Photo
- - - - -

John Wall Arrested

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
43 replies to this topic

#31 Tweeder

Tweeder

Hark the Sound

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,286 posts

Posted 05 May 2009 - 09:01 PM

Just curious man, but if you knew that happened to Wall an hour after it happened, then why did you not post anything about it until I brought it up yesterday? That story is over a week old, and just to think that the media didn't find out about it until yesterday, makes me question how much of the stuff you say is BS or not. I am just saying dude, because you talk like you are in-the-know about John Wall, but you really dont bring anything to the table except speculation, which in my opinion are just your own theories. I am really not trying to be a dick here but, I had to point that out.

ehh having a few inside sources myself sometimes you get information you really can't go around saying anything, especially when it involves legal matter.....Probably not a good idea by his source to tell him since it did have legal issues involved

#32 Luc21

Luc21

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 06 May 2009 - 08:24 AM

Eric Bledsoe to Kentucky...done deal....I want to say that I don't believe Eric when he says he "wants to play with Wall", but several people are reporting this fact and also starting to say John Wall to Kentucky is pretty much close to being done as well.

http://www.zagsblog.com/

Why would he want to back up Wall for a year? Who knows, but Kentucky certainly looks to be stacked if all these plays out. Oh and that scholarship problem about being 2 over right now? Don't worry about that, that will work itself out and Patterson and Meeks will somehow find their way back to Lexington as well.

#33 Tweeder

Tweeder

Hark the Sound

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,286 posts

Posted 06 May 2009 - 08:26 AM

Eric Bledsoe to Kentucky...done deal....I want to say that I don't believe Eric when he says he "wants to play with Wall", but several people are reporting this fact and also starting to say John Wall to Kentucky is pretty much close to being done as well.

http://www.zagsblog.com/

Why would he want to back up Wall for a year? Who knows, but Kentucky certainly looks to be stacked if all these plays out. Oh and that scholarship problem about being 2 over right now? Don't worry about that, that will work itself out and Patterson and Meeks will somehow find their way back to Lexington as well.

They will give two people a scholarship through another sport for a year and it will be a done deal

#34 unicar15

unicar15

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,658 posts

Posted 06 May 2009 - 11:18 AM

ehh having a few inside sources myself sometimes you get information you really can't go around saying anything, especially when it involves legal matter.....Probably not a good idea by his source to tell him since it did have legal issues involved

Nail meet head...

I mean this is the most publicized recruitment in recent memory. The kid lives 15 minutes from where I live there is no way in hell I am going to say something that gets plastered all over the internet before he has a chance to defend himself. The kid is 19 and makes mistakes...this is a classic example.

Whoever wants to can question my knowledge on the situation but I'm not gonna come out and name a source. If I don't feel the situation calls for "internet message board" leaks then I'm definitely not gonna do it. Not to mention I have no reason to try and hurt this kid..he's a good kid that made a dumb decision.

Back to the Bledsoe thing...

As I said earlier...the last info that I got said that Wall was deciding between State and Kentucky. I have no more knowledge than that and obviously John is going to start wherever he goes no matter what Bledsoe does.

My theory was that Bledsoe jumped at UK because HE felt that John was backing off for some reason or another. I don't know the reason and don't claim to have any insight into this situation. That is just my theory. There is no way in my mind that Bledsoe WANTS John Wall to go to UK. They are going to have a ton of talent there and IMO if John goes to UK then Bledsoe plays 10 minutes a game max behind Meeks, Liggins, and Wall. You can't tell me a 5 star recruit with major offers to Memphis, Alabama, Cincinnati, and Florida would turn those schools down when he would start and play the majority of the minutes in order to backup another Freshmen.

Edited by unicar15, 06 May 2009 - 11:21 AM.

#35 Luc21

Luc21

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 06 May 2009 - 12:27 PM

I know Unicar, but doesnt it just have that feel to it, that Wall will still end up at Kentucky?

It really doesn't make much sense, given the fact that Bledsoe has come on so strong the last half a year and made a name for himself, to just go to Kentucky and sit behind Wall for a year(or maybe two, keep in mind Wall has said he might stay longer in college, which I don't buy though). Not to mention the fact Cal is obviously a great recruiter, he is going to bring in another top PG next year I would imagine and Bledsoe will have competition in that regard.

Still at the end of the day, I get the feeling that Wall ends up at Kentucky. This could be due to the fact that I have lost a bit of faith with recent recruits and Duke (Patterson, Boynton, etc.) although, Duke was late to this party and I think K probably did everything possible to make a run at Wall in limited time.

#36 unicar15

unicar15

• HUDDLER
  • 3,658 posts

Posted 06 May 2009 - 01:03 PM

I know Unicar, but doesnt it just have that feel to it, that Wall will still end up at Kentucky?

It really doesn't make much sense, given the fact that Bledsoe has come on so strong the last half a year and made a name for himself, to just go to Kentucky and sit behind Wall for a year(or maybe two, keep in mind Wall has said he might stay longer in college, which I don't buy though). Not to mention the fact Cal is obviously a great recruiter, he is going to bring in another top PG next year I would imagine and Bledsoe will have competition in that regard.

Still at the end of the day, I get the feeling that Wall ends up at Kentucky. This could be due to the fact that I have lost a bit of faith with recent recruits and Duke (Patterson, Boynton, etc.) although, Duke was late to this party and I think K probably did everything possible to make a run at Wall in limited time.

I think Duke recruited Wall so that they could have their name stamped on him if Carolina ever came around to offering. As crazy as that sounds I really think it was more of territorial marking in both scenarios. Neither team wanted to deal with Walls baggage that he brings along and K NEVER recruits guys like John Wall even tho some of them would go to Duke in a heartbeat. Why Wall? Why now? He has a good enough team next year to beat UNC and win another ACC championship. I think that Wall realized that with Henderson leaving, Duke is not going to be a favorite for a title. Nothing against Duke but they would essentially be replacing Henderson with Wall. I think it was a mutual disinterest after the recruitment got going with Duke and Wall.

As far as him going to UK I would say I felt ALOT stronger about him going to UK a month ago than I do now. Its hard not to think that when all the talking heads are screaming Kentucky all day on their radio show. But you have to tune those guys out because they are obviously going to pick the place where his "favorite" coach was last...

#37 Htar

Htar

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 06 May 2009 - 04:22 PM

So which Walmart did you buy your Nat Championship Shirt in?

Probably the same one you bought your Panther gear in. Maybe?

#38 carpanfan96

carpanfan96

play hard, hit harder

• ALL-PRO
  • 11,510 posts

Posted 06 May 2009 - 11:58 PM

I don't see him going to Kentucky now that they have signed Bledsoe. Who's a PG.

#39 dimbee

dimbee

Rabble Rouser

• HUDDLER
  • 7,915 posts

Posted 07 May 2009 - 12:01 AM

Fine by me

#40 carpanfan96

carpanfan96

play hard, hit harder

• ALL-PRO
  • 11,510 posts

Posted 07 May 2009 - 12:03 AM

I also think his arrest knocks him out of what ever chance there was he was going to attend UNC or DUKE, probably the same for NCST as well.

At this point I'm not quite sure where the heck this kid is going to end up....

#41 dimbee

dimbee

Rabble Rouser

• HUDDLER
  • 7,915 posts

Posted 07 May 2009 - 12:06 AM

Oh, don't rule out NCSU yet!

#42 Luc21

Luc21

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 07 May 2009 - 08:35 AM

Everything I am hearing still points toward Kentucky. Rumor is John Wall is meeting with Coach K today, however most people with sources who have known about this meeting have said it is only to thank K for the opportunity and let him know he will be going to Kentucky.

#43 carpanfan96

carpanfan96

play hard, hit harder

• ALL-PRO
  • 11,510 posts

Posted 07 May 2009 - 02:14 PM

With Bledsoe on as a recruit plus the other Recruits I don't think Kentucky has anymore Scholarships left to offer. They've already Signed 5 players this Recruiting Period and I think that puts them at their limit.

#44 unicar15

unicar15

• HUDDLER
  • 3,658 posts

Posted 07 May 2009 - 02:34 PM

With Bledsoe on as a recruit plus the other Recruits I don't think Kentucky has anymore Scholarships left to offer. They've already Signed 5 players this Recruiting Period and I think that puts them at their limit.

If John Wall signs then Meeks and Patterson MUST go pro in order for nobody else to get kicked off. Bledsoe put them over the scholarship limit if Wall signs and even one of those guys comes back. I don't see Meeks staying in the draft when he has a loaded team coming for him to play with...

Kentucky is defintely on Walls list as there is a Catspause.com article over on Rivals that says they will be one of the finalists. However, I don't know how much of it is just posturing on his part or if he is ready to leave NC to go to UK. First things first tho...the kid has to qualify and all signs right now are that he has not yet done so. There is no way to know which way this kid is leaning as his recruitment has been a whirlwind. However, a few weeks ago he referenced OJ Mayo's decision to go to USC as a spur of the moment decision where his favorite changed at the last minute. Outside of him going to Miami or Florida, nothing would shock me in his recruitment.

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com