Photo
- - - - -

Is It Ever Wrong To Call Someone Sir?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
34 replies to this topic

#31 CatofWar

CatofWar

Join, or Die

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 25 April 2012 - 09:39 PM

Horse poo. Raised in Houston and that's where it was drilled into my brain. Maybe I'm just an uber nice guy. Doubt it.

#32 Captroop

Captroop

Pronounced, "Cat Poop"

HUDDLER

Posted 25 April 2012 - 10:05 PM

Midwestern Catholic family, raised in North Carolina, Christian School.

I say "Sir" to the homeless guy licking spilled Mountain Dew off the floor of the Metro.

#33 Wither

Wither

Relatively Unknown Poster

HUDDLER

Posted 26 April 2012 - 01:57 AM

Horse poo. Raised in Houston and that's where it was drilled into my brain. Maybe I'm just an uber nice guy. Doubt it.

Houston is quite a bit different than say, Charlotte. There are a lot of people who were not originally born in NC and who grew up elsewhere now living in the state. They seem to live in the bigger cities and such.

#34 PanthaSan

PanthaSan

Sith Bewbie Padawan....

SUPPORTER

Posted 26 April 2012 - 07:41 AM

I don't think it's a North/South, East/West kind of thing. I am a Cali Boy born and raised and I use "sir" all the time. Even the baggers at the grocery store get a very honest "thank you, sir."

All wimmenz, but only strangers, I call "Miss." It doesn't make them feel old and the older ladies get a really neat grin on their faces.

It's called being polite and general society could use more of it.

But it was always a joke in the military if you were to call an Enlisted Man "Sir", the response you would get is "I'm not a sir, I work for a living." That is in reference to all officers having to be addressed as sir. Most Vetereans still use that line today but only as a joke.

If I am addressing a female that I know, I will always use the affectionate term "Biatch." As in, get me another beer, Biatch

#35 Kevin Greene

Kevin Greene

I Don't Want To Get Off On A Rant Here But....

HUDDLER

Posted 26 April 2012 - 10:39 PM

Besides the obvious misuse of calling a woman sir, is it ever offensive to call male sir?

Posted Image

No, it's never wrong.