orly?

#77 Marguide

Marguide

South of the Border

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,495 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 07:12 PM

Thank the heavens for Luke, as I did not want Coples.

As for Otah, I think he lacks the drive to be a success in the NFL.

#78 Coheed

Coheed

Loves Jon Beason

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 306 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 01 May 2012 - 07:55 PM

I know what their big board was if you really want to know, the top 10 at least.

Do tell.

Just curious.

#79 Ivan The Awesome

Ivan The Awesome

That wasn't a Penalty.

• HUDDLER
  • 9,790 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 01 May 2012 - 09:02 PM

Oh god, I'm glad that didn't happen.

#80 Verge

Verge

Huddle Captain

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,561 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 09:06 PM

Do tell.

Just curious.

1. Luke Kuechly
2. Morris Claiborne
3. Justin Blackmon
4. Quinton Coples
5. Matt Kalil
6. Bruce Irvin
7. Michael Brockers
8. Stephon Gilmore
9. Chandler Jones
10. Mark Barron

#81 nagai

nagai

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,207 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 09:21 PM

1. Luke Kuechly
2. Morris Claiborne
3. Justin Blackmon
4. Quinton Coples
5. Matt Kalil
6. Bruce Irvin
7. Michael Brockers
8. Stephon Gilmore
9. Chandler Jones
10. Mark Barron

Well I find it really hard to doubt you after you called Bruce Irvin in the first round :blink:

Why is Cox not on this list?

#82 Verge

Verge

Huddle Captain

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,561 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 09:23 PM

Well I find it really hard to doubt you after you called Bruce Irvin in the first round :blink:

Why is Cox not on this list?

Bad scheme fit. Last year he would have been fine, but this year and the following years he just would not fit.

#83 sml1950

sml1950

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 384 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 09:25 PM

I think we can look for Alexander to move inside to the 3 on 3rd down as a tall pass rusher who can shoot the gap, knock down balls and force the QB to our DEs. Sounds like what they wanted to do with Coples.

#84 nagai

nagai

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,207 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 09:27 PM

Bad scheme fit. Last year he would have been fine, but this year and the following years he just would not fit.

O OK. Can you explain that a little bit more? How does he not fit our scheme?

#85 Verge

Verge

Huddle Captain

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,561 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 09:36 PM

O OK. Can you explain that a little bit more? How does he not fit our scheme?

He is to compact and not lengthy, also he was short and really only had the job of penetrating the line as opposed to total run stuffer. We wanted someone taller with more length and more consistent in stuffing the run and in general doing it all. Fletcher Cox was fine in my book even though I admit he was not the best at stuffing people at the line, I thought penetration was fine for that. Surprisingly enough, they thought Coples would be the better DT.

Last year he would have been a perfect fit as we were more of an Eagles type D penetration in the insides but inability to stop the run with inside linemen, but now we are moving away from it, and if I am looking at things correctly possibly moving to a 3-4...and Cox would straight up just not fit in a 3-4. (He would play DE in a 3-4 but it is not a good fit.)

#86 nagai

nagai

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,207 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 09:52 PM

He is to compact and not lengthy, also he was short and really only had the job of penetrating the line as opposed to total run stuffer. We wanted someone taller with more length and more consistent in stuffing the run and in general doing it all. Fletcher Cox was fine in my book even though I admit he was not the best at stuffing people at the line, I thought penetration was fine for that. Surprisingly enough, they thought Coples would be the better DT.

Last year he would have been a perfect fit as we were more of an Eagles type D penetration in the insides but inability to stop the run with inside linemen, but now we are moving away from it, and if I am looking at things correctly possibly moving to a 3-4...and Cox would straight up just not fit in a 3-4. (He would play DE in a 3-4 but it is not a good fit.)

Thanks bud :). Not sure they should move away from the Jim Johnson D since last year was a result of injuries, but we'll see what happens.

#87 Man Strength

Man Strength

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 207 posts
  • LocationNYC

Posted 01 May 2012 - 09:54 PM

Verge, this is some serious knowledge you are dropping. perhaps even worth another thread. What else you got? anything...

who would play where in this 3-4 you speak of?

...........................or are you just fuging with us?

#88 SIGCHI222

SIGCHI222

the illustrious potentate

• HUDDLER
  • 4,283 posts
  • LocationShelby

Posted 01 May 2012 - 10:09 PM

Players at DT...questions,debate, players at DE...questions, debate, players at CB (after Claiborne)...questions, debate, players at LB...Luke Kuechly, period. If you stop loving on Beast and Davis for one minute and just look at this at face value, we got one bad MFer on defense that we help in multiple areas for a decade. Rivera/Hurney>Fox/Hurney...it is what it is brahs.

#89 arc

arc

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 404 posts
  • Locationin orbit

Posted 01 May 2012 - 10:14 PM

Posted Image

#90 Lout

Lout

Draft Guru

• HUDDLER
  • 2,417 posts
  • LocationTulsa, OK

Posted 01 May 2012 - 10:25 PM

Yea I think I have already given up on Otah, anyways good talk Lout. Refreshing when two people can have a decent conversation on the internet without getting at each other's throats

I agree. Don't get me wrong, if Otah has another setback, I will be the first one screaming for an OT in the draft. The FO feels that this is his year he will recover, so I have to expect they know more than I do.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com