Photo
- - - - -

Cam will start TC on Monday with the Rookies....

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#31 KendrickPanther

KendrickPanther

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,200 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 07:35 PM

It IS beyond thinkable that Cam could lose his starting job. He could literally poo on Ron Ron's face and keep his job. He is our only shot at a bright future.

#32 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• Administrators
  • 13,566 posts
  • LocationILM

Posted 22 July 2012 - 07:36 PM

Glad to hear that both Cam and Big Money will be there with the rookies. Both sides of the ball will be represented by two guys who we need to have big years.

I seriously can't concentrate on a fuging thing you say b/c of that sweet delicious bottom that is in your signature.

#33 jtnc

jtnc

Resident Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • 13,465 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 07:38 PM

It IS beyond thinkable that Cam could lose his starting job. He could literally poo on Ron Ron's face and keep his job. He is our only shot at a bright future.

THIS, the idea of Cam losing his job because of a bad off-season is asinine.

#34 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • 16,737 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 22 July 2012 - 07:39 PM

We have ourselves a Clausen nuthugger.

You obviously don't follow my posts or you wouldn't say that.

#35 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • 16,737 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 22 July 2012 - 07:41 PM

THIS, the idea of Cam losing his job because of a bad off-season is asinine.

Then you don't know Rivera. He doesn't have forever to win and will play whoever he needs to in order to win. Obviously that will likely include Newton but only an idiot thinks that a player can play awful week after week and still start.

#36 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • 16,737 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 22 July 2012 - 07:42 PM

Poo on his face and still start??? He would lucky to be alive. LOL

#37 DaCityKats

DaCityKats

feed KB 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 8,602 posts
  • LocationDa City

Posted 22 July 2012 - 07:48 PM

I think it opens the conversation if he does. I think Rivera wants to win and will start whoever plays the best. Isn't that what he said about Beason versus Kuechly in the middle on defense.

im sorry it doesnt.no way you pull your franchise player QB because of a bad offseason. Beason and Luke example is more so to do with one coming off a major injury and not talent based.

#38 rico6

rico6

Shit.

• HUDDLER
  • 6,691 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 07:50 PM

Man, Cam is awesome.

#39 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • 16,737 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 22 July 2012 - 07:54 PM

im sorry it doesnt.no way you pull your franchise player QB because of a bad offseason. Beason and Luke example is more so to do with one coming off a major injury and not talent based.

This whole conversation started because I don't think it is a big deal that our second year player who started last year at quarterback is going to rookie camp since all the quarterbacks will be there and so will players who missed part of OTAs due to injury. I am pleased Newton is a hard worker and said that before we even drafted him as I was one of his biggest advocates.

The whole starting issue was in response to someone thinking the starting quarterback should be exempt and I said nothing was guaranteed. I actually think Newton will not only start, I think he is going to have a great season so this is a moot issue,

#40 jtnc

jtnc

Resident Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • 13,465 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 07:55 PM

Then you don't know Rivera. He doesn't have forever to win and will play whoever he needs to in order to win. Obviously that will likely include Newton but only an idiot thinks that a player can play awful week after week and still start.

He's not gonna just BENCH a QB that he drafted with the number one overall pick, Rivera knows he has to win, but he also knows Cam is a young player and is gonna make mistakes and has to grow. We have designated Cam as our franchise player, and I doubt he will be benched unless he sucks for a period of seasons.

#41 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • 16,737 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 22 July 2012 - 08:03 PM

He's not gonna just BENCH a QB that he drafted with the number one overall pick, Rivera knows he has to win, but he also knows Cam is a young player and is gonna make mistakes and has to grow. We have designated Cam as our franchise player, and I doubt he will be benched unless he sucks for a period of seasons.

I agree that the offseason would have little effect on whether he started game 1 but to assume if he was awful for seven or 8 games that there would not be any debate about sitting him and trying someone else is a little naive. As I noted above, this is really not worthy of a ton of debate given I think Newton will have an even better season than he did last year.

#42 panthers34

panthers34

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 736 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 08:06 PM

Cams a beast

#43 Pejorative Miscreant

Pejorative Miscreant

Cold Ass Honky

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,965 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 08:27 PM

Oh, and the obligatory, "Cam is 'tha Man'.", great move. Showin' up, practicin' before you're supposed to, you takin' notes, Drew/Moleboi?

I totally get this angle but the fact is, Cam is now the leader of this team. His job is to get them ready to win. That said he is supposed to show up a week early to develop continuity.

Somehow I don't think this was ever a question in his mind.

#44 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 25,380 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 08:33 PM

55 has a point....but Clausen is potentially the worst possible example to use while making it.

#45 Marguide

Marguide

South of the Border

• HUDDLER
  • 5,600 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 08:44 PM

I think many (like me) reacted to the original post without reading the article, and therefore didn't know that other non-rookies would also attend.

No idea why PFT wrote an article about it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com