Photo
* * * - - 2 votes

Which Game Would We Have Won Last Season With Kuechly?

• Please log in to reply
71 replies to this topic

#31 Nicks To The Colts

Nicks To The Colts

shitpost around the clock

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,343 posts
  • LocationChapel Hill

Posted 27 April 2012 - 07:41 AM

the falcons had a field day running stretch plays at connor because they knew he couldn't beat them to the edge

other than that i've got nothing

#32 BeasonBeastingBacks

BeasonBeastingBacks

Farewell Sweet Prince

• HUDDLER
  • 3,165 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 07:42 AM

Brockers would have taken us to the Super Bowl

just sayin

#33 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • 16,462 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 27 April 2012 - 07:50 AM

No need to look back. What we do know is that just getting our guys back from Ir is going to make the defense better. Once we add some pieces in the draft and lets not forget free agency when we pick up guys who are suddenly expendable due to draft pickups, and we will have a much improved team.

Playing the what if game looking back is for losers.

#34 x djdrew x

x djdrew x

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 260 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 07:52 AM

my problem with everyone hating on the pick is that.......there are no Suhs or even any Fairleys in this draft. No bonecrushing, dirtbag, hit them in the balls and break their back dirty SOB DTs that actually really make a difference. If we would have taken a DT or DE last night, we would have been reaching for a need and filled it with someone drafted way too early. The guys available we not elite level. We did, however, land an elite player with the pick. Thats the important part, we have several more picks to acquire good pass rushing and CB help.

Gotta have perspective. I don't blindly trust and believe in everything that the Gospel according to Hurney tells me............but you gotta look at things realistically................at least we aren't Seachicken fans, amirite? :lol:

#35 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • 16,462 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 27 April 2012 - 07:58 AM

As for Kuechly being our best cover guy now, according to whom? Mike Mayock? Remind me what he said about Cam. Besides, in our defense, tight end coverage fell to the safety spot way more than most teams.

Mayock actually called this pick like he did last year with Newton. Said it would be Cox or Kuechly. As for TE coverage being the safeties responsibility we did have to compensate because the backers couldn't do the job but that was not the way we want it to be. Normally the linebacker has the TE in coverage.

#36 CRA

CRA

• Moderators
  • 23,911 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 08:01 AM

Anybody got one? Just one?

Chicago. Easily. They didnt even throw the ball since the LBs could stop simple runs to the outside. Forte killed us all day running outside.

#37 Jacket60

Jacket60

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 08:05 AM

Ignorant question. We had one of the worst defenses in the league last year, and the best players were injured. Kuechly makes the defense better than it was and adds depth to the LB core. Simple as that. We have more than one draft pick and there are still plenty of good DTs and CBs available.

#38 Nicks To The Colts

Nicks To The Colts

shitpost around the clock

• HUDDLER
  • 9,343 posts
  • LocationChapel Hill

Posted 27 April 2012 - 08:06 AM

i'm watching the first game against atlanta right now and suddenly i'm liking this pick more. none of our linebackers could make a freaking tackle - turner, mughelli, snelling all just running over guys.

#39 Snake

Snake

swagaholic

• HUDDLER
  • 11,423 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 08:11 AM

Ok after a night of bitching about those pick I will look on the bright side. Any game you saw a LB trailing a TE he would have helped.

#40 La Pantera

La Pantera

humpin' habanero

• HUDDLER
  • 3,520 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 08:16 AM

You add a healthy LB core and we don't give up 140 yards rushing per game in turn winning a few more games....I wanted a DT myself but I'm not mad about the pick, I understand that our LBs were poo last year and as much as we all want Davis back I wouldn't bet 5$ he finishes the season.

#41 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 18,047 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 27 April 2012 - 08:17 AM

Ignorant question. We had one of the worst defenses in the league last year, and the best players were injured. Kuechly makes the defense better than it was and adds depth to the LB core. Simple as that. We have more than one draft pick and there are still plenty of good DTs and CBs available.

He is not depth.

Anyone who REALISTICALLY thinks that Davis is coming back after 3 ACL tears in the SAME knee and play at a Pro Bowl level is kiding themselves.

I LOVE Davis and hope he can....but it is just not going to happen.

Davis will now provide us depth....not Kuechly.

#42 God

God

Attitude

• HUDDLER
  • 4,914 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 08:20 AM

fire hurney, give smf a shot at running the team

problem solved

#43 Jacket60

Jacket60

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 08:23 AM

He is not depth.

Anyone who REALISTICALLY thinks that Davis is coming back after 3 ACL tears in the SAME knee and play at a Pro Bowl level is kiding themselves.

I LOVE Davis and hope he can....but it is just not going to happen.

Davis will now provide us depth....not Kuechly.

That's basically what I meant. He is someone that can step right in. And now, as opposed to 3 good linebackers(2 which are coming off bad injuries), we now have 4 good linebackers. If Davis or Beason go down again, and I'm sure at least one will, who would they have had to fill that hole? That's why Kuechly is the right pick.

Edit: I should add that I'm aware Kuechly will most likely be starting. But if we didn't draft him, that's when my question above would have came in to play.

#44 SCP

SCP

Crop Dusting Son of a Bitch

• HUDDLER
  • 19,152 posts
  • LocationOn a Sales Call

Posted 27 April 2012 - 08:24 AM

The point is you dipshits that having a better linebacker last season wouldn't have won us a single game. There wasn't a Sunday last year where people were saying that the team played great enough to play if only the linebackers had been better. Even when they struggled, the play of the defensive line or secondary was SO much worse that we would have lost anyway.

Well apparently Kuechly is a great cover guy. So if that is true, maybe we win that first Saints game in Charlotte. Jimmy Graham was uncovered most of that game. The d-linemen in the draft are not impact players. I think Kuechly can be an impact player. Solid pick by the Panthers.

#45 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 18,140 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 08:25 AM

Answer this question...

how many games would the Denver Broncos have won last year without Von Miller. I'm not saying they are the same, I'm just saying don't minimize the impact of one player.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.