Photo
- - - - -

What Is Gantt's Problem With James Anderson?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
82 replies to this topic

#76 Woodie

Woodie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 20 May 2012 - 10:43 PM

It was a choice between him and Morgan, hindsight = 20/20.

No, it wasn't. Both Morgan and Witherspoon were made similar offers, and Morgan accepted his. However, even after re-signing Morgan, the Panthers kept the offer to Witherspoon on the table. In fact, they even increased it a bit when other teams showed interest. But then the Rams swooped in and offered him a ridiculous contract that exceeded the maximum value the team placed on him.

Point is, that revisionist history likes to say that it was an either/or situation, but that was not the case at all. The team wanted both players and were willing to pay for them...within reason.

#77 skarbar001

skarbar001

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 20 May 2012 - 10:50 PM

Curtis Lofton got 5 years @ 27.5 million while Anderson got 5 @ 22.5. Similar players with similar production. FYI Lofton's cap hit is 7.1 million next year (as in 2013), while Anderson's hit is 4.4 million (again in 2013). Gantt is obviously splitting hairs.

#78 SN03

SN03

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 20 May 2012 - 10:51 PM

Gantt also thinks there's still hope for Armanti as a PR...

He's just trolling App St homers.

#79 KissMyConverse

KissMyConverse

ShoGun of Harlem

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 21 May 2012 - 06:27 AM

He's just trolling App St homers.

Not really when considered Gantt is one of the biggest App St homers. You seemed to get butt hurt when I brought up the Tech/App game. No I wasn't rubbing in Tech beating a D 2 school (hell we couldn't do that two years ago) I was pointing out Gantt's over the top love for App St. And since I see nothing wrong with Jame's play I jokingly reach for straws.

But yes DG is best qualified to cover the Panthers and like someone here said he doesn't drink the kool aid which is why his over the top homerism is out of place to me.

#80 KillerKat

KillerKat

GTFO Shula

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 21 May 2012 - 06:42 AM

btw, this is the reason why I hate Gantt and don't think he is God like some of the people around here. Any time he expresses his opinion, he is full of sh**. Criticizing a guy like Anderson who has been our most reliable LB the past 2 seasons, yet was still a Jake fanboy even at his worse. If he just stuck to reporting, he would be alright.

#81 DaCityKats

DaCityKats

feed KB 2014

HUDDLER

Posted 21 May 2012 - 07:04 AM

Raw tackle numbers on a D that couldn't stop anyone with scrubs all over the field doesn't mean what some suggest....

Go look at the 100+ tackle guys each year.....plenty of JAGs

that sounds like somebody else on this team. but JA is a decent starter with decent production.

#82 Scrumtrilescent

Scrumtrilescent

I aim to misbehave.

Administrators

Posted 21 May 2012 - 08:43 AM

Slightly above average, a good glue guy.

#83 Peppers90 NC

Peppers90 NC

HUDDLER

Posted 21 May 2012 - 03:16 PM

in this league, it's pretty god damned easy to get the same ability for less money

uhm okay, he was by far and away the best lb on our team last year and played almost as well as beason the year before. im pretty sure you were being sarcastic though. if it were that easy to match his talent, we woulda been much better last year.