Photo
- - - - -

Nfl Head Coach Power Rankings (Rivera At #16)

Rivera

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 DawgzLife

DawgzLife

Charter Fan '93

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,022 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 09:04 AM

Interesting read. It shows that Rivera has a lot of respect to have him rated at #16 after his rookie campaign already & a 6-10 record. They see the organization heading in the right direction...like us.

http://sports.yahoo....OBR+Newswire%29

"16. Ron Rivera, Carolina Panthers: Don’t let the 6-10 record fool you. Rivera had two goals to accomplish during a 2012 regular season that saw his defense get decimated by the injury bug: develop rookie quarterback Cam Newton and show the Carolina fan base that this organization is headed in the right direction. Mission accomplished."

#2 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• ALL-PRO
  • 42,218 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 05 May 2012 - 09:57 AM

Little Brother is getting taller.

#3 Donald LaFell

Donald LaFell

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,848 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 10:01 AM

yeah that's pretty high for what he's accomplished so far. Hard to not like Rivera, unless he can't field a winning team lol.

#4 4Corners

4Corners

go to sleep hoe

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,482 posts
  • Location704

Posted 05 May 2012 - 10:09 AM

Shannahan needs to be lower on the list.

This list is bad btw

#5 DawgzLife

DawgzLife

Charter Fan '93

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,022 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 12:58 PM

Shannahan needs to be lower on the list.

This list is bad btw

Some of it makes sense, some doesn't (like most things in life). My take away is the level of respect Rivera is getting already. I think people like his style & feel that he will be very good.

Everyone also needs to give credit to how much Chud's offense made Rivera look better as well.

Additionally, on Chud, Cam would not have looked like the same rookie in nearly any other offense in the league. We all have to give props to Chud & I'm glad he didn't leave for a HC job.

#6 EMSMedic79

EMSMedic79

Member since 2005

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,819 posts
  • LocationOn the Water

Posted 05 May 2012 - 01:03 PM

John Fox at 8???

#7 Sean Payton's Vicodin

Sean Payton's Vicodin

TAKE IT IN THE POOPER FOR COOPER

• HUDDLER
  • 2,756 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 01:32 PM

Foxy at 8

incoming shitstorm

#8 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,199 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 02:14 PM

they should have put elway instead of fox. fox is just along for the ride.

#9 ForMac

ForMac

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 02:53 PM

They put him basically where he belongs, playoffs and he should crack top 10. Deep run maybe top 5? John Fox is where he belongs, HC get all the credit and blame with Peyton Manning at QB now could stay basically where he is or better if they make a playoff push.

#10 KittyLover

KittyLover

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 196 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 05 May 2012 - 03:09 PM

Fox is not the same coach he was here. He is being forced to change with the times by that front office.

#11 Ivan The Awesome

Ivan The Awesome

That wasn't a Penalty.

• ALL-PRO
  • 9,916 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 05 May 2012 - 03:10 PM

It is what it is, no more.

#12 Cyberjag

Cyberjag

• HUDDLER
  • 3,691 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 04:10 PM

Why is anyone surprised at Fox being so high? He did a good job for the most part in Carolina, but the franchise got stuck in a loop of mediocrity. It's funny, now that he's gone both he and Hurney have franchise QBs, when they never did while they worked together.

I expect pretty good things out of Denver, and I hope that Hurney did as well with the Rivera pick as he did initially with Fox. So far, it looks good. :)

#13 ClarkCam

ClarkCam

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 226 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 04:16 PM

That list was pretty horrid.

#14 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,199 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 04:19 PM

Why is anyone surprised at Fox being so high? He did a good job for the most part in Carolina, but the franchise got stuck in a loop of mediocrity. It's funny, now that he's gone both he and Hurney have franchise QBs, when they never did while they worked together.

I expect pretty good things out of Denver, and I hope that Hurney did as well with the Rivera pick as he did initially with Fox. So far, it looks good. :)

i wouldn't really call peyton a franchise QB in denver. he's a journeyman now. he's got maybe 2-3 years left? just not what i would call a franchise QB. probably just the way i understand a franchise QB, tho.

#15 Marguide

Marguide

South of the Border

• HUDDLER
  • 5,709 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 04:37 PM

i wouldn't really call peyton a franchise QB in denver. he's a journeyman now. he's got maybe 2-3 years left? just not what i would call a franchise QB. probably just the way i understand a franchise QB, tho.

Agree. He is no more than a rent-a-QB.

I still think Fox's head will explode one of these days watching Peyton sling the ball all over the field.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Rivera

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com