Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Antawn Jamison to visit

96 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

I think we all saw this coming and expect him to sign

[u][color="#0084b4"][b]Marc J. Spears[/b] ‏[/color][s][color="#66b5d2"]@[/color][/s][b][color="#0084b4"]SpearsNBAYahoo[/color][/b] [/u]
Bobcats intrigued by Jamison's versatile game and that he is a Charlotte native who played at North Carolina. Bobcats could use a local draw.

[u][color="#0084b4"][b]Adrian Wojnarowski[/b] ‏[/color][s][color="#66b5d2"]@[/color][/s][b][color="#0084b4"]WojYahooNBA[/color][/b] [/u]
RT [url="https://twitter.com/#!/SpearsNBAYahoo"][s][color="#66b5d2"]@[/color][/s][b][color="#0084b4"]SpearsNBAYahoo[/color][/b][/url]: Free agent Antawn Jamison, an ex-North Carolina star, will visit the Charlotte Bobcats on Thursday, source tells Y!

Posted · Report post

I would love for him to end his career here. Great mentor who can still play at a high level. Maybe he can smack Tyrus around a little bit and teach him a thing or two about being a professional.

Posted · Report post

In an ideal world, we could land him, Hickson, and a decent center

In reality only one of those will likely happen

Posted · Report post

this would be a good signing.

Posted · Report post

I have always been a big fan of Jamison since his days here at Providence High School and at UNC. I just wonder how much is left in the tank. I believe he is heading into his 15th season.

Posted · Report post

a jamison, hickson, mahimi pu pu platter would be far more interesting than any of those players on their own.

ideally we get ersan ilyasova, but i dont think that is going to happen. he does fill 3 of our biggest needs, 1) 3 pt shoorting, 2) rebounding, especially offensive, 3) power forward.

Id be super happy with ersan + mahimi. Hawes would be nice, but I doubt that happens.

jamsion is ideally suited to play 15-20 a night. I just hope we dont intend to have him playing 30 min.

Posted · Report post

yeah ilyasova would be great but hes gonna get overpaid severely.

Posted · Report post

If we could sign him and JJ Hickson that would be a good off season for me.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Chaos' timestamp='1341331087' post='1817605']
I have always been a big fan of Jamison since his days here at Providence High School and at UNC. I just wonder how much is left in the tank. I believe he is heading into his 15th season.
[/quote]

If nothing else, he is a veteran presence who will give you some nice versatility off the bench. Besides, he WANTS to be here.

Posted · Report post

If we signed Jamison, I doubt we would sign Hickson due to the fact that they both play the same position.

Either one would be a good pick-up for the Bobcats, but I think Jamison is the more likely of the two to sign in Charlotte.

A roster of

PG: D.J. Augustin, Kemba Walker
SG: Ben Gordon, Gerald Henderson, Reggie Williams, Matt Carroll
SF: Michael Kidd-Gilchrist, Derrick Brown, Jeff Taylor
PF: Antawn Jamison, Bismack Biyombo, Tyrus Thomas
C: Byron Mullens, DeSagana Diop

would be a significant upgrade over last years roster...

If we could just sign a starting caliber center.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='cbarrier90' timestamp='1341335718' post='1817658']
If nothing else, he is a veteran presence who will give you some nice versatility off the bench. Besides, he WANTS to be here.
[/quote]

Jamison averaged 17 and six last year. I would start him over Biz in a heartbeat.

Posted · Report post

neither mullens nor diop are currently rotation caliber players at the moment, though Mullens does have the ability to improve (by extending his shot to 3 pt range, for instance). thus if we get a guy like jamison and no center it likely means biz is playing center mostly next year. if tyrus returns to anywhere near the form he played at 2 years ago he will start alongside biz- over jamison. That a big if, but 2 years ago he was better than biz, jamison, mullens, etc are likely to be next year.

With jamison, you have to realize that his 16-17 points last year were very inefficient points, and while given 30+ min of playing time a night. Plus he is particularly terrible on defense. At anything more than 3 mil a year and a gunner bench role, its a waste of salary and roster space.