Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Squirrel

Kharma Is Fixing To Bite The Acc In The A**

120 posts in this topic

Staties should calm down. NC State doesn't have an established enough fan base to go to the Big XII or the SEC.

Arguing for the sake of arguing is pointless and more so in this case. Tom O'Brien isn't a big time football program coach, so he'd sink fast in the SEC/Big XII along with the entire program. The SEC and Big XII aren't dumb enough to take a flier on a school that doesn't even have the #2 fan base in it's own state.

Tom O'Brien isn't a big time football program coach, so he'd sink fast in the SEC/Big XII along with the entire program. The SEC and Big XII aren't dumb enough to take a flier on a school that doesn't even have the #2 fan base in it's own state.

Agree w/ both of these points. IMHO, and I've had lengthy discussions with my good friends who are state alum, O'Brien should of been fired after last season. He's been there long enough now where he is playing w/ his own recruits and that whole Russell Wilson debacle was just plain embarrassing. State could of won the ACC last year with him and instead took 2 steps back.

I'll be honest about this too, the only reason TOB wasn't fired was because of the Carolina game last year. Withers should of kept his mouth shut instead of giving State bulletin board material. But TOB has Carolina's number in FB and that's all state fans really care about.

Pretty much a rehash of other stories already published.

There may ultimately be some movement between conferences but the Big XII is a big risk. FSU and Clemson would be outside looking in when it came to deciding B12 conference issues. That may be somewhat true in the ACC but it will definately be true in the B12. Missouri just severed a 100 year relationship with Kansas to get the hell out of the B12. That conference has been unstable for years and so was its predecessor the SWC.

As more information comes out about the SEC contract negotiations and greater clarification on tier 3 rights, differences in team income may not be as big a factor as we were once led to believe. B12 estimates may also be overblown.

Since I have yet to hear any tangible information from ACC school officials, this may largely be B12 wishful thinking and sour grapes from BE homers hoping to stir the pot and exact revenge on the ACC by circulating what amounts to little more than BS from one misinformed big mouth out of FSU, who was later contradicted by his boss.

Just read a report saying the SEC will distribute $20.1mil to member schools.

I hate change

lol at the sec wanting clemson

Anybody else think there is a college football bubble right now? Its more popular than it has ever been and it is generating absurd amounts of money, but what if say 10 years from now it loses some of its popularity- how much sense does it make having Boise State play in the same conference as Rutgers?

Anybody else think there is a college football bubble right now? Its more popular than it has ever been and it is generating absurd amounts of money, but what if say 10 years from now it loses some of its popularity- how much sense does it make having Boise State play in the same conference as Rutgers?

As long as the NFL remains popular, NCAA football will be able to ride on its coat tails.

Not to mention the implementation of a playoff system will bring a new element to college football that will keep fans intrigued. I fully expect the playoff system, once implemented, to be modified until it approaches something similar to the NFL.

Andy Haggard (the guy that started all these FSU rumors) might not be chairman much longer.

This may be Andy Haggard’s last week as chairman of Florida State University’s board of trustees.

The board is scheduled to elect a chair and vice-chair during its meeting Friday at the Ringling Museum in Sarasota.

Haggard, who has led the board since March 2010 when he moved up from vice-chair following Jim Smith’s departure from the board, could run for a second term – or he could nominate someone else or simply open the floor to nominations.

Haggard said he hasn’t decided what he will do on Friday and declined to comment beyond that. He has supervised over every board meeting since Eric Barron became FSU’s president in February 2010.

Wonder if he is feeling the pressure of starting a shitstorm based on faulty information?

I, for one, wish the SEC had not even moved to 14 teams. I don't want two more.

If it does happen, I really don't see NCSU leaving the ACC. The Raleigh market would be good for the SEC, but I don't really see the Pack making that move.