Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cam Newton one of NFC's most Overrated Players

113 posts in this topic

Posted

woah wait a minute guys the only good throws in the NFL are the ones that are 105% perfect and on the money...nothing else is acceptable....

no way that giving ur player a chance to make a play is a good throw..NO SHOT!! it has to be perfection all the time!

Posted

Hey gaiz. I write abouts foosball on teh interwebz. My opinion is differents.

2 people like this

Posted

really i was surprised to see the number of touch passes he hit even.

i figured going in to the season that he would be downright fugly on anything inside 10 yards too. shows how much work he put in.

Posted

It's KC Joyner. He has admitted he doesn't watch film, and doesn't even like football all that much. He's a nerd mathmetician that sold ESPN on the idea that he was the Bill James of football, but a lot of analysts think he's a stat-massaging fraud.

Joyner also said he wouldn't take Cam in thefirst round last year. His credibility is nil.

1 person likes this

Posted

because i actually watched the games

deep pass to lafell vs. Washington

Just about every throw to Smith vs. Chicago

floater to olsen vs. green bay

theres a few more....i mean how much more "touch" do you want? I'll take the play making ability and the rocket arm and the occasional touch pass

You watching all the games makes Newton a touch passer? Your first set of examples were bad throws, LaFell with Washington and Olsen with Green Bay are better. Even with these throws he is still inaccurate because he does not keep his feet under him. Since you watched ALL the games go back and look at what I am talking about.

Posted

Joyner also said he wouldn't take Cam in thefirst round last year. His credibility is nil.

Outside of Rivera and Hurney Newton did not have many fans in the NFL.

Posted

it's not just the lockout part....Cam had a new coach, a new OC, and plays the harded position in football.

lol at that article..what Cam did was amazing

1 person likes this

Posted

You watching all the games makes Newton a touch passer? Your first set of examples were bad throws, LaFell with Washington and Olsen with Green Bay are better. Even with these throws he is still inaccurate because he does not keep his feet under him. Since you watched ALL the games go back and look at what I am talking about.

"stoner420" maybe when the smoke clears you'll be able to see my point

you claimed that he needs to work on his touch and accuracy...i say thats nonsense.. he made plenty of soft accurate passes. He doesnt keep his feet under him? i forgot that in every situation in the nfl you are required to use perfect mechanics and form. NO WAY you can improvise and just be an athlete to get the job done. His footwork is excellent "in the eye of the storm"...coming from a former QB in the NFL. Your point of view is blurred/hazy/incorrect. Not many fans in the NFL???? what planet are you living on?

Hatorade for stoner420

Posted

ESPN trolling.

Posted

if Cam Newton is one of the most overrated, Chris Gamble's season last year was one of the most vastly underrated. yes I am still very bitter.

1 person likes this

Posted

KC Joyner article written in August of 2009:

When one looks at a single postseason game, it might make sense to ditch Delhomme and go in another direction. When the entirety of the circumstances and metrics are taken into account, it is quite easy to see why Panthers management stuck by Delhomme. He’s not just the best quarterback they have – he is still one of the best quarterbacks in the league.

http://fifthdown.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/08/20/in-defense-of-delhomme/

Posted

I bet you if you ask the guy for a more accurate rookie he would say Dalton, oblivious that Cam had a better completion %.