Draft kuechly

• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

#46 mav1234

mav1234

• ALL-PRO
  • 16,768 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 08:13 PM

I don't think Kuechly would be upset about it much, I just don't know why a Panthers official would say things that contradict what other guys have said.

#47 Yaboychris28

Yaboychris28

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,896 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 08:15 PM

Kuechly> barron

#48 fieryprophet

fieryprophet

WARNING: Do not annoy!

• ALL-PRO
  • 5,335 posts
  • LocationLa Grange, NC

Posted 30 April 2012 - 08:27 PM

The only reason I could imagine they would take Barron ahead of Kuechly is that we have far less established talent at safety than we do at linebacker. But I doubt Luke gives the tiniest crap about something as inane as this. He's a Panther now, and he wouldn't be in the NFL if he didn't believe in his own talent.

#49 sml1950

sml1950

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 385 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 08:35 PM

This is a total non issue. Most motor mouths on Sirius NFL had the defensive players ranked exactly the way they come off the board. What kuechly should be focused on is that once the Tannehill pick came in it took about 20 seconds for the Panthers are on the board to their pick is in. There was never any question of taking any time to discuss any trade offer. When he fell to us, we pounced.

#50 SOJA

SOJA

Official Panthers Fan

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,227 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 08:38 PM

Dumb thing to say, but it is interesting if it is true. Would you (Huddle) rather have Barron or Kuechly?

Personally I think Kuechly is a safer pick, and don't know if I'd pick a safety in the top ten unless I thought they had Ed Reed like potential. Not sure if Barron isn't just another Michael Huff (solid but nothing out of the ordinary)

Either way, if any decent safety gets cut this offseason look for the Panthers to show interest.

Also sorry Sherrod, but looks like you are going to have to play your ass off to get a roster spot

#51 panther4life

panther4life

• HUDDLER
  • 4,654 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 08:40 PM

He said this on a Tampa radio show to create a buzz and make their fans feel special. I doubt he even ever saw our big board

#52 MHS831

MHS831

• HUDDLER
  • 7,172 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 09:21 PM

I would draft Kuechly and give up a third rounder before I would draft Barron and get a third rounder. In 10 years, you will laugh at this debate.

#53 Fiz

Fiz

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 11,063 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 07:42 AM

Carrier is a glorified caterer.

I sincerely doubt he's in a position to know these things.

Also he'll be going to Danny morrisons office, not hurneys.

#54 AceMan

AceMan

Huddle Vet

• HUDDLER
  • 2,765 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 07:54 AM

If true,

This means we have less faith in Godfrey, not Martin...Godfrey was our "in-the box" safety

#55 dksmith17

dksmith17

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 575 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 08:03 AM

Not sure I believe this. I read somewhere that Rivera said Kuechly was the #1 player on our board.

#56 bababoey

bababoey

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 423 posts
  • Locationcorner of drunk and stupid

Posted 01 May 2012 - 09:40 AM

If true,

This means we have less faith in Godfrey, not Martin...Godfrey was our "in-the box" safety

I don't know about that. I dont think Martin will ever play saftey again for the panthers. I think they move him to corner and if he can't beat out captian or hogan he will never play another game in the regular season for the panthers. Just my thought.

#57 CheeseCP

CheeseCP

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 155 posts
  • LocationSparkle City

Posted 01 May 2012 - 10:07 AM

Just trying to get bargaining power for Kuechly's rookie contract...... wait.......

#58 caatfan

caatfan

full of it

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 934 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 10:17 AM

Why tell everyone what your draft strategy is, even after it's all over? 'We think we're weak at the safety position'. What positive purpose does it serve?

#59 hepcat

hepcat

Skandalouz

• HUDDLER
  • 4,827 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 10:20 AM

What is the purpose in saying that? You got who you got, now just move forward! Agree with those saying he might lose his job - he should. That doesn't motivate our new #1 guy, making him think he was the fallback plan. Douche move, if this is true.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Draft, kuechly

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com