Photo
- - - - -

Whos Your Favorite To Win # 2 Corner As Of Right Now And Other Upcoming Camp Battles

• Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

#1 panther4life

panther4life

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,654 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 05:34 PM

Yes I know we still have to go through all the camps and preseason but if you had to handicap it who would be your guess.

I really like this Norman kid. Granted I did not even know who the hell he was before the draft but the more I research he seems to have all the tools and skill needed. Sounds like he just needs the coaching. He;s also 2 inches taller than Butler/Hogan and 4 inches taller than Munnerlyn which should help against the taller receivers we will be facing all year.

Munnerlyn is just outmatched when playing the outside and is much better suited for defending the slot. Hogan does not do anything to really jump out at me. I don't know what the hell Butler's problem is. He was off to a nice start as a rookie out in New England and then things went downhill from there.

Other battles that interest me would be every defensive line spot not occupied by Johnson and Edwards.

I think Neblett/Kearse/Mcclain will all be in contention for the 2nd DT spot.

At Defensive end opposite of Johnson, I would hope that Alexander can at least come in and challenge Hardy for the starting job since we traded next years third for him. I also think Applewhite may have an outside chance at it since he did not join the team until October but was still able to have an impact.

Would love to hear everyone elses thoughts as well, and feel free to chime in other position battles that you think may occur.

#2 chef17

chef17

Senior Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • 3,502 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 05:43 PM

Yes I know we still have to go through all the camps and preseason but if you had to handicap it who would be your guess.

I really like this Norman kid. Granted I did not even know who the hell he was before the draft but the more I research he seems to have all the tools and skill needed. Sounds like he just needs the coaching. He;s also 2 inches taller than Butler/Hogan and 4 inches taller than Munnerlyn which should help against the taller receivers we will be facing all year.

Munnerlyn is just outmatched when playing the outside and is much better suited for defending the slot. Hogan does not do anything to really jump out at me. I don't know what the hell Butler's problem is. He was off to a nice start as a rookie out in New England and then things went downhill from there.

Other battles that interest me would be every defensive line spot not occupied by Johnson and Edwards.

I think Neblett/Kearse/Mcclain will all be in contention for the 2nd DT spot.

At Defensive end opposite of Johnson, I would hope that Alexander can at least come in and challenge Hardy for the starting job since we traded next years third for him. I also think Applewhite may have an outside chance at it since he did not join the team until October but was still able to have an impact.

Would love to hear everyone elses thoughts as well, and feel free to chime in other position battles that you think may occur.

I've always wondered why people say stuff like this. Why not just say 2nd DE and DT? It makes no sense to say every spot except half.

On topic, FS and WR will be interesting

#3 cdandi1

cdandi1

Formerly JerryRich4Pres

• HUDDLER
  • 2,707 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 01 May 2012 - 05:46 PM

I personally want to see the Safety competition..I think that kid from San Fran might compete for a starting spot.

#4 SuperMan

SuperMan

I'm always holding back.

• HUDDLER
  • 2,265 posts
  • LocationRaleigh,NC

Posted 01 May 2012 - 06:08 PM

Hogan will win the #2 corner spot.

Terrell Mcclain will win the 3 tech spot,

Kuechly will start at Mlb.

Beason will start at Wlb.

#5 The Huddler

The Huddler

St. Thomas Aquinas

• HUDDLER
  • 4,233 posts
  • LocationRadford University

Posted 01 May 2012 - 06:13 PM

Yes, Hogan will win it. He'll be a good one

#6 Gallagher

Gallagher

Never Doubt Davis

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,249 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA

Posted 01 May 2012 - 06:22 PM

I predict Norman wins CB2, that Godfrey and Nakamura will be our starting safeties and that Kearse will be the starting DT opposite Edwards.

#7 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 10,431 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 06:25 PM

every team needs 4 good corners
2 full time starters, one for packages and one for injuries

Hope we have 4 goods ones now

#8 SuperMan

SuperMan

I'm always holding back.

• HUDDLER
  • 2,265 posts
  • LocationRaleigh,NC

Posted 01 May 2012 - 06:27 PM

I predict Norman wins CB2, that Godfrey and Nakamura will be our starting safeties and that Kearse will be the starting DT opposite Edwards.

I do not think we want Norman winning the spot, while he will be a great situational CB to cover larger WR's he dosnt have the speed to keep up with faster WRS.

#9 Verge

Verge

Huddle Troll Legend

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,530 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 06:29 PM

Josh Norman

#10 pOpCoRnPoPpEr

pOpCoRnPoPpEr

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,940 posts
  • LocationPrison

Posted 01 May 2012 - 06:30 PM

Munnerlyn because i'm a Carolina homer.

I actually like kearse but the staff may want to stick with their draft pick and start Mcclain.

At Safety?? Who knows, none are worth writing home about.

#11 IplayedCam#1317

IplayedCam#1317

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 402 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 06:30 PM

How about you got try out and have steve break you're ankles

#12 bhamjr85

bhamjr85

NEWB

• NEWB
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 06:43 PM

Darius Butler #2
Jason Shirley next to Ron Edwards
Reggie Smith with Charles Godfrey

#13 CRA

CRA

• Moderators
  • 24,270 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 06:44 PM

Butler.

Can't comment on Hogan or the draft pick bc they haven't play enough or any snaps

#14 Dex

Dex

Gameday Menu Connoisseur

• HUDDLER
  • 6,151 posts
  • LocationConnecticut

Posted 01 May 2012 - 06:45 PM

Tolbert

#15 CLG

CLG

I'ma Mac, Ur a PC

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 701 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 06:49 PM

Seems to be some sleeping on Hogan.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.