Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Glad you liked your tax credit (now give it back)

20 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

If you work for a company that uses the old fashioned paper form, then on line 6 of your W4, it ask for any additional amount that you want witheld. If your take home pay increased by 20 bucks, just put 20 bucks in that line (or any amount you want withheld), and they will withhold 20 in addition to what they already take out.

W4

If you are with a company that does it online, it should be similar. Somewhere there should be a line that ask if you want any additional amount withheld.

Cool. Thanks!

So that's what you did? That's very proactive... I don't know that I would even give a second thought to it

Posted · Report post

we can do ours online..tweak it every year

Posted · Report post

we can do ours online..tweak it every year

Nice. I'll have to check out if we have that capacity.

Did you change yours, pstall? Don't want that $20 to bite you in the ass!

Posted · Report post

Cool. Thanks!

So that's what you did? That's very proactive... I don't know that I would even give a second thought to it

NP.

Didn't really think about it myself until a few years ago, I started looking at it online. My wife complained about her check being to small, so I had her change to 4 dependents (there are only three of us) and had them withhold more from mine. The net effect was the same, but it made her happy, which is definitely a good thing. :)

Posted · Report post

no change on mine yet..kinda early i thought.

but the 20 wont push me into a new tax bracket

Posted · Report post

NP.

Didn't really think about it myself until a few years ago, I started looking at it online. My wife complained about her check being to small, so I had her change to 4 dependents (there are only three of us) and had them withhold more from mine. The net effect was the same, but it made her happy, which is definitely a good thing. :)

Haha... word. Whatever it takes to satiate the wifee!!

Posted · Report post

Haha... word. Whatever it takes to satiate the wifee!!

Satiate? Who are you and what have you done with Dimbee?

Posted · Report post

At least they're making interest free loans to us this go round.