Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Dt - It Isn't Quite As Bad As You Think.

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
81 replies to this topic

#37 Rubi

Rubi

Squid Smasher

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 29 April 2012 - 11:03 PM

Once the dancing bear and soda can (mcclain and fua) were hurt I thought the interior of the line looked much improved. we had some big hogs in there for once and they rolled their sleeves up and got down and dirty and did some work in there. we finally had some big fat strong dudes in there dropping bombs on the opponents OLine.

#38 TANTRIC-NINJA

TANTRIC-NINJA

Dey Hate Us Because They Aint Us!

HUDDLER

Posted 29 April 2012 - 11:04 PM

The play of of our DTs and lbers were a combo of embarassmen last season. While ai do not think Edwards will be at any elite level I do think he will bring some run stuffing double team presence that was lacking for most the season. Shirley or one of the other DTs will be solid as well and I think we should see a jump in production with McClain.

McClain got so many snaps last season and in a rotation he shouldl flash his pass rush skills and hopefully develop some consistancy.

Also an offseason helps..

#39 4Corners

4Corners

2014 Huddle Poster of the Year.

HUDDLER

Posted 29 April 2012 - 11:05 PM

Once the dancing bear and soda can (mcclain and fua) were hurt I thought the interior of the line looked much improved.

totally agree with this post.

#40 Kuech the Sneak

Kuech the Sneak

HUDDLER

Posted 29 April 2012 - 11:05 PM

Shirley and Kearse were just huge in the middle at the end of the year...they only really had a hard time against nicks and Evans which was understandable

#41 4Corners

4Corners

2014 Huddle Poster of the Year.

HUDDLER

Posted 29 April 2012 - 11:06 PM

The play of of our DTs and lbers were a combo of embarassmen last season. While ai do not think Edwards will be at any elite level I do think he will bring some run stuffing double team presence that was lacking for most the season. Shirley or one of the other DTs will be solid as well and I think we should see a jump in production with McClain.

McClain got so many snaps last season and in a rotation he shouldl flash his pass rush skills and hopefully develop some consistancy.

Also an offseason helps..

Having a real off season will certainly help. As will Jon Beason.

#42 pOpCoRnPoPpEr

pOpCoRnPoPpEr

HUDDLER

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 29 April 2012 - 11:08 PM

Yes i also thought the backups played well after mcclain and fua went down. Which begs the questions. How many defensive tackles will the Panthers carry and who makes the team?

#43 Rubi

Rubi

Squid Smasher

HUDDLER

Posted 29 April 2012 - 11:09 PM

Im a fan of Shirley and Kearse. They are way bigger...way stronger than the 2 rookies from last year.
I mean these two guys combine for like 660 lbs of just pure beef. Add big Ron in there...pretty much at 1000 lbs of just nastiness on the DLine. Just three big hogs at DT. Im good with that.

#44 Gin and Juice

Gin and Juice

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 29 April 2012 - 11:11 PM

Rivera does well with UDFA and late rd picks..........look at GARAY!

#45 Ivan The Awesome

Ivan The Awesome

Keep Pounding...all the way to...the draft! :D

SUPPORTER

Posted 29 April 2012 - 11:12 PM

The key word everyone is missing. 'Rookies'. No OTA's, no mini camp. Kinda hit the ground running type of deal. They'll improve.

#46 Carl Spackler

Carl Spackler

Cinderella story

HUDDLER

Posted 29 April 2012 - 11:13 PM

Are Shirley or Kearse on the team presently?

#47 KendrickPanther

KendrickPanther

SENIOR HUDDLER

SUPPORTER

Posted 29 April 2012 - 11:25 PM

If you look at the Panthers D our Super Bowl year we had several no names playing key roles for us. You don't need a stud in every position. Just solid talent and a few unexpected surprises. Think about it, Reggi Howard? Greg Favors? We loves Will Witherspoon but he hasn't done much since he left. Ricky Manning played great that season but his career fell apart in a few years.

All we need is our stars to stay healthy and a couple scrubs to play above expectations.

#48 DaCityKats

DaCityKats

feed KB 2014

HUDDLER

Posted 29 April 2012 - 11:27 PM

Kearse was a rookie as well,and other rookies started just as many games as Fua and Mcclain without the offseason and ota.i hope they have progressed as well,but damn if they didnt get abused last year.