• Please log in to reply
112 replies to this topic

#106 mav1234

mav1234

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,391 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 08:30 AM

When I spoke with a Christian about that, she claimed that a person would be called to Christ and the Bible from anywhere in the world, even if there was no missionary in the immediate vicinity.

I think she's crazy.

I like to think if there is a head honcho up there handing out salvation, he's not gonna really care whether you say he exists or not, but he's gonna care how you lived your life. Benefit for me there is that living my life well generally leads to a happier me, and a happier people around me, so what the hell...

#107 Matthias

Matthias

• HUDDLER
  • 3,240 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 10:44 AM

Seems like a cop out to say "he's just too powerful." I tend to think there are many, many ways God could very easily convert pretty much the entire planet instantly without vaporizing the planet because he's more powerful than a sun or whatever.

I know I say this a lot, but if the Christian God exists, there was one time where He did visit us and had daily fellowship with us. (Us meaning Adam and Eve) Yet, everything changed when corruption came in. That is why we die and so forth. Now there is no question God has the power to do anything He wants, but it is said that God hold His word above His own name. So He will not do anything, that breaks His word. There are consequences with sin, and one of them is that it cannot stand in the presence of God. For God to change that consequence, is crossing the line about what God said about sin. So God reveals Himself in another way, what I call "cloaked forms". Ultimately revealing Himself in the Man Jesus.

Now, Jesus is in Heaven. So how does God reveal Himself today? Through those who believe on Him, who trusts Him as their Lord and Savior. As the Bible says, that many signs will follow those that believe. Unfortunately however, not many Christians trust God to this point, and a lot of Jesus' teachings have been fuzzed through time. Since it is God who is working the miracles through us to confirm the gospel, He's not going to confirm anything that is not His gospel. I think I mentioned before how most people with religion try by their own efforts to please God, through their effort. If it's our effort, that is what you will see, man's effort and not God's. Most people's idea of Christianity is going to church and obeying a certain set of rules, and you will get to Heaven. Jesus is thrown around in there, but it is mainly about living a good life and that will get you in God's graces. Most people say if you live a good life, that is your ticket to Heaven. People still even throw in the Ten Commandments, the one thing that utterly condemns us to Hell. God is not going to confirm that message at all. There's only two ways God will be pleased with us, again if the Christian God exists. One, we live a perfect life, not messing up once. Two, we receive God's perfection, through what He's done for us in Jesus. So it's that Jesus' conscious person that God will confirm His existence through.

All of this is theoretical stuff, but I have good reason to believe it's true. I wish to present an abundant amount of evidence one day for everyone to see. In the meantime I'm still looking into these things.

Matthais,

Not likely to head back to church anytime soon but I have enjoyed reading your responses. You seem pretty reasonable for a believer and I mean that as a complement.

Thanks! I want to mention something interesting here that everyone probably already can tell from my posts. I'm a literal creationist, but not an unreasonable one. I believe the universe is younger than the accepted understanding, but there is currently no direct observable evidence to support a young universe nor earth. Unlike many, I have respect for what guys like Ken Ham and others like him try to accomplish, but they don't do any kind of real research. Their main objective is to show how Genesis is meant to be taken literally, but that does nothing for guys like me. No, I'm more of a creationist like Raymond Damadian and Ben Carson. (Of course these two guys are in the medical field, and they do not actively pursue study in creation studies. I just have mad respect for their integrity) I have a personal dream to go well beyond Einstein's achievements and break down a lot of walls science have hit. If a guy like me do accomplish that, then people will know that God does exist. (Yet knowing God exists means nothing in itself)

#108 Cat

Cat

Terminally bored

• HUDDLER
  • 8,078 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 11:14 AM

When I spoke with a Christian about that, she claimed that a person would be called to Christ and the Bible from anywhere in the world, even if there was no missionary in the immediate vicinity.

I think she's crazy.

I like to think if there is a head honcho up there handing out salvation, he's not gonna really care whether you say he exists or not, but he's gonna care how you lived your life. Benefit for me there is that living my life well generally leads to a happier me, and a happier people around me, so what the hell...

My thoughts as well. Belief in somethings existence is a pretty silly qualifier.

#109 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 18,075 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 11 July 2012 - 11:24 AM

yeah like i've posted the disproportionate incarceration rates, poverty rates, incomes, etc on here repeatedly. he doesn't want to be able to "point it out"; he wants to make a broad statement about "black culture" or what the fug ever. because sylvianlight is a racist.

Par for the course....

Start a thread on ANY topic....and Cantrell will turn it into a debate on the inequalities of African Americans.

#110 CRA

CRA

• Moderators
  • 23,911 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 01:20 PM

I believe in God.

I question many things about mine and other religions though

#111 beach

beach

|~~~~|

• HUDDLER
  • 8,704 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 01:24 PM

I believe in god because I am god just like you, your dog and dolphins

#112 Bronn

Bronn

Sellsword

• HUDDLER
  • 4,650 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 07:27 PM

tha fug you know about my dolphins?

#113 cantrell

cantrell

secular progressive bogeyman

• HUDDLER
  • 4,447 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 05:00 PM

If someone were to point out the disproportionate number of blacks in prison they'd be called a racist. But to point out the number of religious people in prison is considered a valid argument by the same who consider looking at ethnicity of prisoners as racist.

Interesting logic.

Also there are exponentially more men in prison than women.

Perhaps we should exterminate everyone except for white and east Asian women who are atheists.

I'm sure none of this has anything to do with poverty.

You seem to literally never think of anything but black people

yeah like i've posted the disproportionate incarceration rates, poverty rates, incomes, etc on here repeatedly. he doesn't want to be able to "point it out"; he wants to make a broad statement about "black culture" or what the fug ever. because sylvianlight is a racist.

Par for the course....

Start a thread on ANY topic....and Cantrell will turn it into a debate on the inequalities of African Americans.

clearly i am at fault for bringing up "the disproportionate number of blacks in prison." you see, sylvianlight travelled to the future and saw that i would post about it, went back to the present, and chose to beat me to the punch

or maybe you're just fuging stupid

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.