Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Funny How...

42 posts in this topic

Posted

Lafell or gettis may show us something this year but you are kidding yourselves if you think either of them are gonna put fear into opposing defenses.....ask any GM in football if right now they consider lafell or gettis a #2 receiver and see what they say........

Chuds offense doesn't place great value at #2. Run, #1WR, TEs......That was before Carolina and here

Posted

We have basically a top 5 offense returning next year. So far we have loaded up our special teams, added to our defense and got some protection for Cam. The FO probably doesn't see a new #2 wr as a top priority at the moment, and I can see their logic.

Posted

.....ask any GM in football if right now they consider lafell or gettis a #2 receiver and see what they say........

I hate when people say inane things like this.

Posted

One of these days, you people will learn: quarterbacks make receivers.

How many great receivers does Tom Brady have?

Did you know that Brett Favre thought that Greg Jennings was useless?

Brees has a receiving corp of low draft picks.

So you morons need to chill and let Cam do what elite QBs do: make the players around him better.

Posted

One of these days, you people will learn: quarterbacks make receivers.

How many great receivers does Tom Brady have? Well, to be fair Brady didn't do poo himself til he got an elite WR in Randy Moss. All their championships were won by defense. Nowadays he has Gronk and Hernandez who are studs in their own right and Welker who fits the system fits your argument with Brady making him look better than he is.

Did you know that Brett Favre thought that Greg Jennings was useless? Heh, I didn't know that. Interesting.

Brees has a receiving corp of low draft picks. One of their receivers was a first rounder, I forget which. I think it was Meacham. But your point is valid, it's not like Meacham was even a good pick or a real contributor to their passing game. Their best pass catchers (Colston, Graham) were mid to low round picks.

So you morons need to chill and let Cam do what elite QBs do: make the players around him better.

Posted

not seeing what's so funny.

Posted

Qbs do make receivers look good but it works both ways......I'd say Steve Smith had a little something to do with making Jake Delhomme look decent for several years.....I don't care what round or how high of a pick the receiver is.....a good receiver is a good receiver.....period

Posted

tumblr_kwmsjb3pPo1qas5xlo1_400.gif

Posted

For Yeats sake!

Posted

You're cool dude..have nothing better to do than nitpick on spelling.....you're a clown

Posted

for yeats?

Wow, you guys are nit-picking a newby for a single letter typo?! This is not directed only at you SOJA, I guess we should monitor those of you who made comments about that too then. Strange.

Posted

way to compare luxury picks from a team who just won the Superbowl to a team that has more holes than swiss cheese..

yes, it's funny how our team can't seem to see the forest through the trees like our brilliant fanbase who could get a job at the drop of a dime with an NFL FO making these decisions.. I don't know why you haven't attempted to send in a resume...

great point. I applaud this thread.. you have made us all smarter.. wonderful work..