is medlock really that good? i hope so

#32 Marguide

Marguide

South of the Border

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,377 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 04:03 PM

Cutting Mare would accelerate his bonus, but it would still be a net gain this year and next. The bonus we would have to eat is more than offset by the salary savings.

There is no financial reason to keep him. If he stays, it will be because they feel he is our best option on the field.

#33 Cj72

Cj72

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 635 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 05:58 PM

the other players bust their tales just for a lame kicker to lose the game on an easy kick.....

I have to disagree with this, at least for the vikings game. There is no way the game should have come down to a last second fg attempt to tie. That game was a fail for offense, defense and the kicking game

#34 Ivan The Awesome

Ivan The Awesome

That wasn't a Penalty.

• HUDDLER
  • 9,511 posts
  • LocationS.L.R.C.

Posted 16 June 2012 - 07:00 PM

You act as if that was his only miss, it's not like those kicks probably didn't cost us game or anything. :rolleyes: Not only does his missed kicks take away to put points on the board, it brings down team morale.

Answer me this. Where there not other opportunities to win the game, aside from a field goal?

Also don't tell me you're still butt hurt about the Kasay kickoff from the Panthers Super bowl too.

#35 Argus Plexus

Argus Plexus

Super Kami Guru

• HUDDLER
  • 5,660 posts
  • LocationCape Fear Area

Posted 16 June 2012 - 10:09 PM

is medlock really that good? i hope so

Hitting field goals from the other 45?

#36 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• HUDDLER
  • 12,480 posts
  • LocationShallotte, NC

Posted 16 June 2012 - 10:12 PM

I would wager that over 50% of the kickers in the league can hit it between the uprights from the opposite side of the 50 when there is no one in front of them. The reason they can't do it in games is because their ball trajectory has to be so low that it would literally hit their lineman in the back of the head if they tried it in a real game. It takes a special kind of leg to hit anything over 55 in a game because you really have to kick the poo out of it to get enough height and distance.

#37 jtnc

jtnc

Resident Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • 13,284 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 16 June 2012 - 10:42 PM

Answer me this. Where there not other opportunities to win the game, aside from a field goal?

Also don't tell me you're still butt hurt about the Kasay kickoff from the Panthers Super bowl too.

Hmmm the Superbowl was what, 7 seasons ago? Why are you comparing 7 seasons ago to a season ago? And no. I was never mad at Kasay because he made clutch kicks during the season when called upon because that's his JOB. No one is perfect, people make mistakes, but Mare made too many. So many mistakes that it was alarming to Ron Rivera and had to sit down and talk with him.

#38 Snake

Snake

swagaholic

• HUDDLER
  • 11,423 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 11:02 PM

lol, ok. Like kickers don't miss. People will have to get over it sooner or later.

Its kinda what they are paid to do. Last time i checked no one liked a surgeon that had a few "mistakes ".

#39 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 17,186 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 16 June 2012 - 11:06 PM

Whoa

#40 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 17,186 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 16 June 2012 - 11:15 PM

I have to disagree with this, at least for the vikings game. There is no way the game should have come down to a last second fg attempt to tie. That game was a fail for offense, defense and the kicking game

Still, the offense busted their tails back to give Mare an easy kick to go OT. Which kicking is his forte, he should've finish it. If it was Kasay, he would've made that looked simple. But it's Mare. The dude clearly suck. We all knows that. Kasay was cut, and Mare was signed due to only that Kasay was old and can't kick off touchbacks anymore. I'm sure everyone on the team knows that also.

If all the team wants is a kicker who can get touchbacks and is not willing to let a kicker who they doesn't have confident in kicking from 45-50 yds, why have the guy on the team. If the stories are true about Medlock kicking from the other 45, Medlock should the guy. He sure can get touchbacks also right? We seen all season that Rivera doesn't have confident in Mare that's why we hardly sees Mare attempting any FGs.

#41 Ivan The Awesome

Ivan The Awesome

That wasn't a Penalty.

• HUDDLER
  • 9,511 posts
  • LocationS.L.R.C.

Posted 16 June 2012 - 11:25 PM

Hmmm the Superbowl was what, 7 seasons ago? Why are you comparing 7 seasons ago to a season ago? And no. I was never mad at Kasay because he made clutch kicks during the season when called upon because that's his JOB. No one is perfect, people make mistakes, but Mare made too many. So many mistakes that it was alarming to Ron Rivera and had to sit down and talk with him.

Because people love to bring it up. Just like mare, it's done, over. I hope you realize Kasay missed as many if not more kicks as Mare last year. Just saying.

#42 Ivan The Awesome

Ivan The Awesome

That wasn't a Penalty.

• HUDDLER
  • 9,511 posts
  • LocationS.L.R.C.

Posted 16 June 2012 - 11:27 PM

Its kinda what they are paid to do. Last time i checked no one liked a surgeon that had a few "mistakes ".

The comparison is a bit bleak. A surgeon may end someones life. A kicker kicks the ball through the uprights or he doesn't. One could be life and death. The other, not so much. Well depending on the fans, I've known some that would kill a person for missing a kick or four.

#43 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 17,186 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 16 June 2012 - 11:28 PM

Yah, can't really compare a KO to kicking a FG. Everytimes Kasay was to attempt a FG, we all had confidence that he was going to make it. But Mare, the whole season you can tell that Rivera did not have confidence in him. There was so many times that we choose to punt over trying to kick a FG last season.

#44 KillerKat

KillerKat

Top Banana

• HUDDLER
  • 17,304 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 11:29 PM

Because people love to bring it up. Just like mare, it's done, over. I hope you realize Kasay missed as many if not more kicks as Mare last year. Just saying.

Please don't speak out of your ass.

Kasay made as many as Mare attempted last season for a 82.4 kicking percentage to Mare's pathetic 78.6.

#45 Ivan The Awesome

Ivan The Awesome

That wasn't a Penalty.

• HUDDLER
  • 9,511 posts
  • LocationS.L.R.C.

Posted 17 June 2012 - 12:02 AM

Please don't speak out of your ass.

Kasay made as many as Mare attempted last season for a 82.4 kicking percentage to Mare's pathetic 78.6.

How about you get your facts straight, they both missed 6 fuging field goals einstien.

Mare: 22-28
Kasay: 28-34

Can you count or even read what I said in the beginning? I guess that's a no. I never said, he made as many or attempted. I said he MISSED. Learn to read dude.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.