Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Just Got A Job....

23 posts in this topic

Posted

...as a pizza delivery driver for Papa John's. I'm home from school for the summer and was looking for a way to garner some disposable income, and this is it. Have any of you guys been delivery drivers and know what to expect in terms of racking up the dough? I'm looking to make around 2-3 grand this summer. I doubt it's going to happen but I can always hope.

I get paid $7.25/hr while in the store and $5/hr while on the road, plus a percentage of the orders as a reimbursement for gas. Not to mention the ever important tips.

What should I expect?

Posted

My roommate was a delivery driver for Papa Johns in college. He made several hundred a week.

Posted

...as a pizza delivery driver for Papa John's. I'm home from school for the summer and was looking for a way to garner some disposable income, and this is it. Have any of you guys been delivery drivers and know what to expect in terms of racking up the dough? I'm looking to make around 2-3 grand this summer. I doubt it's going to happen but I can always hope.

I get paid $7.25/hr while in the store and $5/hr while on the road, plus a percentage of the orders as a reimbursement for gas. Not to mention the ever important tips.

What should I expect?

Better off going to a temp agency & getting a full time job in a factory if you want to make some cash over summer.

Posted

If you can do this, the best thing you can do is use the paycheck for bills, the percentage for gas, and put your tips away for savings. Doing that, you should be able to save up about 2 grand in a couple of months. Hopefully you are not working near a college. College kids don't tip much.

Posted

Ugh, I need to find a job, Summer job. Schools out in June.

Posted

If you can do this, the best thing you can do is use the paycheck for bills, the percentage for gas, and put your tips away for savings. Doing that, you should be able to save up about 2 grand in a couple of months. Hopefully you are not working near a college. College kids don't tip much.

Fortunately, I don't have any bills to pay other than my car insurance and gas. I have a full ride scholarship for school.

I'm not working near a college, thankfully. (Being a college kid myself, I know how cheap we can be). I'm actually working in the nicest suburb in the Memphis area. However, I've heard that rich people can sometimes be the worst tippers...

Posted

Fortunately, I don't have any bills to pay other than my car insurance and gas. I have a full ride scholarship for school.

I'm not working near a college, thankfully. (Being a college kid myself, I know how cheap we can be). I'm actually working in the nicest suburb in the Memphis area. However, I've heard that rich people can sometimes be the worst tippers...

This is true some times. But if you make sure the order is right before you leave, and if they have a phone number, call them when you are close to their house, you will get more tips. When I delivered, I used to call when I was about two minutes away. Also, if you get lost, don't be afraid to call them for directions. Better to call and ask than to show up late making excuses. Also, large orders mean parties, and usually mean bigger tips.

Posted

By the way, the TIPS make the difference. I remember when I was a driver for dominos. Got paid crap, like 5.50, + gas money. But I always made it up in tips. Be courteous and bull poo with your customers if you can for a bit. I always got really good tips. Although there was this one chick that always had the best tips. Her boobs always helped out though and she was pretty freaking hot.. I kid you not, one night she got close to $200 dollars in pure tips. The most I ever got was $90 and that's because I was hauling ass.

Posted

Well, that depends. If you are a hot girl and you show some cleavage or leg or both, and you will get good tips. :)

Seriously, it depends more on the person, and less on the amount of money they have.

Posted

Oh, and don't expect the hot girl in the towel or underwear thing to ever happen. EVER!!!

Posted

I still say get a full time job in a factory through a temp agency. They will eork eith college students. It's easy to get a 90 day assignment. I did that one summer & made over $7k. You work more bit are off every night & weekends. Friday & Saturday nights I was out on dates or partying while my friends were delivering pizza & waiting tables at restaurants.

Posted

I still say get a full time job in a factory through a temp agency. They will eork eith college students. It's easy to get a 90 day assignment. I did that one summer & made over $7k. You work more bit are off every night & weekends. Friday & Saturday nights I was out on dates or partying while my friends were delivering pizza & waiting tables at restaurants.

How might I do this? Having 2 jobs doesn't hurt...

By the way, the TIPS make the difference. I remember when I was a driver for dominos. Got paid crap, like 5.50, + gas money. But I always made it up in tips. Be courteous and bull poo with your customers if you can for a bit. I always got really good tips. Although there was this one chick that always had the best tips. Her boobs always helped out though and she was pretty freaking hot.. I kid you not, one night she got close to $200 dollars in pure tips. The most I ever got was $90 and that's because I was hauling ass.

Yeah that's what I hear - tips make or break your work put in. About the girl... well I'm a guy so that's obviously not going to work for me. However, I'm sure that when I show up with an order for a girl my age or older, I might be in luck...just gotta wear a tight undershirt that shows off the guns, hehe. (Papa John's makes you wear a collared shirt and khakis).