Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rumor: Junior Seau Dead?

87 posts in this topic

Posted

Hate it for his family and his friends and his fans.

But suicide is a shitty thing to do to those folks you claim to love.

Great player and by all accounts a great man whos last act was to be a douchebag.

1 person likes this

Posted

North county times saying maid found him dead with a self inflicted gunshot wound to the chest. Really sucks

Posted

Great player and by all accounts a great man whos last act was to be a douchebag.

massive traumatic brain injuries will do weird things to you, this isn't exactly uncharted territory... I think douchebag is a bit presumptuous.

1 person likes this

Posted

I just wish he could have found something he loved as much as football worth living for.

Posted

massive traumatic brain injuries will do weird things to you, this isn't exactly uncharted territory... I think douchebag is a bit presumptuous.

Yeah maybe so...

I just have a hard time with suicide and people who choose it.

Posted

Yeah, you really have to give some thought to the fact that he shot himself in the chest like Duerson did.

Posted

People with brain trauma or mental illness just think differently than an average Joe. The brain is one of our organs we know the least about.

Posted

I just have a hard time with suicide and people who choose it.

Clearly mental illness is not something most people can understand or relate to.

So sad to see Junior leave this world too early.

Posted

I work in mental health. I see it day in and day out and I know what can come with mental illness.

I could get up from my desk and walk down the hall and ask no less than 6 phDs(in various mental health fields) their thoughs on mental health and suicide.

Hell if anything my decade in this industry has reduced my compasion for people who make that choice.

But since this is looking like a thread hijack Im done.

RIP Junior.

Posted

Sad to hear that, he was a great player. RIP

Posted

So easy to pass judgement or use these instances as a platform to voice selfish opinions about controversial topics but all this is based off speculation right now and the guy and his legacy/memory don't need our opinions......... In my opinion.

Posted

Let's not pretend we know what was going on inside his head. No need to judge someone on something you don't know anything about. "If i were him, I wouldn't have committed suicide" is just a dumb thing to think.