Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

**keuchley's 1St Interview As A Panther**

31 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Here's the link:

http://www.panthers.com/media-vault/audio/Luke-Kuechly-Interview/d55819b2-a63f-43ed-b547-44caf563832a

I love this guy!

Posted · Report post

He's going to dominate. Enough said.

Posted · Report post

Love him already. LOve how he turned down going to the draft, he doesn't care about all the spotlight. He just loves football and is a hard worker. Great job, Hurney. Now let's get Vinny Curry or Janoris Jenkins tomorrow.

Posted · Report post

Man crush. But then I love all panthers that are drafted.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='CardiacCats' timestamp='1335494889' post='1749120']
Love him already. LOve how he turned down going to the draft, he doesn't care about all the spotlight. He just loves football and is a hard worker. Great job, Hurney. Now let's get Vinny Curry or Janoris Jenkins tomorrow.
[/quote]

I agree on all points
Curry or Jenkins and draft will be of the a GREAT start.

Posted · Report post

Awesome pick!

Posted · Report post

Kid's gonna shine!! The more I look, the more I think of the scheme possibilities...great pick. Gonna get me a Kuechly jersey...BTW OP you misspelled his name.

Posted · Report post

Rough transcript, cut out some stupid questions from the media when they couldn't understand what he said or whatever.

Panthers Media: Whats it feel like to be drafted by the Panthers?

Luke Kuechly: They were interested in me and they wanted me to be on their team and I think anytime you get anything like that its an honor. I got to get down there and do what I can to contribute to the team.

PM: Whats it feel like coming in to play for a guy that played the position in the league for 9 years?

LK: When you get someone like that they know what you are going through they went through the same things you are going through and they can connect. I am just excited right now for the opportunity/

PM: When did you get a feeling that this was going to happen? Any sense in the days leading up to the draft?

LK: A lot of stuff, a lot of people saying different things, went in with an open mind set. I am just so happy that they want me on their team, I am just pumped to get there and get started.

PM: They talk to you about what position you might start out at?

LK: Be ready to play all three, figure out the play book quick, be versatile and ready to go.

PM: Any experience other than middle at BC?

LK: Will a little in my freshman year.

PM: MLB your best fit?

LK: That is where I played most and where I am most comfortable at right now

PM: Why didn't you go to New York?

LK: Done with the traveling around... Been going all over the place, ready to sit down at home with my family and just go from there.

PM: Are you at your house? How many people with you?

LK: 40-50 people. People starting to clear up, a lot of younger cousins. Good group of people here.

PM: Where are you?

LK: Cincy Ohio

PM: What do you know about the Panthers defense & situation at LB?

LK: They got a good guy in Jon Beason, a guy that sticks out at you, Carolina has the 4-3 that may make the transition easier but NFL defenses are complicated so you gotta get in your playbook and learn as quick as possible.

PM: Describe yourself as a player.

LK: The biggest thing with me is that I love playing football, it has been my top priority since I started playing, I love the mental aspect, I love the prep, it is something I have been doing for a while and I really enjoy.

PM: Meet with Sean McDermott?

LK: Briefly when I went on a visit there but not a huge conversation.

PM: What do you do off the field?

LK: I love to fish off the field, some places in Cincy, hopefully can find some places down there to fish.

PM: Are you a Bengals fan?

LK: Yeah, growing up in a Cincy you are a Bengals fan. Couple guys I liked watching play, but I'm a Carolina guy now.

PM: Some bad Bengals team?

LK: Couple rough years but they are getting better, going to turn it around.

PM: What were some of your earliest football experiences?

LK: Went undefeated and won city championship in 4th grade.

PM: Name of the school?

LK: Our Lady of Sacred Heart

PM: What position?

LK: Linebacker and fullback

PM: ever play any position other than LB?

LK: A little tight end but nothing major.

PM: What is it about BC that prepares you guys to do well in the NFL?

LK: I think it is just that they do a good job of preparing us with a strong work ethic - we play the whole game, play hard, play physical, avoid mistakes.

PM: What is your career highlight? A lot of bug tackle games, which one sticks out?

LK: The last game against Miami, we had a rough season but we were able to put some things together at the end of the season, and I played alright but we got a win for the team which was really big.

PM: Any person connections to this organization or to Charlotte/NC?

LK: I have some family that used to live in Charlotte but other than that not too much.

PM: How different is your life going to be?

LK: I mean you know, it is football, it is football all day, it is a job now but I am just pumped up and I think it will change but I have to wait and learn.

PM: What number at BC?

LK: 40.
PM: Is it available?

LK: I don't think LBers are allowed to wear 40 anymore.

PM: What number you going to wear?

LK: I have to get down there and see what is going to happen.

Posted · Report post

great head.......great hands.

Posted · Report post

Who was the dumbass that asked him if he was going to wear number 40?

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Nicbsbll2' timestamp='1335495726' post='1749191']
Who was the dumbass that asked him if he was going to wear number 40?
[/quote]
That guy was a tard throughout.

Posted · Report post

I feel like the guys almost too smart to play this game