Photo
- - - - -

Cam will start TC on Monday with the Rookies....

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#16 JPPT1974

JPPT1974

St Patty's Day!

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 187 posts
  • LocationSeymour TN

Posted 22 July 2012 - 04:23 PM

Seems as though Cam is taking his role of leader on the Panthers very seriously and hope so for many more years to come.

#17 AggieLean.

AggieLean.

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,507 posts
  • LocationChattanooga, TN via Winston-Salem, NC

Posted 22 July 2012 - 05:33 PM

Glad to hear that both Cam and Big Money will be there with the rookies. Both sides of the ball will be represented by two guys who we need to have big years.

#18 Marguide

Marguide

South of the Border

• HUDDLER
  • 5,684 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 05:42 PM

I am so proud to have Cam as our QB. Not many young guys with his celebrity would do this.

I'm also very impressed that CJ is stepping up.

Rivera should be a very happy man.

#19 PhillyB

PhillyB

that jungle football

• ALL-PRO
  • 21,151 posts
  • Locationthird spur east of the sun

Posted 22 July 2012 - 06:15 PM

i wonder if he'll jog up the hill

#20 jtnc

jtnc

Resident Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • 13,513 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 06:36 PM

They might as well go ahead and name Cam Newton a team captain.

#21 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • 16,963 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 22 July 2012 - 06:56 PM

Good for Cam but all three of the quarterbacks will be there from what I can tell, so why don't they get some acknowledgement as well.

Who was going to throw them the ball otherwise???

#22 jtnc

jtnc

Resident Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • 13,513 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 07:01 PM

Good for Cam but all three of the quarterbacks will be there from what I can tell, so why don't they get some acknowledgement as well.

Who was going to throw them the ball otherwise???

Because they aren't the starting QB? :huh:

#23 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • 16,963 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 22 July 2012 - 07:11 PM

Because they aren't the starting QB? :huh:

Why would that matter?? We assume that he will start because of his skill level but if Clausen played amazingly and Cam was awful it is not beyond the unthinkable that he could lose his job. Plus Clausen is one injury away from starting. Nothing is a guarantee.

#24 DaCityKats

DaCityKats

feed KB 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 8,644 posts
  • LocationDa City

Posted 22 July 2012 - 07:12 PM

Aggie pie for the sig. but i think CJ and other players that did not participate in OTA's and mini camp because of injuries will be attending.

The Panthers’ first-year players and selected veterans will get a jump on training camp this week with a three-day rookie camp that starts Monday at the team’s Charlotte practice facility.
Cam Newton, the NFL Rookie of the Year in 2011, and the other quarterbacks will participate in the pre-training camp sessions to get their timing down with the Panthers’ new receivers.
A number of players who did not practice during organized team activities (OTAs) and minicamp due to injury also will attend the rookie camp.
“That’ll give us a chance to get those guys a little more acclimated because they really didn’t get a chance to participate in minicamp,” Panthers coach Ron Rivera said. “It’ll give us a chance to see where they all are. Hopefully, they’re all 100 percent.”
Right tackle Jeff Otah (knee), defensive tackles Terrell McClain (knee) and Ron Edwards (hamstring), defensive end Charles Johnson (knee) and linebacker Thomas Davis (knee) were among the players who missed minicamp.
Rivera did not say which of the injured players would be available.
Defensive tackle Andre Neblett, suspended for the first four regular-season games for violating the league’s policy on performance-enhancing substances, will take part in the rookie camp, Rivera said.

Read more here: http://www.charlotte...l#storylink=cpy

Read more here: http://www.charlotte...l#storylink=cpy

#25 DaCityKats

DaCityKats

feed KB 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 8,644 posts
  • LocationDa City

Posted 22 July 2012 - 07:14 PM

Why would that matter?? We assume that he will start because of his skill level but if Clausen played amazingly and Cam was awful it is not beyond the unthinkable that he could lose his job. Plus Clausen is one injury away from starting. Nothing is a guarantee.

you think our starting QB can lose his job because of a bad off season?

#26 PantherPhann89

PantherPhann89

CPP "Carolina Panther Phann"

• HUDDLER
  • 3,332 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 22 July 2012 - 07:26 PM

I like it... Cam is willing to put in the work. I think that he will continue to improve on his craft, which is scary crazy. He will be better this year, a lot better. He needs to go through a full training camp to take in all the knowledge available to him.

#27 Mage

Mage

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,550 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 07:30 PM

Clausen is trash. No way he ever starts in the NFL again, much less manage to beat out Newton. Even if Newton looked awful, at least he can make plays with his legs. Clausen is worthless all around.

#28 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • 16,963 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 22 July 2012 - 07:31 PM

you think our starting QB can lose his job because of a bad off season?

I think it opens the conversation if he does. I think Rivera wants to win and will start whoever plays the best. Isn't that what he said about Beason versus Kuechly in the middle on defense.

#29 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • 16,963 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 22 July 2012 - 07:34 PM

Clausen is trash. No way he ever starts in the NFL again, much less manage to beat out Newton. Even if Newton looked awful, at least he can make plays with his legs. Clausen is worthless all around.

I don't think Clausen will start either but we have training camp for a reason and that is to prepare for the season and establish the pecking order for players. I don't think that if newton played horribly that he would be guaranteed a job all season. he might start game 1 but like Delhomme in 2009, things can change.

#30 jtnc

jtnc

Resident Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • 13,513 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 07:34 PM

We have ourselves a Clausen nuthugger.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com