Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wanderlai

Draft by year with star or very good players in top 10 picks

25 posts in this topic

Since the Bobcats have been able to draft.

2011- Irving #1

2010- Wall #1, Cousins #5

2009- Griffin #1, Harden #3, Evans #4, Rubio #5, Curry #7

2008- Rose #1, Westbrook #4, Love #5, Lopez #10

2007- Durant #2, Noah #9

2006- Aldridge #2, Roy #6, Gay #8

2005- Deron #3, CP3 #4

2004- Howard #1, Deng #7, Iguodala #9

There a reason you stopped at 08?

2008 - Rose #1, Westbrook #4, Kevin Love #5, Brook Lopez #10

2007 - Durant #2, Horford #3, Noah #9

2006 - Aldridge #2, Roy #6, Gay #8

2005 - Bogut #1, Williams #3, Paul #4, Bynum #10

2004 - Howard #1, Harris #5, Deng #7, Iguodala #9

I'd also throw in Brandon Jennings for your 2009 group and Favors, Monroe and George into your 2010 group.

The jury is still out on everyone from 2011 but there are definitely talented guys there.

Lopez is very good??? :blink:

Averages about 18 points, 8 rebounds, and 2 blocks per game over his career and has a PER around 20. Yes, that's very good.

He averaged less than four boards per game this season though. For a seven footer that's pathetic.....

I'd take Lopez any day.

Even over DJ like Brown did. Lol

So 8 drafts the Cats were in. Not one star or marketable player to show for it.

2005- refused to trade 5 and 13 for CP3

2006- went with Ammo over Roy or Gay

2007- Wright traded for Richardson. Passed on Noah

2008- DJ over Lopez

2010- no draft picks

yup. I swear I was thinking the same thing the other day about this topic also. That only if we had chose the right players, we wouldn't be in this situation.

Here's my thought:

-Ofcourse in 2004, we would stil take Emeka Okafor.

-2005 needing a PG, and not trading up for CP3, we'd still take Raymond Felton

(04'-05' having our big man and a PG)

(But now, this is where MJ should've done his hw and never fug up)

-In 2006, instead of listening to stupid Bob Johnson, he shouldve listen to Barkley and take Brandon Roy (Franchise Player)

-2007, what the Fug with the Brandan Wright pick? Take Joakim Noah!

-2008, why did we pass up on two big men in Lopez and Hibbert? but lets say that we took Brook Lopez just bc he came in as a higher prospect than Hibbert.

-2009, never knew why we passed up on Holiday for Henderson. Many mocks had us taking Holiday and I wanted Holiday. I love Duke too and every Carolina teams, but I'm not a big believer in Henderson. Say what yall want. I dont care. I dont like Henderson as much as many of you guys. Pick shouldve been Jrue Holiday.

(2009, we traded Emeka for Chandler)

(2010, we let Felton walked as a free agent, traded Tyson Chandler, and as the same time had no draft picks)

Now the 2011 lineup would've looked like this:

PG: Jrue Holiday

SG: Brandon Roy (saying he didnt retire)

SF: Klay Thompson or Kawhai Leonard

(We would never made a trade up for Biyombo at 7th and at 9th, we wouldve took Thompson or Leonard bc the trade of Wallace to Portland left a hole a the SF position.)

PF: Joakim Noah (a center but could play PF)

C : Brook Lopez

Yes it made be what some of yall may call "hindsight 20/20". And maybe if we had these guys on the roster, we wouldnt even be picking at the spot we were (lottery picks). But sometimes, we as fans has a better vision in seeing or guessing who will be a star in the making before some of these professional coaches and GMs do. Yah, yall can say its just lucky guessing and dont be stupid, or our jobs is not on the line like these guys when picking a player out of the draft, but we all as fans, and all yall knows it too, that we rather take the BPA. And these BPA that many teams keep passing up on, do become stars in the league.

Love it or hate it, suck it up. Just something I thought.

Since the Bobcats have been able to draft.

2011- Irving #1

2010- Wall #1, Cousins #5

2009- Griffin #1, Harden #3, Evans #4, Rubio #5, Curry #7

2008- Rose #1, Westbrook #4, Love #5, Lopez #10

2007- Durant #2, Noah #9

2006- Aldridge #2, Roy #6, Gay #8

2005- Deron #3, CP3 #4

2004- Howard #1, Deng #7, Iguodala #9

Would've been much more informative if you listed all of the NOBODIES who were in the Top 10s. There are a lot more of those.

• Topics

• I had always assumed she was dardaroarroar
    • elton simpson was monitored over a 9 year period (fbi claims there were breaks but at the least there were still years of monitoring) and at least $132,000 in cash was spent on one informant alone. here's the fbi's version in the immediate aftermath of the shooting:   Three hours before gunmen attacked an anti-Prophet Muhammad event in Garland, Texas on Sunday, the FBI sent a bulletin to local police with a photo of one of the shooters, Elton Simpson, noting that he was "interested in the event," FBI director James Comey said. At the time, the FBI had no reason to believe that Simpson intended to attack the event, Comey told reporters Thursday. Nor did the agency know that Simpson was already on his way there. Comey also said that he does not believe that the police officer who shot Simpson and the second gunman, Soofi Nadir, was aware of the bulletin. He went on to say that while the investigation of the Phoenix gunmen is far from complete, Comey believes the FBI acted appropriately. ..... Two weeks before the Garland event, which invited artists to draw illustrations of Muhammad, the FBI and Homeland Security warned law enforcement agencies across the country that it was at risk of being targeted by Islamic extremists. The advisory noted that supporters of ISIS and other terror groups had posted links to the contest on Twitter. Simpson was reading those posts, and communicated with an American in Somalia who'd called for attacking the event, investigators have said. The FBI then developed information that Simpson might be interested in traveling to Garland, Comey said. The Sunday bulletin followed. ..... The FBI now has hundreds of investigations of potential home grown extremists under way, with cases open in every state. "I know there are other Elton Simpsons out there," Comey said. Finding them, however, is a "very hard task," he said. Investigators can follow messages that are posted on public twitter accounts. But ISIS recruiters are steering people off Twitter into encrypted forums, which the government cannot see, Comey said. "Its the old going-dark problem, in living color," said Comey. He added: "We have hundreds working on it around the clock. But in almost every case of violence, someone saw something. A friend, a family member. Its more important than ever for people to speak up."     ^^^just a reminder for the bolded parts that a federal agent was in the car directly behind them as they opened their doors and began their short lived attack
    • Looks like it has potential. BvS was terrible. I will say the extended version was a better film but still not good. Suicide Squad was one of the worst films I've seen in a while.  That said of course I will waste my money and go see this. I hope they bring back Batman's more cunning qualities in future films. I got the sense that in BvS he was a what you see is what you get type of guy. You don't get the feeling that he has something up his sleeve at all times. Which was something Nolan/Bale had, almost Bond-esque.