Photo
- - - - -

Charlotte 49Ers Going Back Home To C-Usa

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
50 replies to this topic

#25 Niner National

Niner National

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 06 May 2012 - 01:07 PM

Tensor do you think Charlotteans in mass will give up their allegiances to UNC and other schools and support "Charlotte's team"?

I don't really see many people in Charlotte that have a strong allegiance to anyone for football.

With so many transplants in the area, I think there is plenty of opportunity to draw in the average fan if the team is successful.

For basketball, it is less likely. Charlotte had a lot of success in the past, but the casual basketball fan in the city really only got excited when Cinci/Louisville came to town. Winning will take attendance back to 7500+/average, but I don't see CUSA opponents filling up Halton unless we end up running that conference the way Memphis did (which I don't think is likely).

A successful football program will help interest in all sports though.

#26 King Taharqa

King Taharqa

The Panthers Quarterback

HUDDLER

Posted 06 May 2012 - 01:25 PM

Good luck to you guys. I'm happy you finally got a football team. I didnt attend UNCC, but I've always supported them from afar.

#27 King Taharqa

King Taharqa

The Panthers Quarterback

HUDDLER

Posted 06 May 2012 - 01:31 PM

I am an alum and could care less about UNCC athletics.

Not surprised Mr. "We need Charlotte's team to represent 'us'"

#28 4Corners

4Corners

2014 Huddle Poster of the Year.

HUDDLER

Posted 06 May 2012 - 03:40 PM

King when is Central Piedmont getting a football team?

UNCC football is going to be a huge success in this city I'm sure of it.

#29 holderoftruth

holderoftruth

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 06 May 2012 - 07:58 PM

I am an alum and could care less about UNCC athletics.

Why could you less about Charlotte's athletics?? Did you attend Charlotte for 4 years??

#30 4Corners

4Corners

HUDDLER

Posted 07 May 2012 - 09:33 AM

No. I went to ECU first and I'm a Carolina fan.

Once football starts up I plan on purchasing season tickets.

I should clarify that I don't hate UNCC athletics, but I don't support Judy Rose and reward mediocrity with my alumni bucks.

#31 Niner National

Niner National

HUDDLER

Posted 07 May 2012 - 10:47 AM

No. I went to ECU first and I'm a Carolina fan.

Once football starts up I plan on purchasing season tickets.

I should clarify that I don't hate UNCC athletics, but I don't support Judy Rose and reward mediocrity with my alumni bucks.

There won't be any until the stadium is expanded. All season tickets will be sold to PSL holders. 7,500 tickets to go students, and the rest of the seats go to the visiting team.

If the visiting team allotment is not purchased, those will be sold as single game tickets.

The stadium will probably be expanded in 2015 though, so you won't have to wait too long.

I've debated just waiting on season tickets myself. PSLs are relatively cheap compared to NFL PSLs, but I still don't really have an extra $2,000 laying around to buy two seats

#32 4Corners

4Corners

HUDDLER

Posted 07 May 2012 - 10:58 AM

why don't they just build the stadium to it's max capacity during the first construction?

#33 Niner National

Niner National

HUDDLER

Posted 07 May 2012 - 11:28 AM

why don't they just build the stadium to it's max capacity during the first construction?

Well I doubt they expected to get into an FBS conference right away.

They are building it with bonds from the state (which are repaid by the school through donations, revenue, and student fees, not taxpayer money). They'd have to do the same to build the expansion, so it has to go through approval and all that first. It is put into the 2014-2015 budget currently for approval, but they won't be able to start construction until after it is approved.

#34 holderoftruth

holderoftruth

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 07 May 2012 - 11:36 AM

I wished the seating would accomdate young alumn and current seniors and juniors, who arent in the postion to pay for PSLs, such as single game tickets & season tickets. The school is condsidering adding temporary seats so maybe that could be the opition. It will be interesting to see if the students will fill their seats up.

#35 Jase

Jase

Kuechold Fantasies

Administrators

Posted 07 May 2012 - 11:37 AM

Sweet, can we get bobby lutz back plz?

#36 Niner National

Niner National

HUDDLER

Posted 07 May 2012 - 12:45 PM

Sweet, can we get bobby lutz back plz?

Why? He sucks too.

Lutz succeeded in Conference USA the first time because he sold the strength of the conference. When he could no longer go to recruits and say "you can play against Calipari, Huggins, and Pitino" he stopped bringing in the talent. The only really good player he brought in in his last 5 years was Chris Braswell. 13 JUCOs in 5 years is unacceptable and it showed on the court.

He hated recruiting. Admitted it several times.

At a school like Charlotte, you need a coach that is willing to recruit his ass off. Someone in their mid-50's like Bobby doesn't want to do that and most of his assistants were similar in age to him and didn't want to either.

Bobby is in a great spot. As the head assistant at state he can make great money, work on game planning/practice, and leave recruiting to the other guys. If he does step into recruiting there, he can do what he does best: sell the conference and not the school. There is no easier conference to sell.