• Please log in to reply
270 replies to this topic

#196 FirstRoundPick

FirstRoundPick

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 979 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 10:48 PM

did you have a point?? What about timmons?? best cover LB in the league playing in the middle. Just trying to make you see that LB's are actually very important and not to be confused with FB's as you did.

Yes rush LBers are extremly valuable. Probally better than good DE.

#197 CPF4LIFE

CPF4LIFE

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,125 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 10:50 PM

His nickname is Clark Kent/Superman too. lol

#198 FirstRoundPick

FirstRoundPick

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 979 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 10:50 PM

Fixed it for ya.

Thank you

#199 Snake

Snake

swagaholic

• HUDDLER
  • 11,217 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 10:53 PM

@snake: Rivera stated throughout the year he beleive in our third rounders from a year ago. I wasn't thrilled at first but I realized TD won't be what he used to be. It's a smart choice. He can tackle and cover well.

Whatever the choice is tomorrow I'll stand begin him because I believe Rivera is set out to build a strong defense and has had a good history of dominant defenses.

TD insurance was needed but it was a reach in the first. We passed on Impact players to draft insurance for TD. Something Im not happy about.

#200 Jesse

Jesse

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,216 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 26 April 2012 - 10:58 PM

I fuggin love TD, but you can't depend on a man with three ACL tears in what, less than three years? Hes not insurance, he's our guy.

#201 mav1234

mav1234

• HUDDLER
  • 15,960 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 11:00 PM

TD insurance was needed but it was a reach in the first. We passed on Impact players to draft insurance for TD. Something Im not happy about.

It wasn't TD insurance. TD is not a starter right now. He is a backup. He will not be anything else until he proves he can play long term. For a team that relies so heavily on good LB play, you can NOT go with someone you KNOW is unreliable like that as your primary option.

#202 jamos14

jamos14

The Huddle Beast

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,375 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 11:02 PM

He is probably the farthest thing from a reach. Try again. High floor and ceiling does not equal a reach just because you dont like LBs.

#203 CatMan72

CatMan72

KEEP POUNDING

• HUDDLER
  • 14,651 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 11:03 PM

This pick makes perfect sense, we have no idea what we're getting back in either Davis or Beason.

#204 ClawOn

ClawOn

Bringer of Dong

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 11:06 PM

I think I'm gonna be sick. I'll be rooting for him, but man I don't feel good about this. They just told TD they have no faith in him. It's one thing to have no faith in your head and plan for the worst, it's another to blow a 1st on it and state it as flatly as they did.

Yea the Panthers would be insane to have doubts about a guy with 3 ACL surgeries on the same knee. Oh god. Idiots.

Anyway, great pick. Urlacher type LB with high character as an extra. Will be a 10 year+ starter.

#205 ClawOn

ClawOn

Bringer of Dong

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 11:07 PM

He is probably the farthest thing from a reach. Try again. High floor and ceiling does not equal a reach just because you dont like LBs.

Yep. Outside of the top 5 probably the safest pick in the draft.

#206 Snake

Snake

swagaholic

• HUDDLER
  • 11,217 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 11:07 PM

Someone is going to be unhappy if everyone stays healthy. We let Connor walk but draft MLB in the first. Makes no since at all.

As Chris Harris has said. There are only 3 LB spots in a 4-3

#207 hank pimple butt

hank pimple butt

HALUKEN

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,507 posts
  • LocationIn your pants USA

Posted 26 April 2012 - 11:12 PM

Wonder w/this pick if they will put Davis back in as a saftey?

#208 PanthersFan7

PanthersFan7

• NEWB
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 11:14 PM

love this pick! now we just need to get Janoris Jenkins in the 2nd and our defense will be much improved

#209 jamos14

jamos14

The Huddle Beast

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,375 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 11:19 PM

Someone is going to be unhappy if everyone stays healthy. We let Connor walk but draft MLB in the first. Makes no since at all.

As Chris Harris has said. There are only 3 LB spots in a 4-3

What does Chris Harris' opinion have anything to do with this? He's still mad he isn't one of our 2 safeties.

There may only be 3 STARTING positions in 4-3 but there are plenty of opportunities to fit good football players on the field. You can never have too many good football players.

#210 JawnyBlaze

JawnyBlaze

• HUDDLER
  • 6,057 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 11:36 PM

Yea the Panthers would be insane to have doubts about a guy with 3 ACL surgeries on the same knee. Oh god. Idiots.

Anyway, great pick. Urlacher type LB with high character as an extra. Will be a 10 year+ starter.

I never said they shouldn't have doubts. A guy drafted #9 overall at such an easy transition position as LB should start day 1. With this selection they blatantly told TD he isn't a starter anymore. I've stated all along they should draft a contingency for if/when TD can't play any more. Zach Brown in the 2nd or Demario Davis in the 4th/5th were my favorites, but there are tons of options. Kuechly isn't a contingency, he's a straight up day 1 replacement. I think Kuechly is too good to be riding the bench, I have a high opinion of him. I just didn't think he fits what we need, because even if TD doesn't play a single snap ever again our LB corps of Anderson, Beason and whoever is still better than what we have at DT or CB aside from Gamble.

You should probably learn a little reading comprehension before calling people idiots.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Luke Kuechly, Carolina Panthers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.