Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Comparing Lesean Mccoy's Contract To D-Will's

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
127 replies to this topic

#121 L-TownCat

L-TownCat

Baptized In The Blood Of Saints

SUPPORTER

Posted 19 May 2012 - 01:06 PM

Bad comparison is bad

#122 Stroupe-a-loop

Stroupe-a-loop

Señor Member

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 19 May 2012 - 01:15 PM

I played peewee league for 8 years. I obviously know my poo.

To paraphrase the great military mind Admiral Ackbar, It's a Troll!!!

#123 Marguide

Marguide

South of the Border

HUDDLER

Posted 19 May 2012 - 01:30 PM

Can't put DWill in their system bc he isn't a good enough all around RB.....which is why Stewart saw the field more last year in Carolina.

Did DWill eat your first-born son? Statements like the one above illustrate that your displeasure with DWill goes beyond his contract.

DWill is good enough to start on any team. Saying otherwise is just plain silly.

#124 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

Administrators

Posted 19 May 2012 - 02:40 PM

23 year old Lesean 5 year 45 million, 20 million guaranteed

28 year old Deangelo 5 year 43 million, 21 million guaranteed

Something doesn't belong.

Thanks for noticing.
The thing that doesnt belong ,you see, is you.

#125 SN03

SN03

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 19 May 2012 - 02:47 PM

I played peewee league for 8 years. I obviously know my poo.

So you played peewee football until you were 14-16? In the words of Alan, are you a ratard?

#126 CRA

CRA

Moderators

Posted 19 May 2012 - 06:45 PM

Did DWill eat your first-born son? Statements like the one above illustrate that your displeasure with DWill goes beyond his contract.

DWill is good enough to start on any team. Saying otherwise is just plain silly.

Why did Stewart get more snaps than Williams? Williams was the starter in name only last year....Stewart was there main RB. Time on the field can't be argued.

Philly runs a passing offense.

Williams fits a John Fox run first offense. He couldn't play the reps McCoy did in Philly for the same reasons Stewart got more reps in Chuds.

It isn't a hard thing to grasp. Williams would be a bad RB option for the Eagles. That isn't calling him garbage but he doesn't fit.

Situations, teams, schemes....it all matters. Claiming DWill is this do it all badass at 29 is just silly. Williams would be good in the 49ers offense....not as good in Phillys.

#127 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

HUDDLER

Posted 19 May 2012 - 08:17 PM

Can't put DWill in their system bc he isn't a good enough all around RB.....which is why Stewart saw the field more last year in Carolina.

Paying X amount for a ground attack is smarter/better use of money than same amount for a role player in your ground attack.

DWill could of been a CB, DE or depth at other areas. About having the best team, not backfield.

DWill's contract being good or bad is a situational thing....it was a bad one for Carolina. Same contract could of been better in a different situation

Don 't get me wrong. I was saying the same thing when we signed him.. I love DWill, but he was a luxury that we really could not afford. I was also saying that I would rather have used the money to upgrade other positions.

I was just making the point that comparing raw stats for players in completely different systems is not always as clear as some want to make it.

#128 CCS

CCS

Glutton for heart break and punishment

HUDDLER

Posted 19 May 2012 - 08:42 PM

So you played peewee football until you were 14-16? In the words of Alan, are you a ratard?

Yes I did actually. They let me keep playing because I'm special.