Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anyone a fan of D-Will on Facebook? He is getting flamed bad...

221 posts in this topic

Posted

the meme has a point. there is misrepresentation based on race, religion, and creed in our society.

that said, williams' verbal articulation is not his strongest feature.

Posted

Who cares what he has to say? It's an opinion and should be respected as such. If you don't agree with it then suck it up and move on, I'm sure he really gives to craps about how we feel. That's the beauty of an opinion. I won't hate someone on the field because of what they said off of it.

People are too sensitive. This new America is ass with people getting so butt hurt over someone's opinion.

:)

Posted

the meme has a point. there is misrepresentation based on race, religion, and creed in our society.

that said, williams' verbal articulation is not his strongest feature.

The meme was trying to make a a couple points....made them poorly.

Posted

Colorado isn't known for shooting first and asking questions later. Had this gone down in LA, NY, Miami, or some other bigger city the guy would have been shot dead.

You mean like John Allen Muhammed and Lee Boyd Malvo who shot at least 10 people dead in the malls around DC in 2002 and weren't shot dead. They were black and Muslim. And they admitted to being terrorists.

Your statement reflects the kind of ignorance that perpetuates these kinds of racial foment.

Posted

Hard to believe that in the midst of all this extreme pain and anguish for everyone involved in this tragedy, that there are idiots that want to make this a racial issue. And idiots like Williams who reprint this type of negative message. He is no better than the person who made it. You would think that people would refrain from using this to promote their racist agenda and that people like Williams who is a celebrity would be intelligent enough not to give them a platform to promote it.

i do agree that a public figure such as himself should've been far more diplomatic in choosing what and what not to post. however, trying to remove political and societal issues from these discussions for the sake of "humanity" is a self-defeating measure, as these incidents are themselves direct effects of those forces. they are inseparable.

i would hope that opponents of this are merely opposing the act of a public figure discussing these sorts of things, and not angry that he brought up a legitimate social problem in its context.

1 person likes this

Posted

"Should have known u another thug making money off of what God gave you"

Damn...and the true feelings come out

2 people like this

Posted

I am not a friend or fan of Williams on Facebook but I have seen the same image posted all day by white friends/acquaintances of mine.

What's the big deal? It's not really that far from the truth.

1 person likes this

Posted

The meme was trying to make a a couple points....made them poorly.

i agree, it was terribly done. i am not defending its methodology, only the core of its intended message.

Posted

People do know, his wife is white, correct?

Posted

People do know, his wife is white, correct?

i didn't even know he was married.

Posted

i do agree that a public figure such as himself should've been far more diplomatic in choosing what and what not to post. however, trying to remove political and societal issues from these discussions for the sake of "humanity" is a self-defeating measure, as these incidents are themselves direct effects of those forces. they are inseparable.

i would hope that opponents of this are merely opposing the act of a public figure discussing these sorts of things, and not angry that he brought up a legitimate social problem in its context.

Mass murders occur by people of all races for a number of different reasons. The perpetrators are often killed because they don't give up or they kill themselves not because they are a particular race. This guy lived because he was standing outside the theater and didn't fire at the police when apprehended. Plain and simple.

As for discussing the fact he was extremely educated and smart, it had nothing to do with the fact he was white but that here was a brilliant previously high performing guy with no criminal record who went off the deep end. If he had been black or asian or indian the same things would be said.

This has no parallels to racial profiling or other racial issues. Those things happen and are real but have no relevance here.

Posted

i didn't even know he was married.

I think they got recently engaged, not sure if correct or not.

15fOVi.St.138.jpg

Risalyn Burzynski looks over a digital ceramic heather on her pre-selected family's Christmas list from the Salvation Army Adopt-A-Family program Thursday, December 8, 2011 at Sam's Club in Pineville, NC. Burzynski is the girlfriend of Carolina Panthers running back DeAngelo Williams.

http://www.charlotte...ve-for-the.html