Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Practice Observations

54 posts in this topic

Posted

I think Tolbert could be the most underrated FA signing in the NFL. He seems to be a very unselfish player...The more the merrier. I love the direction of our team.

Posted

Tolbert seems very similar, with a similar background to another RB in our division, Michael Turner. Turner is 5' 10" and 247, Tolbert is 5'9" and 243. Would be nice to see him add another real weapon to this offense.

TBH I hope Tolbert and Jstew take the goal line duties away from Newton. Never liked our franchise QB smashing his way for a TD.

Posted

Sad that threads in the tinderbox get more attention than something useful like this.

Posted

I dont think you can say that. I'm sure people have read this thread. Doesn't require a response really.

Posted

except turner is incredibly one dimensional. he's a powerback and not much more than that. he's not particularly good as a blocker and he sucks as a receiver.

tolbert being as big as turner is a big deal considering how many ways he can be used.

Great points.

One thing Michael Turner had when he first got to Atlanta was great speed. (Which he has since lost since they insist upon using him so much and he's taken such a beating.)

Is Tolberts speed comparable? Better? Worse? I don't honestly know.

Posted

TBH I hope Tolbert and Jstew take the goal line duties away from Newton. Never liked our franchise QB smashing his way for a TD.

I see where you're coming from, but I can't lie. Seeing Cam fly and break through 4 defenders to score is pretty amazing stuff.

Posted

For Tiger...

Tolbert is listed at 4.68 and Turner at 4.49. I would guess Turner has slowed a bit, so they are probably similar.

Posted

Great job. Joe Person ain't got nothin' on you! Ron Edwards was held out due to a hamstring.

Posted

Great job. Joe Person ain't got nothin' on you! Ron Edwards was held out due to a hamstring.

Sure it wasn't a ham sandwich?

I kid...I kid...

Posted

Regarding Tolbert vs Turner: Lots of similarities, but there's 40 speed and there's "game speed".

As far as an improved running game - and the resultant benefit of less risk to Newton - all for it. That said, you can't completely remove the threat of Newton as a runner at the goal line or you blunt the overall effectiveness.

Posted

Great points.

One thing Michael Turner had when he first got to Atlanta was great speed. (Which he has since lost since they insist upon using him so much and he's taken such a beating.)

it's always kind of confused me. the falcons could platoon their backs so easily but they don't for some reason. snelling is cut from the same cloth and is a better pass catcher to boot.

Posted

Regarding Tolbert vs Turner: Lots of similarities, but there's 40 speed and there's "game speed".

As far as an improved running game - and the resultant benefit of less risk to Newton - all for it. That said, you can't completely remove the threat of Newton as a runner at the goal line or you blunt the overall effectiveness.

Cam needs to get half a dozen TDs from inside the 5 on the ground or teams will be back to not accounting for him. Forcing 11 on 11 at the goal line is got to be a priority.