25 replies to this topic

#1 panther4life

panther4life

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,654 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 08:24 PM

http://profootballta...d-of-the-curve/
Veteran NFL players often feel threatened by rookies, particularly when they’re high draft picks and play the same position. Among vets, there’s frequently a sense that youngsters are there to steal their jobs.
In Carolina, Jon Beason has come to grips with first-round pick Luke Kuechly’s addition to the Panthers’ linebacker corps, and is taking a more optimistic outlook on the rookie.
“I don’t know how it’s all going to unfold, but I understand the draft pick,” Beason told the Associated Press. “I understand the kid was off the charts. So you draft him and it makes your football team better.”
Beason says Kuechly is coming along quickly.
“Oh, he’s great,” Beason said. “A good young kid and very, very instinctive. Wants to get better. Knows how to prepare. Stays late. He’s a good kid and he’s going to be a great player. … He’s way ahead of the curve for rookies just in terms of his football IQ and how he prepares. He’s going to be successful right away.”

This post has been promoted to an article

#2 jayflip

jayflip

vaya con dios

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,776 posts
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 10 June 2012 - 08:29 PM

Heard the first quote, but this is my first time hearing the second part about him being instinctive and ready. This is going to be a bounce back year for our D.

I sense the opposite of 2002- great D bad O to
2003- improved O great D and Superbowl...

#3 B wood

B wood

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 295 posts
  • LocationCity of Angels

Posted 10 June 2012 - 08:31 PM

Beason could give two shits what position he plays, IMO. He knows he is the heart of the defense. He just wants to win.

#4 ladypanther

ladypanther

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 5,285 posts
  • LocationWNC

Posted 10 June 2012 - 08:44 PM

What a great leader Beason is. If he stays healthy this year, this team will surprise some people.

#5 KendrickPanther

KendrickPanther

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 7,203 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 08:46 PM

It's good to see unity on the team. Beason will fight like hell to keep his job but at the end of the day its "same team".

#6 redbuddha

redbuddha

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 995 posts
  • LocationCentral Alabama

Posted 10 June 2012 - 09:03 PM

If our special teams stops giving up touchdowns, we get back 2-3 games, if the defense is just ok we may go to superbowl.

#7 TANTRIC-NINJA

TANTRIC-NINJA

The holy ghost of Mr. Miyagi

• HUDDLER
  • 6,068 posts
  • LocationColumbia, South Kacky

Posted 10 June 2012 - 09:39 PM

Beast is a good guy and a definitive leader on the team.

I hope he realizes that Huddlers will flame him now for not wanting a DT or Coples.

#8 Gallagher

Gallagher

Never Doubt Davis

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,266 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA

Posted 10 June 2012 - 09:52 PM

He joked that he could play running back alongside DeAngelo Williams and Jonathan Stewart but that "we probably don't need me over there."

This, I would like to see.

#9 SIGCHI222

SIGCHI222

the illustrious potentate

• HUDDLER
  • 4,434 posts
  • LocationShelby

Posted 10 June 2012 - 10:03 PM

If he can give us 7 more healthy years, when Beason retires, they will retire his number. He is the class and the heart of this D, regardless of Sam, Mike or Will. And if he does stay healthy that amount of time, we will have at least 2 rings.
That's IMHO, but I am sticking to it.

#10 SIGCHI222

SIGCHI222

the illustrious potentate

• HUDDLER
  • 4,434 posts
  • LocationShelby

Posted 10 June 2012 - 10:07 PM

If our special teams stops giving up touchdowns, we get back 2-3 games, if the defense is just ok we may go to superbowl.

Agreed. The O isn't going anywhere but maybe up, Tolbert and Toe and hopefully Gettis. If the additions at ST and (please God) Beason, Edwards, Alexander, Kuech and some TD come through on D, we have no shame in hoping for it all.

#11 JawnyBlaze

JawnyBlaze

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,498 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 10:15 PM

Apparently Beason doesn't realize that Kuechly is going to get concussions all the time like Dan Morgan because he has skinny legs...

ravenmuscle says: Jun 10, 2012 10:24 PM
GUARANTEED….Kueckly is a Dan Morgan clone
He WILL get hurt. His legs are like tooth picks.

#12 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • 16,737 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 10 June 2012 - 10:17 PM

It is nice to see how supportive Beason is of Kuechly. They will make a great team. It is also nice to see that everything I said about Kuechly is being repeated by Beason who surely knows what he is talking about. I think our linebacking corps is going to be a strength again this year.

#13 Argus Plexus

Argus Plexus

Super Kami Guru

• HUDDLER
  • 5,756 posts
  • LocationCape Fear Area

Posted 10 June 2012 - 10:35 PM

I love that when people talk about our LB Corps they mention a guy who's been injured for two years but they never fail to leave out the guy that's been a tackle machine for the last two or so years (Anderson)

#14 Panther_Brotherhood

Panther_Brotherhood

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 439 posts
  • LocationBaton Rouge, LA

Posted 10 June 2012 - 10:42 PM

I love it....Anderson, Beason, Keuchly, Davis, Senn...this LB group is scary good, fast and cover a lot of ground

#15 Frizzy350

Frizzy350

• HUDDLER
  • 2,292 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 10:58 PM

Beason doesn't care where he plays, as long as the best D is being fielded. Dude already hit his big contract, everyone in the world knows how good he is... theres no reason for him to rack up extravagant amounts of tackles. He's still going to be making all the calls and adjustments pre snap, he's going to play like he normally does and he's going to be the leader.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com