• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

#31 Niner National

Niner National

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,437 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 10:47 AM

No. I went to ECU first and I'm a Carolina fan.

Once football starts up I plan on purchasing season tickets.

I should clarify that I don't hate UNCC athletics, but I don't support Judy Rose and reward mediocrity with my alumni bucks.

There won't be any until the stadium is expanded. All season tickets will be sold to PSL holders. 7,500 tickets to go students, and the rest of the seats go to the visiting team.

If the visiting team allotment is not purchased, those will be sold as single game tickets.

The stadium will probably be expanded in 2015 though, so you won't have to wait too long.

I've debated just waiting on season tickets myself. PSLs are relatively cheap compared to NFL PSLs, but I still don't really have an extra $2,000 laying around to buy two seats

#32 4Corners

4Corners

suck me beautiful

• HUDDLER
  • 14,142 posts
  • Location704

Posted 07 May 2012 - 10:58 AM

why don't they just build the stadium to it's max capacity during the first construction?

#33 Niner National

Niner National

• HUDDLER
  • 3,437 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 11:28 AM

why don't they just build the stadium to it's max capacity during the first construction?

Well I doubt they expected to get into an FBS conference right away.

They are building it with bonds from the state (which are repaid by the school through donations, revenue, and student fees, not taxpayer money). They'd have to do the same to build the expansion, so it has to go through approval and all that first. It is put into the 2014-2015 budget currently for approval, but they won't be able to start construction until after it is approved.

#34 holderoftruth

holderoftruth

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,143 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 11:36 AM

I wished the seating would accomdate young alumn and current seniors and juniors, who arent in the postion to pay for PSLs, such as single game tickets & season tickets. The school is condsidering adding temporary seats so maybe that could be the opition. It will be interesting to see if the students will fill their seats up.

#35 Jase

Jase

Kuechold Fantasies

• Administrators
  • 16,845 posts
  • LocationMatthews, NC

Posted 07 May 2012 - 11:37 AM

Sweet, can we get bobby lutz back plz?

#36 Niner National

Niner National

• HUDDLER
  • 3,437 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 12:45 PM

Sweet, can we get bobby lutz back plz?

Why? He sucks too.

Lutz succeeded in Conference USA the first time because he sold the strength of the conference. When he could no longer go to recruits and say "you can play against Calipari, Huggins, and Pitino" he stopped bringing in the talent. The only really good player he brought in in his last 5 years was Chris Braswell. 13 JUCOs in 5 years is unacceptable and it showed on the court.

He hated recruiting. Admitted it several times.

At a school like Charlotte, you need a coach that is willing to recruit his ass off. Someone in their mid-50's like Bobby doesn't want to do that and most of his assistants were similar in age to him and didn't want to either.

Bobby is in a great spot. As the head assistant at state he can make great money, work on game planning/practice, and leave recruiting to the other guys. If he does step into recruiting there, he can do what he does best: sell the conference and not the school. There is no easier conference to sell.

#37 4Corners

4Corners

suck me beautiful

• HUDDLER
  • 14,142 posts
  • Location704

Posted 07 May 2012 - 03:14 PM

but but but Michael Beasley

#38 Niner National

Niner National

• HUDDLER
  • 3,437 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 03:21 PM

but but but Michael Beasley

Man that recruiting class had the potential to be a launching pad for Charlotte.

We had 3 or 4 top 100 commits that year. When Beasley decommited, so did everyone else. It would have been a top 10 recruiting class in the nation.

Lutz had nothing to do with that commit though. That was all Hill. Somehow he's still riding the gravy train from that. He's getting 400k a year at Maryland and he hasn't done a very good job since that first class at K-State.

#39 4Corners

4Corners

suck me beautiful

• HUDDLER
  • 14,142 posts
  • Location704

Posted 07 May 2012 - 03:23 PM

I just don't see UNCC doing much in basketball anytime soon. I expect Major to probably get the axe after this season as well.

#40 Ncstatefan

Ncstatefan

GO PACK!!!

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 654 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 04:23 PM

Why? He sucks too.

Lutz succeeded in Conference USA the first time because he sold the strength of the conference. When he could no longer go to recruits and say "you can play against Calipari, Huggins, and Pitino" he stopped bringing in the talent. The only really good player he brought in in his last 5 years was Chris Braswell. 13 JUCOs in 5 years is unacceptable and it showed on the court.

At a school like Charlotte, you need a coach that is willing to recruit his ass off. Someone in their mid-50's like Bobby doesn't want to do that and most of his assistants were similar in age to him and didn't want to either.

Bobby is in a great spot. As the head assistant at state he can make great money, work on game planning/practice, and leave recruiting to the other guys. If he does step into recruiting there, he can do what he does best: sell the conference and not the school. There is no easier conference to sell.

Bobby Lutz is one of the biggest recruiters for NC State, helped bring Tyler Lewis in (McD AA) + is one of the main recruiters, attending many camps/tourneys, for many of the 2013 targets as well.

Also if Bobby Lutz sucks, then why did VTech have him 2nd on their list for next head coach?

Bobby Lutz has been great and so have those former assistants of his, who are also recruiting like crazy for state.

Lutz did well with what he was given, Charlotte is a hard sell to any recruit, its hard to blame the winningest coach in your schools history for the lack of success. I mean the guy went 19-12 in his last season there and Major has yet to get them to .500

#41 cbarrier90

cbarrier90

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,208 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 06:47 PM

Why? He sucks too.

If inability to recruit is the excuse for failure in the primarily northeastern private school A-10, how was Chris Mack able to build a pipeline in NC?

In 2009, Charlotte was poised to finally get one of the A-10's at large bids and nearly upset Derrick Favors and Iman Shumpert's Georgia Tech squad at home. Then somehow, everything collapsed, players starting causing trouble, and Lutz was canned.

Do you really believe Major is the answer?

#42 Niner National

Niner National

• HUDDLER
  • 3,437 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 08:38 PM

If inability to recruit is the excuse for failure in the primarily northeastern private school A-10, how was Chris Mack able to build a pipeline in NC?

In 2009, Charlotte was poised to finally get one of the A-10's at large bids and nearly upset Derrick Favors and Iman Shumpert's Georgia Tech squad at home. Then somehow, everything collapsed, players starting causing trouble, and Lutz was canned.

No, I don't believe Major is the answer.

The 19-12 record that year was built on a weak schedule. We beat a Louisville team that was missing 3 starters. We lost to Duke by 41! We got hammered by a few other schools.

Chris Mack doesn't have a pipeline to NC, he signed Dez Wells, that's all. Nobody else on that roster is from NC. His only connection to NC was Pat Kelsey, who quit the game for a year and is now the HC at Winthrop. When Kelsey left, so did his NC "pipeline."

#43 Niner National

Niner National

• HUDDLER
  • 3,437 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 08:44 PM

Bobby Lutz is one of the biggest recruiters for NC State, helped bring Tyler Lewis in (McD AA) + is one of the main recruiters, attending many camps/tourneys, for many of the 2013 targets as well.

Also if Bobby Lutz sucks, then why did VTech have him 2nd on their list for next head coach?

Bobby Lutz has been great and so have those former assistants of his, who are also recruiting like crazy for state.

Lutz did well with what he was given, Charlotte is a hard sell to any recruit, its hard to blame the winningest coach in your schools history for the lack of success. I mean the guy went 19-12 in his last season there and Major has yet to get them to .500

Lutz didn't recruit Lewis to NC State, Lewis followed him there.

Lutz gave his brother a walk-on spot with the chance to earn a scholarship when he was at Charlotte. Tyler was around our program all the time because of his brother. If we had kept Lutz, Lewis would be a 49er next year.

Lutz has admitted in interviews before that he hates recruiting. I'm not making it up.

Former coaches have said that Bobby sold recruits on the conference and never sold people on the school. That's what a lazy recruiter does. His recruiting approach was piss poor for the A10 and it ultimately got him fired.

Lutz excelled coaching in a league with a uptempo style. He could never figure out how to play the grinding style of basketball that many schools in the A10 play.

I can turn that VT question around on you. If Bobby is so great, why did they hire the assistant from the coach they just fired? VT never did anything with Greenburg, why hire his assistant to lead the program?

Bobby is a smart guy and a great game planner. He fits his role at State very well and should stay there and thrive in that role.

#44 4Corners

4Corners

suck me beautiful

• HUDDLER
  • 14,142 posts
  • Location704

Posted 07 May 2012 - 08:57 PM

Lutz didn't recruit Lewis to NC State, Lewis followed him there.

LOL!

Tensor you seem to know a lot about the niners but Lutz has been one of the best assistant coaches in america the past season.

I know it's hard for you to give the guy props, but come on bro.

UNCC fans lol

#45 4Corners

4Corners

suck me beautiful

• HUDDLER
  • 14,142 posts
  • Location704

Posted 07 May 2012 - 09:00 PM

The only thing Alan Majors did worth a sh1t at UNCC is kick Shamari Spears off the team for throwing a punch at him.

I respect Majors, but he is not a head coach. Sorry. Dude can't recruit worth a damn either. Something duke fans have forgotten as of late. Recruiting= college sports.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com