Ivan The Awesome

Jordan Matthews Bandwagon.

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,024 posts
  • LocationS.L.R.C.

Posted 04 June 2012 - 09:55 PM

Didn't see this posted.

I hate to admit it. But Jamie Dukes has a point. Cam has more to prove. Gabba gabba is really SOL anyway. Dude is a bust. But Cam has to prove it's not a fluke. I honestly don't believe it was. His work ethic and demeanor speak volumes.

#2 panthers90

panthers90

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 945 posts
  • LocationFremont, CA

Posted 04 June 2012 - 10:03 PM

I don't think it's more to prove to other people that he wasn't a fluke, but more for Cam to prove to himself that he is getting better

#3 Khaki Lackey

Khaki Lackey

I keeps it real

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,896 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 10:12 PM

I think Cam will have a good season. I think we will focus on the run more, and Cam's numbers will suffer a little. It will give the haters enough ammo to say he has had a sophomore slump, but who gives a damn.

#4 SIGCHI222

SIGCHI222

the illustrious potentate

• HUDDLER
  • 3,500 posts
  • LocationShelby

Posted 04 June 2012 - 10:21 PM

IMO there is a difference between all of those that have come before Cam and after Cam. Let's call them B.C. and A.C. No one, NO ONE has ever had a rookie season like Cam B.C. QB's have had good years, even really good years but never a rookie year like H.A.M.'s. Why would a reasonable person believe that THE atypical would suddenly become typical? Why would someone with no indications of being satisfied suddenly become complacent? Why would anyone go to the Brothers of the Sun concert after being subjected to that ear bleeding torture? Why did I not follow-up with an A.C. example if I took the time to come up with the B.C./A.C. concept?

....Cam>any slump.

#5 Varking

Varking

Enigma

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 594 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 10:29 PM

Peyton Manning didn't have a Sophmore slump.
Byron Leftwich didn't have a Sophmore slump.
Mark Sanchez was much improved his second season.

All this tells us there is no such thing as a Sophmore slump. Either you get better, or you simply don't.

#6 Wither

Wither

Relatively Unknown Poster

• HUDDLER
  • 9,215 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 10:34 PM

Peyton Manning didn't have a Sophmore slump.
Byron Leftwich didn't have a Sophmore slump.
Mark Sanchez was much improved his second season.

All this tells us there is no such thing as a Sophmore slump. Either you get better, or you simply don't.

Three examples. Proven.

...noted.

#7 TruCatzFan

TruCatzFan

Phil 4:13

• HUDDLER
  • 6,470 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 04 June 2012 - 10:34 PM

Rule #1 about sophomore slumps... There are NO sophomore slumps!

#8 SIGCHI222

SIGCHI222

• HUDDLER
  • 3,500 posts
  • LocationShelby

Posted 04 June 2012 - 10:39 PM

Rule #2 about sophomore slumps...sophomore slumps ain't never dealt with Cam.

#9 ed bell

ed bell

Ruthless Riverboat Ron

• HUDDLER
  • 2,402 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 10:42 PM

The staff worked to give Cam the chance to succeed by giving him the comfort zone to perform in last year...he surpassed all of their expectations. Now they have full instillation time for the 2012 offense, and the benefit of seeing what he can handle. Cam ain't gotta prove jack...he simply has to work inside the system and get prepared. The staff has already proven that they can lay out a plan that he will thrive in.

#10 ed bell

ed bell

Ruthless Riverboat Ron

• HUDDLER
  • 2,402 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 10:45 PM

I think back to pre-season last year...he didn't look good at all....yet the plan came together and it simply clicked. Coaching lifts up the inexperienced and Cam rose above the inexperience to reach heights never seen before for a QB. He will progress.

#11 SIGCHI222

SIGCHI222

• HUDDLER
  • 3,500 posts
  • LocationShelby

Posted 04 June 2012 - 10:46 PM

The staff worked to give Cam the chance to succeed by giving him the comfort zone to perform in last year...he surpassed all of their expectations. Now they have full instillation time for the 2012 offense, and the benefit of seeing what he can handle. Cam ain't gotta prove jack...he simply has to work inside the system and get prepared. The staff has already proven that they can lay out a plan that he will thrive in.

I hope we can keep that staff/system together as long as possible because you are correct, sir.

#12 Gallagher

Gallagher

Never Doubt Davis

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,133 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA

Posted 04 June 2012 - 10:49 PM

I think what anyone talking about a sophomore slump forgets is that he's CAM NEWTON. Dude is destined for greatness.

#13 jtnc

jtnc

Resident Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • 13,082 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 04 June 2012 - 10:50 PM

Oh my god, Jamie Duke is one fuging idiot. To sell tickets? We only drafted Cam to sell tickets? and because he was from the south?
Posted Image

Chud and the coaching staff knew Cam was special, dispelled all the myths about his questioned work-ethic by the media and saw a guy who truly wanted to be great. And that he'd work hard to get their. I don't know if they knew how good Cam would be so quickly, but they knew he'd be good.

#14 SCP

SCP

Crop Dusting Son of a Bitch

• HUDDLER
  • 17,894 posts
  • LocationOn a Sales Call

Posted 04 June 2012 - 10:51 PM

I think Cam wants it too badly and works too hard for a slump. He doesn't seem like the type of dude that will rest on his stats from the year before.

#15 jtnc

jtnc

Resident Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • 13,082 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 04 June 2012 - 11:00 PM

In Richardson's interview with Charlie Rose, yes the one that caused a overreaction by the media JR telling Cam no piercings etc. Richardson said "You couldn't afford not to draft him his potential is so high, and even if he doesn't reach his full potential he would still be a good QB. So I view him as a low-risk pick" That was BEFORE the regular season started.

But Carolina didn't know what they were getting into. :rolleyes:

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Cam Newton, Carolina Panthers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.