41 replies to this topic

#16 KendrickPanther

KendrickPanther

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,627 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 09:37 PM

I'm kind of upset he only suspended Saints* players. Surely they could dig up some dirt on the Falcons.

#17 SIGCHI222

SIGCHI222

the illustrious potentate

• HUDDLER
  • 4,158 posts
  • LocationShelby

Posted 25 June 2012 - 10:28 PM

I am with you, but stand strong against who? Himself? He is a Czar. He reports to no one. And reports say he sleeps like a baby.

#18 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 18,329 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 08:23 AM

I cringed everytime I heard Fujita passing off his bs on the radio about how he played with honor and integrity. Really dude? Someone needs to clip in the side of his knee and give him a bonzai bow.

#19 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,734 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 09:23 AM

I am with you, but stand strong against who? Himself? He is a Czar. He reports to no one. And reports say he sleeps like a baby.

he should. he's not the one giving people extra cash to go out and take cheap shots and late hits so that you could injure someone out of a game. he's helping to keep that out of the game.

he's done a good thing. why shouldn't he sleep?

#20 Razeyfingers

Razeyfingers

• HUDDLER
  • 3,466 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 09:46 AM

Negative, he reports to the people who pay is salary. The fans and the media. If either of those two factions turn on Goodell he would be fugged. Thats not going to happen, but you kind of asked.

#21 GotSwag?

GotSwag?

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 783 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 09:56 AM

• Hilarious what the Saints* are saying right now. Its obvious what they did and now they are crying about it. If the commish lightens up on the punishment, it will only show the rest of the league that if you cry enough, you will get what you want.

#22 brainless wuss

brainless wuss

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 10:09 AM

Also, it wasn't just the bounty system. They were warned/alerted about the investigation and continued anyway. And they lied/concealed the program to the commissioner.

#23 rayzor

rayzor

• Moderators
  • -29,734 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 11:09 AM

Also, it wasn't just the bounty system. They were warned/alerted about the investigation and continued anyway. And they lied/concealed the program to the commissioner.

absolutely true.

the punishment wouldn't have been so severe had they stopped when they were told and if they hadn't lied about it.

they dug their own grave and now they are whining about it.

it's just amazing to me that they've suckered in so many bleeding hearts to back them up.

suckers.

#24 GotSwag?

GotSwag?

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 783 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 11:44 AM

Drew Brees continues to say there is no hard evidence in this whole bounty issue.

Note to Drew - shut up

#25 philw5289

philw5289

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,301 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 11:53 AM

amen OP

#26 Frizzy350

Frizzy350

• HUDDLER
  • 2,129 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 11:57 AM

Negative, he reports to the people who pay is salary. The fans and the media. If either of those two factions turn on Goodell he would be fugged. Thats not going to happen, but you kind of asked.

The owners and players union also unanimously vote him in. Despite what the NFLPA is doing now in trying to protect Vilma and company, MOST players don't want bounty programs in the NFL. Who the hell wants their multimillion dollar career ended for a stupid bounty worth a couple thousand dollars?

#27 pantherclaw

pantherclaw

Wise Ass

• HUDDLER
  • 6,530 posts
  • LocationGalveston

Posted 26 June 2012 - 02:00 PM

people were saying all along that the punishments were going to be a statement and the Saints*** made an example of for anyone even thinking about doing this in the future?

are they over-zealous? maybe, but considering the magnitude of it all and the steps they have been taking to try and curb serious brain traumas and the dealings that they have had legally with players who are suing the league because of long term effects from injuries....it makes sense that they be as heavy handed as they are.

it's necessary to help achieve what they are trying to accomplish.

i'm not going to judge them for trying to protect players and the league from unnecessary harm. i 100% approve of what they have done and i think it will have the desired effect of helping stop that type of activity in the future. it will still go on, i'm sure...but we shouldn't be seeing anymore of it organized the way it was.

if i was in their (the league's) shoes, i would absolutely have done the same thing.

if anything the players that aren't indicted in all of this should be applauding the league and goodell for taking it so seriously and the NFLPA should be totally on board with the punishments if they are serious about the health and welfare of the majority of those players they represent.

I agree completely.

will also add that if the Saints* had stopped it all when the NFL first asked them to, then I probably would feel different.
They were asked to stop, they didn't. I'm honestly surprised there weren't more suspenions, for other coaches and players.

I really don't care if the NFL releases enough evidence for others to support their position or not. the NFL doesn't need public approval for what they are doing.

If the NFL was that worried about public approval, they'd fix the atrocious officiating.
Lol

#28 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 37,573 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 26 June 2012 - 04:23 PM

If this blurb from The Unmentionable Site means anything, I'd say there's a pretty good chance Goodell will be doing just what the thread is asking of him.

League reiterates belief that bounty evidence is “overwhelming”

#29 Matthias

Matthias

• HUDDLER
  • 3,332 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 04:42 PM

Isn't it true that these players still claim there was no bounty program? If not, we definitely know that they did in the beginning, even when the mastermind behind the program apologized for it. So they are already down for having lied about the program, yet they cry fowl for the punishments Goodell has brought upon them. Saying it's a smear campaign. I think these players should have some dignity, and serve their time. Get it over with, because crying over it is doing even more harm to their reputation. It's proven the program happened, own up.

#30 rayzor

rayzor

• Moderators
  • -29,734 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 04:45 PM

Isn't it true that these players still claim there was no bounty program? If not, we definitely know that they did in the beginning, even when the mastermind behind the program apologized for it. So they are already down for having lied about the program, yet they cry fowl for the punishments Goodell has brought upon them. Saying it's a smear campaign. I think these players should have some dignity, and serve their time. Get it over with, because crying over it is doing even more harm to their reputation. It's proven the program happened, own up.

this is one of the head scratchers for me.

how dumb can they be? apologize for it and then deny it happened? lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.