#1 GotSwag?

GotSwag?

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 788 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 09:55 AM

I think we all saw this coming and expect him to sign

Marc J. Spears@SpearsNBAYahoo
Bobcats intrigued by Jamison's versatile game and that he is a Charlotte native who played at North Carolina. Bobcats could use a local draw.

Adrian Wojnarowski@WojYahooNBA
RT @SpearsNBAYahoo: Free agent Antawn Jamison, an ex-North Carolina star, will visit the Charlotte Bobcats on Thursday, source tells Y!

#2 Black

Black

Don't Make Me Get Money and Platinumize My Body

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,676 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 03 July 2012 - 10:08 AM

I would love for him to end his career here. Great mentor who can still play at a high level. Maybe he can smack Tyrus around a little bit and teach him a thing or two about being a professional.

#3 SOJA

SOJA

Official Panthers Fan

• HUDDLER
  • 10,227 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 10:11 AM

In an ideal world, we could land him, Hickson, and a decent center

In reality only one of those will likely happen

#4 God

God

Attitude

• HUDDLER
  • 4,914 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 10:46 AM

this would be a good signing.

#5 Chaos

Chaos

@chaos_cltsports

• ALL-PRO
  • 9,586 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 10:58 AM

I have always been a big fan of Jamison since his days here at Providence High School and at UNC. I just wonder how much is left in the tank. I believe he is heading into his 15th season.

#6 Man Strength

Man Strength

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 207 posts
  • LocationNYC

Posted 03 July 2012 - 11:01 AM

a jamison, hickson, mahimi pu pu platter would be far more interesting than any of those players on their own.

ideally we get ersan ilyasova, but i dont think that is going to happen. he does fill 3 of our biggest needs, 1) 3 pt shoorting, 2) rebounding, especially offensive, 3) power forward.

Id be super happy with ersan + mahimi. Hawes would be nice, but I doubt that happens.

jamsion is ideally suited to play 15-20 a night. I just hope we dont intend to have him playing 30 min.

#7 God

God

Attitude

• HUDDLER
  • 4,914 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 11:23 AM

yeah ilyasova would be great but hes gonna get overpaid severely.

#8 cavic7585

cavic7585

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,127 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 11:39 AM

If we could sign him and JJ Hickson that would be a good off season for me.

#9 cbarrier90

cbarrier90

• HUDDLER
  • 2,075 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 12:15 PM

I have always been a big fan of Jamison since his days here at Providence High School and at UNC. I just wonder how much is left in the tank. I believe he is heading into his 15th season.

If nothing else, he is a veteran presence who will give you some nice versatility off the bench. Besides, he WANTS to be here.

#10 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 25,352 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina/Virginia

Posted 03 July 2012 - 12:19 PM

If we signed Jamison, I doubt we would sign Hickson due to the fact that they both play the same position.

Either one would be a good pick-up for the Bobcats, but I think Jamison is the more likely of the two to sign in Charlotte.

A roster of

PG: D.J. Augustin, Kemba Walker
SG: Ben Gordon, Gerald Henderson, Reggie Williams, Matt Carroll
SF: Michael Kidd-Gilchrist, Derrick Brown, Jeff Taylor
PF: Antawn Jamison, Bismack Biyombo, Tyrus Thomas
C: Byron Mullens, DeSagana Diop

would be a significant upgrade over last years roster...

If we could just sign a starting caliber center.

#11 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 25,352 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 12:20 PM

If nothing else, he is a veteran presence who will give you some nice versatility off the bench. Besides, he WANTS to be here.

Jamison averaged 17 and six last year. I would start him over Biz in a heartbeat.

#12 Man Strength

Man Strength

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 207 posts
  • LocationNYC

Posted 03 July 2012 - 12:37 PM

neither mullens nor diop are currently rotation caliber players at the moment, though Mullens does have the ability to improve (by extending his shot to 3 pt range, for instance). thus if we get a guy like jamison and no center it likely means biz is playing center mostly next year. if tyrus returns to anywhere near the form he played at 2 years ago he will start alongside biz- over jamison. That a big if, but 2 years ago he was better than biz, jamison, mullens, etc are likely to be next year.

With jamison, you have to realize that his 16-17 points last year were very inefficient points, and while given 30+ min of playing time a night. Plus he is particularly terrible on defense. At anything more than 3 mil a year and a gunner bench role, its a waste of salary and roster space.

#13 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 25,352 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 12:48 PM

He was a starter, how are those inefficient points?

Without his 17 points night in and night out, the Cavs don't win some of the games they won last year.

Also Biz can't play center!!!

#14 cdandi1

cdandi1

Formerly JerryRich4Pres

• HUDDLER
  • 2,711 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 03 July 2012 - 01:07 PM

neither mullens nor diop are currently rotation caliber players at the moment, though Mullens does have the ability to improve (by extending his shot to 3 pt range, for instance). thus if we get a guy like jamison and no center it likely means biz is playing center mostly next year. if tyrus returns to anywhere near the form he played at 2 years ago he will start alongside biz- over jamison. That a big if, but 2 years ago he was better than biz, jamison, mullens, etc are likely to be next year.

With jamison, you have to realize that his 16-17 points last year were very inefficient points, and while given 30+ min of playing time a night. Plus he is particularly terrible on defense. At anything more than 3 mil a year and a gunner bench role, its a waste of salary and roster space.

this.

#15 Man Strength

Man Strength

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 207 posts
  • LocationNYC

Posted 03 July 2012 - 01:22 PM

He was a starter, how are those inefficient points?

Without his 17 points night in and night out, the Cavs don't win some of the games they won last year.

Also Biz can't play center!!!

so....his points were efficient because he started?

let me explain, he takes a lot of shots at a very low shooting % and doesnt go to the free throw line enough to even that out. His game has dropped off dramatically the past two seasons.

here are some stats for you to read before saying comments similar to the above

http://www.basketbal.../jamisan01.html

jamison's shooting %s last year: fg:40%, 3pt: 34% , ft:68% - on 16 shooting attempts a game. His True Shooting % was 48% - anything under 50% is really really bad for a power forward.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users