• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

#46 Niner National

Niner National

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,539 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 09:26 PM

The only thing Alan Majors did worth a sh1t at UNCC is kick Shamari Spears off the team for throwing a punch at him.

I respect Majors, but he is not a head coach. Sorry. Dude can't recruit worth a damn either. Something duke fans have forgotten as of late. Recruiting= college sports.

Recruiting has picked up significantly since he's been here.

We've signed four guys that were either top 150 on rivals or top 100 on ESPN before signing with us in the last two years. Any time a player signs with a mid-major program they drop in the rankings because mid-major programs don't sell subscriptions.

Last year was his first freshman class and he found a real gem with Pierra Henry.

Lutz had 13 junior college players his last 5 years and at least four or five transfers. You can't build a program with that many two year players. Transfers and JUCOs are fine, but they should usually fill gaps, not make up the core of your team.

I find Major to be a bad in game coach, but I think the recruiting is just fine. Last year we had the 2nd best ranked recruiting class in the conference and the same is true for this season.

#47 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 19,460 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 08 May 2012 - 07:04 AM

Wow....this thread really got hijacked.

Started out discussing their move to C-USA....quickly became a bitch session about how App St got screwed....finally turned into an arguement about Bobby Lutz.

This is impressive.

#48 4Corners

4Corners

go to sleep hoe

• HUDDLER
  • 14,482 posts
  • Location704

Posted 08 May 2012 - 07:23 AM

Tensor I will agree that it was time for Lutz to go. In all honesty, the move was probably two years passed due. However, I disagree that Major is a good recruiter. And that may or may not be related to me being a Carolina fan and I'm just used to a top 5 recruiting class every year and accustomed to McDonalds All Americans going in and out of Chapel Hill. Carolina just lost basically it's starting 5 and they still have 5 McDonalds AA on the roster next season.

Do you truly think UNCC has improved since Lutz was fired?

Like I said bro I respect Majors for kicking that fat POS Spears off the team but I just don't think he is a NCAA HC.

Also, the CUSA move should help tremendously. They should of never left in the first place but I think a lot of that move was due to circumstances out of their control.

#49 Niner National

Niner National

• HUDDLER
  • 3,539 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 07:36 AM

Tensor I will agree that it was time for Lutz to go. In all honesty, the move was probably two years passed due. However, I disagree that Major is a good recruiter. And that may or may not be related to me being a Carolina fan and I'm just used to a top 5 recruiting class every year and accustomed to McDonalds All Americans going in and out of Chapel Hill. Carolina just lost basically it's starting 5 and they still have 5 McDonalds AA on the roster next season.

Do you truly think UNCC has improved since Lutz was fired?

Like I said bro I respect Majors for kicking that fat POS Spears off the team but I just don't think he is a NCAA HC.

Also, the CUSA move should help tremendously. They should of never left in the first place but I think a lot of that move was due to circumstances out of their control.

Yeah, you really can't compare a recruiting class at a school like Charlotte against Chapel Hill.

If you look at the kinds of players schools in the A10/MWC/CAA/MVC/CUSA recruit, Charlotte has been among the best since Major arrived.

CUSA shouldn't really impact recruiting negatively. In fact, it may help us because most of the players we target these days are in NC and Georgia. CUSA schools are a lot closer to home than A10 schools.

As for football recruiting, I think Charlotte will be an attractive destination for transfers for the 2014 season. They can transfer in for 2014 and since Charlotte will still be FCS, they'll be able to play immediately. Then in 2015, they'll be back in FBS. If they transfer to another FBS school, they'll have to sit a year. I'm no football player, but in my mind playing FCS > sitting on the bench for a year, but maybe players won't see it that way.

#50 4Corners

4Corners

go to sleep hoe

• HUDDLER
  • 14,482 posts
  • Location704

Posted 08 May 2012 - 07:41 AM

Yeah like I said FB at UNCC is going to be very successful. Totally agree about the transfer thing.

I honestly see UNCC being a FB school within 5 years with hoops taking a big time back seat. UNCC soccer, baseball, golf are already top notch so basketball has it's work cut out for them.

#51 kman72

kman72

Sports Maniac

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,075 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 23 May 2012 - 03:55 AM

i also think the football team can be very successful, there is so much talent around the area, if we can get some of the local kids to stay in football and basketball for that matter we can build a solid program quickly.

great point about the transfers rule, if i was looking to trasnfer that would be a huge draw for me. i have a friend that already has transferred back home to play for the team, taking a redshirt next yr. he will be a redshirt soph.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com