#61 j2sgam

j2sgam

cant beat the original...

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,079 posts
  • Locationtryin to figure it out...

Posted 08 May 2012 - 12:04 PM

I have heard that the new Philly stadium is nowhere near what Veterans' Stadium was.. I know people that have gone & come back not wearing somebody's beer...

But just to let you know, it was 49er fans, not Cardinal fans...

#62 pOpCoRnPoPpEr

pOpCoRnPoPpEr

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,940 posts
  • LocationPrison

Posted 08 May 2012 - 12:16 PM

#63 ncmonzta

ncmonzta

CBA=Offer U Can't Refuse

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,806 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 12:20 PM

So nobody wants to wear their team jersey in Philly's stadium? Maybe our fans should take notes.

#64 j2sgam

j2sgam

cant beat the original...

• HUDDLER
  • 4,079 posts
  • Locationtryin to figure it out...

Posted 08 May 2012 - 12:40 PM

So nobody wants to wear their team jersey in Philly's stadium? Maybe our fans should take notes.

I want to, and plan on it sometime. If I did make it up there for a game, you wouldnt have to question what I was wearing... It only takes 4 hours of courage, sac up....

#65 Montsta

Montsta

Rest In Peace

• ALL-PRO
  • 7,114 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 12:44 PM

Why are you guys worried about him in Philly? He is from Italy!!

Posted Image

If anything, Philly fans better be on guard

Two of the guys in this picture are Irish.

#66 Pimpdaddy

Pimpdaddy

takin it as it comes

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,974 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 12:48 PM

i've started to watch NFL in TV during 2003 playoff, my first game was panthers @ st.louis epic game and win :D

Yes, the Panthers make big big football....

#67 Montsta

Montsta

Rest In Peace

• ALL-PRO
  • 7,114 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 01:00 PM

I went to the opener in AZ last year with my girlfriend, and to my surprise the fans there were some of the worst I've ever dealt with. Philly is probably twice as worse but I had multiple guys want to fight me every time I would freak out after a touchdown, I had a "Yes We Cam" sign that I got trash talked about the entire time with some of the lamest jokes I've ever heard.

One fan even tried to tear it in half but there was no fuging way that was going down. I had a drunk dude smack me with his rally towel in the head so I grabbed it and tossed it as far as I could. And after the game, I watched two Cardinal fans beat eachother to a bloody pulp until being tazed.

People are absolutely nuts, but you just gotta stand up for yourself. Don't let some drunk dumbass take away from cheering your heart out for your team.

I also went to that game with my lady, my mom, and my moms boyfriend (they live in AZ, we flew in for the game). I am surprised you had problems. I tailgated on the great lawn with several people from the huddle (PanthaSan, Mrs. PanthaSan, jayflip, dude with the smoking hot wife who's name I can't recall right now, and many others) and we actually had a ton of AZ fans come up and talk to us or ask for pictures with us, etc. When inside the game, the row of guys behind us were rowdy at first (like 7 of them who all looked like college wrestlers or something), but they ended up being cool and talking poo in a banter sort of way with me all game. No incidents in the bathroom or walking through the concourse or anything. Great experience all around, and I'll be doing it again this year when we play San Diego.

#68 4Corners

4Corners

go to sleep hoe

• HUDDLER
  • 14,483 posts
  • Location704

Posted 08 May 2012 - 01:06 PM

Look, a lot of those eagle fans (and most people in general) are all bark and no bite. They get in your face all hammered talking this and that, if you show them you're not a pussy or you're not looking for trouble they will more than likely back down or walk off mumbling insults.

The problem is the number of people there. Some guy could get drunk there wearing a mcnabb jersey grab your GF's ass or get in your face and you check him. The rest of the drunk morons only see you punching an eagles fan. they didn't see the moron insult you and you're just protecting yourself.

I think a key to going to an away game like this would be not to drink before or while you're in the stadium.

#69 Dilated_chakra

Dilated_chakra

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 442 posts
  • LocationWilmington NC

Posted 08 May 2012 - 03:09 PM

Also keep in mind if he's Italian he'll have at least thirty of his halfbreed cousins with him, chain smoking and hurling verbal sexual abuse at every blonde they see.

hahaha what a D .....but so f'ing funny

#70 Dilated_chakra

Dilated_chakra

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 442 posts
  • LocationWilmington NC

Posted 08 May 2012 - 03:11 PM

I wore my gear to a steelers game in december 2 years ago and I wanted to punch everyone in the face. It was nonstop smack talking puss*es . We lost and they wouldnt shut the F up. Take a knife dude and just start gutting all them bastards after we beat that a$$

#71 Guest_Bwood_*

Guest_Bwood_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 May 2012 - 03:11 PM

I also went to that game with my lady, my mom, and my moms boyfriend (they live in AZ, we flew in for the game). I am surprised you had problems. I tailgated on the great lawn with several people from the huddle (PanthaSan, Mrs. PanthaSan, jayflip, dude with the smoking hot wife who's name I can't recall right now, and many others) and we actually had a ton of AZ fans come up and talk to us or ask for pictures with us, etc. When inside the game, the row of guys behind us were rowdy at first (like 7 of them who all looked like college wrestlers or something), but they ended up being cool and talking poo in a banter sort of way with me all game. No incidents in the bathroom or walking through the concourse or anything. Great experience all around, and I'll be doing it again this year when we play San Diego.

Really? I sat right by Panthasan actually he took a photo of me and my girl before the game. It was mostly just this group of guys by me, but did you see the fight afterwords? One of the most classless things I've ever seen at a sporting event.

I'll be in San Diego too man, should be a blast. I think I get more poo during games because I'm a younger white guy, and I usually roll with my small blonde girlfriend.

#72 Panthers128

Panthers128

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 5,283 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 02:40 AM

This thread reminds me of this:

#73 osd22

osd22

Weltmeister

• ALL-PRO
  • 777 posts
  • LocationNo. 1 Panthers Fan in Deutschland

Posted 09 May 2012 - 08:35 AM

I went to the opener of the great :wacko: 2010 season in NY with my wife - the first game in the new Meadowlands Stadium. I received some comments about my teal 89 jersey already in Manhattan cause they also had a Steve Smith that time, but it was all fun, people were cool and I made sure to let everyone know that we had the REAL Steve Smith. Then we went to get the bus from Manhattan to stadium in NJ. The bus was completely packed with Giants fans. We were the last two persons to get on the bus nad the only non Giants fans. Now THAT was a great experience :ph34r: . We swallowed all the comments although 80% of them werde more fun than rude. We talked to Giants fans on our way to the stadium, everything was fine. Later in the stadium there was only one drunken idiot who barked at me the whole time during the game, but all the other GMen around us were respectful and great. It was a perfect day (except the loss) and I would do it again.

But I would never do the same in Philly and Oakland - despite all the love I have for my team.

BTW: I am from Germany, a die hard Panthers fan since 1997 (since my first of many stays in NC). I attend a lot of soccer games here and it is truly amazing how peaceful and safe it is to attend an NFL game being an Away-Fan. Mentioning I am from Germany, we even have a Panthers Fanclub here, so there are quite some Carolina fans in Europe.

Go Panthers!

#74 coralreefer_1

coralreefer_1

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 389 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 08:43 AM

Considering the stereotypes thrown out about the OP being Italian (therefore he must be a gangster and itching for a fight/murder) I have to wonder if the fans around here have any more class that the Philly fans.

Way to welcome a new and international member to the board. Its crap like that that is the reason nearly every discussion here is between the same handful of members, or otherwise trolls.

#75 csx

csx

• HUDDLER
  • 7,381 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 08:48 AM

Considering the stereotypes thrown out about the OP being Italian (therefore he must be a gangster and itching for a fight/murder) I have to wonder if the fans around here have any more class that the Philly fans.

Way to welcome a new and international member to the board. Its crap like that that is the reason nearly every discussion here is between the same handful of members, or otherwise trolls.

I doubt many here have crossed a state border much less ever visited another country.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com