Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Plaxico Burress Was On Nfl Radio And The Topic Of The Panthers Came Up

77 posts in this topic

Posted

More likely people are neither overrating OR underrating Gettis - he s is still very much an unknown quantity. We're all making assumptions...I don't really think we have enough info on Gettis to either overrate OR underrate him.

Plax and Gettis are very different receivers though. I'm not sure Plax being here (if he were) impacts Gettis as much as people seem to think it would.

Posted

i would be surprised if he would play for a minimum contract

Posted

I like him. Would be a nice acquisition IMO even more than Jones/Gaffney but i believe the Panther's FO is set on what they have.

Posted

No

Posted

I'm a big Plax fan. I'd love to sign him for cheap.

Posted

He's not a terrible receiver - it wouldn't hurt my feelings if he was here for some stupidly low number. The question, I guess, is do you get him for a stupidly low number or does he think he deserves a ton of money from someone?

My assumption is he still thinks he deserves a ton of money from someone.

Maybe, but his wife is a lawyer so he isn't looking at a Lawrence Taylor future I would hope. Maybe $$ wouldn't be all that important.

Posted

Rather have Braylon Edwards.

Posted

Cam is bringing the high profile people... Thanks cam! sign this man up!

Posted

142.jpg

Posted

For the right price? Damn right. Higher reward than a guy like Jones and he could probably grab some of Cam's higher passes.

Posted

Just don't think he will play for what we would offer. Same can be said for Shockey.

Posted

I would absolutely sign him for the right price... can you imagine teams trying to defend Smitty, Plax and Olsen with the threat of Cam, DeAngelo, Stewart and Tolbert to run?