41 replies to this topic

#16 Rags

Rags

help

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,218 posts
  • LocationButtsville, NC

Posted 27 April 2012 - 09:14 PM

75% of this board thinks Gettis is good as Larry Fitzgerald. It's so funny. He showed some promise two years ago, but has been gone from the game for a year. Not only will he be rusty, but we've yet to see his actual potential yet.

No one said he was as good as Fitz. Jesus christ, there's nothing wrong with really liking a player and thinking he can be great.

#17 JawnyBlaze

JawnyBlaze

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,609 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 09:14 PM

for a minute there I thought you were saying Eli is over rated.

for a minute there you were right :)

#18 FirstRoundPick

FirstRoundPick

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 979 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 09:15 PM

for a minute there I thought you were saying Eli is over rated.

Looks like he is underated to me.

#19 Guest_Bwood_*

Guest_Bwood_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 April 2012 - 09:31 PM

You act like it is obvious these guys are going to be great WR's in the NFL..... This is still up in the air, so just calm down before making such statements. Many people still think we need WR help. Whenever I see you post, its somewhat hostile posting of how someone disagrees with you.

Let's bring in another 3rd to 6th round valued WR to compete with LaFell and Gettis and Armanti and Pilares!!!11!!1

Or we can see what these guys got and when Smitty hang's it up, draft a #! receiver.

#20 Ivan The Awesome

Ivan The Awesome

That wasn't a Penalty.

• ALL-PRO
  • 9,862 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 27 April 2012 - 09:34 PM

The giants have Hakeem Nicks and Victor Cruz yet they see the need to draft a receiver in the 2nd round......yet we have only Steve Smith and haven't had a legit #2 rec. For Yeats.....I just don't understand why we don't attempt to get another big time or potentially great rec?

Posted Image

#21 arc

arc

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 404 posts
  • Locationin orbit

Posted 27 April 2012 - 09:38 PM

its only been 2 picks folks an we're only getting better

Right now is the lamest most inopportune time to get bitter...especially about who we should have picked and not what's ahead.

Not saying is bad, but damn the offseason suckers people in badly...about all these prospects and this whole damn "I know what the team really needs" sh*t

I'm not zero-ing in on anyone in this thread but damn I can see why I always preferred viewed this board over posting

#22 Herbert The Love Bug

Herbert The Love Bug

Stripper Name: Bo Dangles

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,567 posts
  • Locationtied to your basement wall

Posted 28 April 2012 - 01:02 AM

Where have you been?We have tried to get a legit #2 on several occasions. They have been busts. Having LaFell and Gettis is very nice though. Both will have big seasons.

#23 QCpanther

QCpanther

NEWB

• NEWB
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 06:53 AM

Some people on this board are corny as hell...if people don't agree with them, they try and belittle their opinion,etc...I like our 2 picks so far in this draft....my whole point was just that I don't understand why we don't go out and bring in a stud receiver....seems like we talk about this every year.....we'd be so much more dangerous as an offense....the giants just lost Mario manningham to free agency, who was their 3rd rec and he was better than any rec we have not named Steve Smith.....they felt the need to invest a high pick in trying to replace him....(their 3rd receiver!) just wish our management had more of a killer instinct....this is a passing league, how long do we wait on guys like lafell and gettis etc..? If one of them doesnt become a stud this year then we gotta get someone or we aren't goin anywhere....just saying

#24 QCpanther

QCpanther

NEWB

• NEWB
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 06:59 AM

Lafell or gettis may show us something this year but you are kidding yourselves if you think either of them are gonna put fear into opposing defenses.....ask any GM in football if right now they consider lafell or gettis a #2 receiver and see what they say........

#25 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 25,485 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 07:02 AM

Lafell or gettis may show us something this year but you are kidding yourselves if you think either of them are gonna put fear into opposing defenses.....ask any GM in football if right now they consider lafell or gettis a #2 receiver and see what they say........

Chuds offense doesn't place great value at #2. Run, #1WR, TEs......That was before Carolina and here

#26 Cary Kollins

Cary Kollins

keep lbing

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,785 posts
  • LocationWinston-Salem, NC

Posted 28 April 2012 - 08:13 AM

We have basically a top 5 offense returning next year. So far we have loaded up our special teams, added to our defense and got some protection for Cam. The FO probably doesn't see a new #2 wr as a top priority at the moment, and I can see their logic.

#27 BeerMe

BeerMe

In Chico We Trust.

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 08:24 AM

.....ask any GM in football if right now they consider lafell or gettis a #2 receiver and see what they say........

I hate when people say inane things like this.

#28 fieryprophet

fieryprophet

WARNING: Do not annoy!

• ALL-PRO
  • 5,287 posts
  • LocationLa Grange, NC

Posted 28 April 2012 - 09:09 AM

One of these days, you people will learn: quarterbacks make receivers.

How many great receivers does Tom Brady have?

Did you know that Brett Favre thought that Greg Jennings was useless?

Brees has a receiving corp of low draft picks.

So you morons need to chill and let Cam do what elite QBs do: make the players around him better.

#29 JawnyBlaze

JawnyBlaze

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,609 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 09:19 AM

One of these days, you people will learn: quarterbacks make receivers.

How many great receivers does Tom Brady have? Well, to be fair Brady didn't do poo himself til he got an elite WR in Randy Moss. All their championships were won by defense. Nowadays he has Gronk and Hernandez who are studs in their own right and Welker who fits the system fits your argument with Brady making him look better than he is.

Did you know that Brett Favre thought that Greg Jennings was useless? Heh, I didn't know that. Interesting.

Brees has a receiving corp of low draft picks. One of their receivers was a first rounder, I forget which. I think it was Meacham. But your point is valid, it's not like Meacham was even a good pick or a real contributor to their passing game. Their best pass catchers (Colston, Graham) were mid to low round picks.

So you morons need to chill and let Cam do what elite QBs do: make the players around him better.

#30 Jangler

Jangler

a head full of candy corn

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 47,629 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 09:22 AM

not seeing what's so funny.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com