Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kman72

joe johnson traded to nets

28 posts in this topic

he is from atlanta, and close friends with josh smith, not out of the question... going home is enticing to anybody and he is a superstar, the sponsorships will be there no matter where he plays

i would still say its a long shot though

Joe Johnson and Gerald Wallace aren't a bad start. Nets are heading in the right direction.

The Nets have $128 million dollars on the books in the next 4 years for just Wallace and Johnson, who are 29 and 31 respectively.

Its a ballsy move, if they dont get Dwight they are sh*t out of luck

If money didn't matter, a team of Johnson, Williams, Wallace, and Howard would ROCK. I'll never stop being a Panthers fan even though I've moved from Charlotte. But just as I dropped the Hornets for the Bobcats, I'm dropping the Bobcats for the Nets. Hopefully they get better. Don't think the 'Cats ever will.

If Deron Williams re-signs with the Nets, Dwight Howard will not go to Brooklyn because the Nets can't afford him anymore. Howard screwed himself when he opted in his contract back in March.

Oh and lol @ whoever said the Hawks are/were a top 5 team in the NBA. Maybe in the Eastern Conference but not in the NBA.

Hawks are fools if they think they're gonna get Dwight to sign an extension with them. They can clear cap space all they want, he's not coming.

He's going to the Nets, the Magic have already started caving. I expect the deal to be done by this time tomorrow....

Its somethin fishy bout how Lopez is cooperating and helping the Nets with that. He's a FA but has to agree to a sign and trade for the deal to go thru. He has nothing to gain by doing that, so it looks suspect. How can they afford Howard, D Will, Wallace, and Deron under the new CBA?

a team of Deron Williams, Joe Johnson, Dwight Howard, and G-Force would be pretty nasty, but they still have to go through the Heat and Lebron seems to be just tapping into his peak

Yeah that potential New Jersey starting lineup is nasty good but they will have zero room to sign any backups worth a damn. A strong bench is needed for playoff runs.