165 replies to this topic

#16 beastson

beastson

Philly Cheese Steak

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,057 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 02:07 PM

Seriously, why can't Armanti move back to QB. That's messed up... after we gave a 2nd round for him we bet not cut him

#17 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 19,207 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 29 April 2012 - 02:07 PM

AE will get cut

This.

Adams us already a better slot WR than AE.

#18 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 24,146 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 02:12 PM

Armanti served his purpose. He helped bring about the end of John Fox and ushered in the Newton era. Imagine if we had actually drafted a playmaker in his place...

Posted Image

#19 beastson

beastson

Philly Cheese Steak

• HUDDLER
  • 10,057 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 02:17 PM

He should help bring an end to Hurney as well, cause it was just as much him as Fox

#20 Herbert The Love Bug

Herbert The Love Bug

Stripper Name: Bo Dangles

• HUDDLER
  • 12,567 posts
  • Locationtied to your basement wall

Posted 29 April 2012 - 02:17 PM

The only reason they will keep AE around one more year is because they gave up so much to get him and drafted him so high. They are praying he works out. So he will get every chance to prove himself at WR. There is no chance he will be the punt returner with Adams on the team. If AE doesn't contribute or show any improvement, then he is gone. No sense to keep him around if he isn't going to help the team. You have to keep the best players. I don't know how many WRs we will keep on the roster but I would think that Smith, Gettis, LaFell, J. Adams, Manno, and Pilares are all definitely on the roster. AE would be 5th or 6th on the depth chart. Maybe Chud can come up with some creative ways to get AE involved in the offense. Maybe in the wildcat or scat back type.

#21 Ivan The Awesome

Ivan The Awesome

That wasn't a Penalty.

• HUDDLER
  • 9,877 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 29 April 2012 - 02:20 PM

The moment Hurney gave up a second rounder for him he became obsolete. Practically killed his career with the panthers. Feel bad for him to be honest.

#22 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,086 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 02:21 PM

Seriously, why can't Armanti move back to QB.

GTFOOH

#23 beastson

beastson

Philly Cheese Steak

• HUDDLER
  • 10,057 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 02:32 PM

Question

Was A.E a QB in college?

#24 Mage

Mage

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,546 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 02:37 PM

You guys realize we cut Brown right and we gave up even more for him (and Brown was on the field a lot more than AE was)?

They aren't going to keep him on the roster just to save face. If he fails, he is going to be cut. It's that simple.

#25 AceMan

AceMan

Huddle Vet

• HUDDLER
  • 2,743 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 02:44 PM

Hurney doesn't have to save face anymore...AE is gone

#26 Keith Moons Liver

Keith Moons Liver

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,613 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 02:48 PM

Armanti Edwards terrible play makes Armenti Edwards obsolete.

#27 PantherPhann89

PantherPhann89

CPP "Carolina Panther Phann"

• HUDDLER
  • 3,328 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 29 April 2012 - 02:52 PM

0% chance they cut AE before last cuts. He would have to basically kill someone not to make it that far. When you look at it, he is one of the most "experienced" WR on the roster. But I really think his only chance to make the team is as a WR. The biggest negative for him is that you have a ton of guys on the roster that are just like him; small, quick, slot receivers.

He's the most experienced WR on the roster and still can't get on the field.

#28 DawgzLife

DawgzLife

Charter Fan '93

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,022 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 02:54 PM

Yeah, last year they had to keep him, just for PR duties. There were no other options on the team & everyone is right, they want to see him succeed based only on his draft position (& he is probably a high character guy). I do not think he will make it on the final roster no matter what chances they give him tho.

A guy who doesn't help the team is bad enough, but he has hurt the team on returns. Hurney has a good stable of WRs now & will be able to cut him & say the other guys outperformed him; which I think will be the truth. I hope Hurney learns not to fall in love with players for stupid reasons (...he beat Michigan!). I don't think Hurney has learned tho, b/c he reached for Frank Alexander this year, IMO. I like Alexander & think he will contribute, but why not Jared Crick? (dumb)

#29 Carolina Fan

Carolina Fan

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 533 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 03:34 PM

Wildcat potential, he is a "safe" PR even if it is a back-up if adams fumbles a lot or gets hurt if he gets the starting job, he really hasn't got a chance at WR, i doubt he gets cut his contract isn't that big is it? if he does get cut it will be end of camp.

#30 top dawg

top dawg

The Creative Cat

• HUDDLER
  • 7,570 posts
  • LocationWITHIN MY MIND'S EYE

Posted 29 April 2012 - 03:38 PM

Seriously, why can't Armanti move back to QB. That's messed up... after we gave a 2nd round for him we bet not cut him

Beaston, sometimes it's best to just cut your losses instead of making your investment worse. My wife, an econ major, continually brings up the term "opportunity costs". Unfortunately for Edwards, his presence is costing someone else who can make a greater impact an opportunity to do just that. In a perfect world, perhaps he will have an opportunity to beat out Jimmy for third. I don't see it, but like my mother-in-law says: "What you don't see will make a whole other world."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com