• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Round 1 Winners and Losers

26 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

Why do I still have this feeling that Washington got the best qb last night?  I will have to monitor that situation up there. I can't explain it it, it's just a gut feeling.  It could also be gas. 

it's a sick feeling that you might be right. for some reason i just hate for them to have stumbled on something good there. 

• Beer 1

15 minutes ago, hepcat said:

Now here's a question that'll cook your noodle, is Maye's situation better than Bryce's last year? 

Doesn't matter if Maye's situation is better or worse than Young's was last year. If Maye has a terrible season, LG will say it is worse and blame everyone except Maye for it. The UNC homerism is strong.😄

• Pie 1
  • Flames 2

Just now, jayboogieman said:

Doesn't matter if Maye's situation is better or worse than Young's was last year. If Maye has a terrible season, LG will say it is worse and blame everyone except Maye for it. The UNC homerism is strong.😄

maye will sit for a year or close to it, you can book that in stone

1 minute ago, mrcompletely11 said:

thats the thing, blank clearly is out of it and they made the pick without telling him.  Thats how its set up in atl.  Here not so much

It’s not about being overly involved. What you’re describing is an owner who has basically no communication with his management. If true, that’s negligence and incompetence, not something to emulate.

1 minute ago, jayboogieman said:

Maybe, maybe not. I haven't paid attention to the Pats, so have no idea how good or bad their QB situation is.

they just signed brissette to a 1 year deal anticipating whichever qb they get he will sit for the short term to maybe year,  Bill simmons has talked about this a bunch on his podcast

• Beer 1

16 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

cousins has a no trade clause

Why sign Kirk if you knew you like Pennix?  Blank was supposedly furious last night

i wouldn't doubt it. 

i mean we haven't had the greatest management here for a while, but the falcons doing what they did just makes you go...

What The Hell Just Happened Reaction GIF

was this planned and they just didn't tell ANYONE what they were doing? was this an impulse purchase? 

but as far as Blank is concerned, he probably felt like things were on the right track and he could have that high powered offense going again and now you just have to give Cousins more weapons or give the defense more (especially since there was so much available at that moment) and you draft a QB that you won't need for 4-5 years because you've already got one locked up with a killer contract for that long? 

unless they cut Cousins, by the time they are ready to move on from him contractually, Penix will have lost 3-4 years of his rookie contract and you'll only have him for another year or two.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, rayzor said:

i wouldn't doubt it. 

i mean we haven't had the greatest management here for a while, but the falcons doing what they did just makes you go...

What The Hell Just Happened Reaction GIF

was this planned and they just didn't tell ANYONE what they were doing? was this an impulse purchase? 

but as far as Blank is concerned, he probably felt like things were on the right track and he could have that high powered offense going again and now you just have to give Cousins more weapons or give the defense more (especially since there was so much available at that moment) and you draft a QB that you won't need for 4-5 years because you've already got one locked up with a killer contract for that long? 

unless they cut Cousins, by the time they are ready to move on from him contractually, Penix will have lost 3-4 years of his rookie contract and you'll only have him for another year or two.

blank also wanted to hire Bill B but his front office talked him out of it.  Seems like the issue is much larger then most are aware of. 

• Pie 1

6 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

blank also wanted to hire Bill B but his front office talked him out of it.  Seems like the issue is much larger then most are aware of. 

there's a big time disconnect there. blank as to have some buyers remorse there. whatever is going on, it makes me feel better/less miserable about our mess. just like losing the lost superbowl we were in sucked, but at least we didn't lose like they did.

Why do I think Bill B has a shot at Atlanta GM President of Football Operations all of a sudden?

A more fun question is, could you imagine Tepper’s reaction to the same situation?

Edited by strato