g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,400 posts

Posted 30 April 2009 - 11:02 AM

I like it...

http://www.latimes.c...0,5408628.story

The girl's voice in the videotape is tiny and tentative. She is talking to a nursing aide in a Planned Parenthood clinic in Bloomington, Ind. The girl wants an abortion.

The aide explains that the girl will need a parent's consent because she is only 13.

The girl balks; she does not want to name the father.

"Cause, I mean, he would be in really big trouble," says the girl. Her boyfriend, she explains, is 31.

The aide drops her head into her hands.

"In the state of Indiana," says the aide, "when anyone has had intercourse and they are age 13 or younger . . . it has to be reported to Child Protective Services."

There is a 60-second gap in the tape, according to the running timer on the video. What happens next is meant to be explosive.

"OK," says the aide, "I didn't hear the age. I don't want to know the age. It could be reported as rape. And that's child abuse."

"So if I just say I don't know who the father was, but he's one of the guys at school or something?" asks the girl.

"Right," says the aide, who has just stepped into a carefully laid trap.

As it happens, the boyfriend does not exist. The girl is not pregnant. Nor is she 13.

She is Lila Rose, a 20-year-old UCLA history major with a little voice and a bold plan to expose what she and many abortion foes see as Planned Parenthood's wrongdoings.

Since 2006, Rose has orchestrated undercover "stings" at Planned Parenthood clinics in Los Angeles, Indianapolis, Bloomington, Tucson, Phoenix and Memphis.

More to the story...

But I wish the LATimes had not posted her picture. Good for her though to do what she's doing.

http://www.liveaction.org

#2 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

• ALL-PRO
  • 23,104 posts

Posted 30 April 2009 - 11:08 AM

why the gap?

Clearly the staffers are more interested in helping the "girl" than punishing the man and dragging her into the inevitable fracas. Good job playing on the sympathies of the clinic staffers that care about the girls that come in more than revenge.

I'm not saying it's right, but in a case like this, if I were in the staffers shoes, I would be more concerned with the girl than in the mistake she made with the man. If she had said she was raped by a 31 year old man it would have been a different story I am sure.

Another pathetic attempt to manipulate public opinion by selective editing and focusing on something other than these girls actual problems.

#3 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 18,400 posts

Posted 30 April 2009 - 11:11 AM

It's about statutory rape.

btw...what selective editing. She posts the entire videos on her website.

#4 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

• ALL-PRO
  • 23,104 posts

Posted 30 April 2009 - 11:13 AM

It's in your own post, Mr. Wizard.

There is a 60-second gap in the tape, according to the running timer on the video. What happens next is meant to be explosive.

#5 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 15,686 posts

Posted 30 April 2009 - 11:15 AM

so what is the argument here? that she should be forced to have the rapist's baby against her will?

#6 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 18,400 posts

Posted 30 April 2009 - 11:16 AM

It's in your own post, Mr. Wizard.

Read the entire article. I believe all the full videos are on the website....or still on youtube.

#7 The Link

The Link

Satire Enthusiast

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,995 posts

Posted 30 April 2009 - 11:16 AM

This is so retarded.

#8 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 18,400 posts

Posted 30 April 2009 - 11:17 AM

so what is the argument here? that she should be forced to have the rapist's baby against her will?

No. PP is supposed to report the father of the baby to Child Protective Services to begin statutory rape charges.

#9 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 15,686 posts

Posted 30 April 2009 - 11:18 AM

No. PP is supposed to report the father of the baby to Child Protective Services to begin statutory rape charges.

what does that have to do with the "anti-abortion movement" as you noted in the title?

#10 The Link

The Link

Satire Enthusiast

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,995 posts

Posted 30 April 2009 - 11:19 AM

What if the father is younger? Say the father was 12, and the mother was 13. Why would the father get in trouble? I ******* hate double standards.

#11 Murph

Murph

Joe Cool

• HUDDLER
  • 3,896 posts
  • LocationRound about here

Posted 30 April 2009 - 11:21 AM

No, she cried and sobbed her way into getting the organization to assist her in breaking the law. If there is even a hint that an adult had some kind of sexual relations with a 13 year old (willing or not), they have to be tried.

PP should have contacted the police while talking with the girl. They have to. Yes, the girl will have "betrayed" him by whatever unwritten law young people go by but the bigger picture has to be realized.

#12 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 18,400 posts

Posted 30 April 2009 - 11:24 AM

what does that have to do with the "anti-abortion movement" as you noted in the title?

Because it's targetting Planned Parenthood...don't like the "anti-abortion" label. Take it up with the LA Times. The use of the word actually reinforces my prolife stance in showing that the LA Times is liberal. They have chosen to label it as a pure anti-abortion topic when it's clear in the article it's more about Planned Parenthood abiding by state laws. Thanks for pointing that out rodeo.

#13 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 15,686 posts

yeah. it's about an employee's judgment and has nothing to do with abortion itself as implied in the article's title.

sensationalism.

#14 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 18,400 posts

What if the father is younger? Say the father was 12, and the mother was 13. Why would the father get in trouble? I ******* hate double standards.

It depends on the state.

#15 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

• ALL-PRO
  • 23,104 posts

Posted 30 April 2009 - 11:26 AM

Read the entire article. I believe all the full videos are on the website....or still on youtube.

The conversation in the uncut version is more nuanced than the edited five-minute version, and includes a staffer stating emphatically, "We have to follow the laws," and another urging Rose to tell her mother about the pregnancy.

"I should also note that every time we release footage from a new clinic," said Rose in an e-mail, "we send complete copies of the footage to various state authorities, including the attorney general."

For this story, Rose would answer questions only by e-mail. When contacted in December, she agreed to meet a reporter the next day but canceled, citing schoolwork, and refused to reschedule. She was subsequently advised by a publicist to communicate only in writing.

She did not answer a question about who funds her work, saying only that she operates "on a very low budget" and uses "mostly student volunteers." Federal tax records for Live Action Films, created in 2008, are not yet available.

Rose and O'Keefe visited their first clinic -- UCLA's Arthur Ashe Student Health and Wellness Center -- in 2006. They videotaped an employee telling them "some pretty bad things," said O'Keefe, including that the fetus is a collection of cells. "That's what set us in motion."

A fetus is a collection of cells. but thats the ignornance you get when you are

home-schooled, she wrote in an e-mail, and also attended a part-time Christian school and a junior college throughout high school. When she was 15, she said, she founded Live Action and began giving antiabortion presentations to schools and youth groups.

Between 2006 and 2008, Rose attended four workshops at the Leadership Institute, a Virginia-based educational foundation that teaches conservatives how to polish their communication skills.

In fall 2006, when she was a UCLA freshman, she and fellow conservative activist James O'Keefe came up with the idea to infiltrate clinics.

Rose, by e-mail, and O'Keefe, in a phone interview, said they were inspired by the work of Mark Crutcher, a Texas antiabortion activist who in 2002 taped fake calls to hundreds of Planned Parenthood clinics around the country featuring women posing as pregnant minors.

She's smart with this tactic, but the piss poor part about it is that clearly the workers at the clinic are siding with the girls requests not to report her "boyfriend" out of sympathy for the girl in trouble, and not out of some mission to let older men prey on girls. Fail.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com