Posted 06 July 2012 - 05:58 AM
Here are a few tips for those that have not been to training camp before...
1. Yes, practices and parking are free. A schedule of the practices can be found here.
2. You will notice many evening practices this year, but the sun will still be brutal. Shade is at a premium on the hill that overlooks the practice field, get there early if you need to stay cooler.
3. Autographs are signed at the fence that is closest to the facilities. Players typically take the field about 30 minutes prior to the scheduled practice time. Children typically get first dibs on autographs, as it should be.
4. When you arrive, notice where the large lifts are with the video equipment on top. They are there to film the main practices. Whichever field they are pointing at will be the place where some of the best action of the day takes place.
5. The Beacon is a famous place to eat in Spartanburg, but from personal experience, be sure a restroom is near by. The Pizza Inn in Spartanburg is actually a 1980's time warp, the 3 inch skin on the pudding proves it.
6. Bring your camera! Pictures can be taken during practices.
Click here to view the article
Posted 06 July 2012 - 07:01 AM
Posted 06 July 2012 - 08:40 AM
Posted 06 July 2012 - 08:53 AM
Posted 06 July 2012 - 11:49 AM
Saturday, July 28
Panthers Kickoff 2012 Party
4:30-6:30 p.m. and 8:30-9:30 p.m.
The event will feature the second annual Mayor’s Ball Run, with participation from all 14 of Spartanburg’s municipalities; performances by the Panthers’ TopCat cheerleaders and mascot Sir Purr; live music from the popular Back Nine band; along with face painting, door prizes and much more. Spartanburg Mayor Junie White will kick off training camp officially at 6:30 p.m. from the stage.
Admission is free!
Sunday, July 29:
Play 60 Day
Intramural field, across from practice fields
Eight youth football stations, three inflatables, TopCats, Sir Purr and more.
Panther Pals will be held at each advertised practice Monday through Friday (July 30-Aug. 3 and Aug. 6-10) and Monday-Tuesday (Aug. 13-14) (subject to change or cancellation without notice). Kids ages 6-13 register free outside the gate. Five are selected to watch part of practice from a special field-level area, then meet players and get autographs.
“T-Shirt Tuesdays” – with free T-shirts thrown out to fans by players – will be held after practices on July 31 and Aug. 7 and 14.
Posted 06 July 2012 - 11:53 AM
DO bring folding chairs, golf stools, blankets or towels to sit on
DO wear and bring plenty of sunscreen and bug spray
DO bring autographable items AND Sharpies
DO wear hats or visors
DON'T bring coolers (you may take in drinks, etc., but not coolers)
DON'T bring alcoholic beverages
DON'T bring pets (not even leashed)
DON'T bring video cameras
Posted 06 July 2012 - 03:32 PM
Posted 06 July 2012 - 05:42 PM
Posted 06 July 2012 - 07:42 PM
Will any of the big names be signing autographs? I know Smitty usually doesn't but how are the others with this? And what day/days would be best if I wanted some?
Smitty signs a ton. All the big names do.