18 replies to this topic

#1 Chris Smitty

Chris Smitty

NOT NEWB

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 10:27 AM

Yeah another mock draft, and maybe my final mock draft for Carolina Panthers 2012 Draft. I tried to make the best mock draft with best player available, our needs and the more realistic.

Round 1 Pick 9: Fletcher Cox

DT From Mississippi State

6'4 & 298 lbs

Posted Image

One of our two big need is DT, with Claiborne already gone, no other CB merit a top 10. So the best DT this year is Fletcher Cox, he can play also DE in 3-4. McClain suck and with 14.5TFL and 5 sacks in 2011 Cox is a new starter for week 1 against Tampa. I still believe in Sione Fua who could take the place of Edwards during the season wich is getting old. Fua-Cox for next years is encouraging.

Round 2 Pick 40: Jayron Hosley

CB from Virginia Tech

5'10 & 171 lbs

Posted Image

In my mock 1.0 I choose Trumaine Johnson because have a good size and I'm sick with nickelback (Hello Munnerlyn, Butler and perhaps Hogan), but Hosley for me is the next Asante Samuel with the same quality and default (run support). It's also a potential starter on day 1 but he can not rest on his talent because high competion with Higan, Munnerlyn and Butler for CB2. Hosley is also a great punt returner and he realized 12 interceptions on the last two seasons.

Round 4 Pick 104: Marvin McNutt

WR from Iowa

6'4 & 215 lbs

Posted Image

After reinforce our defense, it is time to improve offense and offer new toys for SuperCam. McNutt have a great size and he ran his 40 yards faster than previously tought. With 82 rec 1315 yards for 16.04avg and 12 TDs this year is a sleeper. With our 4th round he can struggle for WR2 with Lafell and Gettis, it's a redzone target potential for our offense, 28 touchdowns at Iowa, I have very high hopes in him.

Round 5 Pick 143: Demario Davis

OLB from Arksans State

6'3 & 230 lbs

Posted Image

Return to defense for an insurance to Thomas Davis with another Davis. Demario is also fast and he have a solid starter experience (3 years with) 223 tackles, 7 sacks, 4 interceptions... With Beason, Anderson, T.Davis, Senn and D.Davis we have a solid group of linebacker for next years, hoping to avoid injury.

Round 6 Pick 180: Desmond Wynn

OG from Rutgers

6'6 & 295 lbs

Posted Image

We complete our depth chart with this pick, Rutgers is good football player and I think, he has a role to play in NFL. We have a good OG with Hangartner, Pollak, but none are excpetional.

Round 6 Pick 207: George Bryan

TE from North Carolina State

6'5 & 265 lbs

Posted Image

It is our local product and a big sleeper. Shockay not resign for the time, we have need a TE to go with Olsen and Barnidge. Bryan has the size requiered for the position and it is surely the best TE blocker and also a good hands as demonstrated his 126 rec and 17 TDs in 4 years with the wolfpacks.

Round 7 Pick 216: Drew Butler

P from Georgia

6'2 & 214 lbs

Posted Image

Our new punter for next years and Butler appears attrected the interest of Rivera and Panthers.

(Sorry again for my bad english)

#2 Doyle

Doyle

Headed to the county line

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,915 posts
  • LocationRiverboat Rivera

Posted 23 April 2012 - 10:29 AM

I like the punter in the 7th. No earlier please.

#3 Toundra

Toundra

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,441 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 10:34 AM

McClain suck

I stop reading right here..

#4 Chris Smitty

Chris Smitty

NOT NEWB

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 11:04 AM

I like the punter in the 7th. No earlier please.

I agree, maximum our 6th round compensatory, we have many needs to complete this year.

I stop reading right here..

Our defense against the run comes in part from McClain, Ok Fua is not the best NT and he has not so good stats than McClain, NT are the shadow players that do no play for stats but for the other.

#5 Toundra

Toundra

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,441 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 11:12 AM

Our defense against the run comes in part from McClain, Ok Fua is not the best NT and he has not so good stats than McClain, NT are the shadow players that do no play for stats but for the other.

I am a Carolina Panthers fan and i will certainly not blame a rookie for being average his rookie season as a starter, especialy when the rookie is playing alongside with another rookie..
You will look like an idiot if MacClain is playing well in 2012.

#6 SOJA

SOJA

King McNutt 2016

• HUDDLER
  • 9,169 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 11:22 AM

I'm really not trying to be a jerk, but in English you wouldn't say he "realized" 12 interceptions. It would be he "had" or he "got" 12 interceptions

#7 Dash Global

Dash Global

• HUDDLER
  • 2,050 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 11:29 AM

alot better mock!

realistic and addresses our needs.

#8 CardiacCats

CardiacCats

• HUDDLER
  • 3,384 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 12:47 PM

Good mock, nice job bro

#9 Frash Brastard

Frash Brastard

The Frashmaker

• HUDDLER
  • 13,593 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 01:49 PM

A draft class consisting of cox and mcnutt

How awesome would that be

#10 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• HUDDLER
  • 7,847 posts
  • LocationNonya

Posted 23 April 2012 - 03:25 PM

I swear Mcnutt is such a wasted pick.

#11 Dash Global

Dash Global

• HUDDLER
  • 2,050 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 03:33 PM

I swear Mcnutt is such a wasted pick.

Not so sure about that. Has a real knack for catching balls over his shoulders in stride.

#12 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• HUDDLER
  • 7,847 posts
  • LocationNonya

Posted 23 April 2012 - 05:58 PM

Not so sure about that. Has a real knack for catching balls over his shoulders in stride.

He has no seperation no speed and will be a 3rd wr at best.

#13 Dash Global

Dash Global

• HUDDLER
  • 2,050 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 11:10 PM

Speed doesnt make you a good WR.

Route running and hands are much more important.

Put the ball in this dudes vicinity and he will be coming down with it more times than not.

#14 Chris Smitty

Chris Smitty

NOT NEWB

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 03:03 AM

It is wrong that is slow, indeed he run his 40yards at Indianapolis in 4.54 sec better than Randle, Quick, Adams (4.55), Wright (4.61), Sanu (4.67), Criner (4.68) in other... Plus, McNutt performed well at the senior bowl (in addition to excellent career NCAA at Iowa), for me McNutt is a steal with our 4th round. The only time this season where he struggled to separate is against Nebraska and CB A.Dennard.

#15 JawnyBlaze

JawnyBlaze

• HUDDLER
  • 6,197 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 03:31 AM

I like this mock. I disagree about McClain though, I think he did his job FAR better than Fua did his, and I think McClain has FAR more potential to do his job well in the future than Fua. I love the Demario Davis pick, he's my mid round crush.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.