Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sam

Darrell Green at Mini-Camp Practice

64 posts in this topic

Yet their roster is full of guys like Green. Both now and in the past.

redskins don't deserve someone of that caliber of class.

If you're talking Dan Snyder's Redskins, I'd agree.

The organization definitely isn't what it once was.

1 person likes this

You know something that struck me about this?

Green very easily could have called the team and requested to be on the field or get some other VIP treatment, but he didn't. Instead, he showed up as just one of the fans, and not even a "VIP fan". He was just out there among the masses, like any other average joe who didn't play 20 years and earn a spot in the Pro Football Hall of Fame.

I find that very cool.

Yup, thought the same thing to myself at the time... he didn't expect any special treatment.

It occurred to me however that he might have wanted to watch his son without his son knowing he was there...

If you're talking Dan Snyder's Redskins, I'd agree.

The organization definitely isn't what it once was.

Yup, JKC is rolling in his grave... it concerns me that the Panthers could end up with a twit like Synder owning the team someday.

Yup, thought the same thing to myself at the time... he didn't expect any special treatment.

It occurred to me however that he might have wanted to watch his son without his son knowing he was there...

Possible...or perhaps without distracting attention away from him.

Yet their roster is full of guys like Green. Both now and in the past.

They have some good players, but that organization is rotten to the core. Synder has successfully transformed the Skins into the Cleveland Browns.

Yet they are one of the top money making machines in sports and one of the richest sporting organizations in the world. Its not Mr Synders fault that the team hasn't had a franchise quarterback in over 20 years. People seem to forget that it was Norv Turner who wreaked this team in the 1st place and it was Jack Kent Cook who hired Turner. Gibbs had this team back on track as far as winning but the death of Sean Taylor took the wind out of his sails. No, Synder gets a bad rap but so did the Irsays before Manning and The Brown's before Dalton. You can say that about a good many owners. Find a franchise quarterback and BAM, your a good owner now.

Don't know that I'd wanna go with moneymaking as a sign of a good organization.

I mean if that's the standard, then the Dallas Cowboys must be one of the best run teams in football.

2 people like this

Yet they are one of the top money making machines in sports and one of the richest sporting organizations in the world. Its not Mr Synders fault that the team hasn't had a franchise quarterback in over 20 years. People seem to forget that it was Norv Turner who wreaked this team in the 1st place and it was Jack Kent Cook who hired Turner. Gibbs had this team back on track as far as winning but the death of Sean Taylor took the wind out of his sails. No, Synder gets a bad rap but so did the Irsays before Manning and The Brown's before Dalton. You can say that about a good many owners. Find a franchise quarterback and BAM, your a good owner now.

LOL, how's that burgundy kool-aid taste?

I couldn't begin to recount the ways Danny Synder has driven that organization into the ground...

Ever wonder what happen to that 10 year season ticket waiting list?

1 person likes this

Don't know that I'd wanna go with moneymaking as a sign of a good organization.

I mean if that's the standard, then the Dallas Cowboys must be one of the best run teams in football.

Well bottom line is... It is a business Mr Scot. People seem to forget that.