CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,570 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina/Virginia

Posted 26 July 2012 - 08:33 PM

Link: http://espn.go.com/m...ui-invitational

LAHAINA, Hawaii -- North Carolina, a three-time champion of the EA Sports Maui Invitational, will face Mississippi State in the opening round of the 29th edition of the tournament.

The brackets, released Thursday, show the Tar Heels getting the winner of the Butler-Marquettegame in the semifinals. The other half of the bracket had Texas playing Chaminade, the Division II host school, and Southern California meeting Illinois.

The championship game is Nov. 21.

North Carolina won the tournament in 1999, 2004 and 2008, and the Tar Heels are trying to close in on Duke's record five titles. No other team in the 2012 field has won the tournament although Illinois (2000) and Marquette (2007) both finished second.

The tournament has four schools -- Colgate, Coppin State, Elon and Florida Atlantic -- which will only play regional games at campus sites.

This should be a good early test for the Heels. Carolina lost Barnes, Marshall, Zeller, and Henson to the NBA and Mississippi State lost a few good players as well in Arnett Moultrie, Dee Bost, and Brian Bryant.

However, the Heels won the recruiting battle as they added four, four star recruits as well as adding transfer Luke Davis; compared to Mississippi State's one four star recruit.

#2 bigcatdaddy

bigcatdaddy

• HUDDLER
  • 3,614 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 06:02 AM

Link: http://espn.go.com/m...ui-invitational

This should be a good early test for the Heels. Carolina lost Barnes, Marshall, Zeller, and Henson to the NBA and Mississippi State lost a few good players as well in Arnett Moultrie, Dee Bost, and Brian Bryant.

However, the Heels won the recruiting battle as they added four, four star recruits as well as adding transfer Luke Davis; compared to Mississippi State's one four star recruit.

Don't forget Miss St also lost Rodney Hood who transferred to Duke.

#3 Boltergeist

Boltergeist

Unicorns! Show ponies! Where's the beef!?

• HUDDLER
  • 6,216 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 10:14 PM

That top half is more the group of death. If the teams were seeded, you'd get no argument from me if the Heels, Butler, and Marquette were the Top 3. As an Illini fan though, it is nice to see them on the other side. It's a great chance for Groce to hit the ground running

#4 4Corners

4Corners

suck me beautiful

• HUDDLER
  • 14,161 posts
  • Location704

Posted 02 August 2012 - 09:02 AM

Don't forget Miss St also lost Rodney Hood who transferred to Duke.

Who? I can assure you Carolina isn't worried about MSU.

It's truly amazing the dukefags know everything about some guy and how great he is since transferring to duke. #teamgoogle

#5 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 23,570 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina/Virginia

Posted 02 August 2012 - 04:42 PM

I wouldn't say there not worried because Williams isn't the type of coach that allows his players toboverlook matchups. Also Hood is a pretty decent player.

By the way, I'm a Carolina fan.

#6 pOpCoRnPoPpEr

pOpCoRnPoPpEr

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,940 posts
  • LocationPrison

Posted 02 August 2012 - 04:55 PM

Should be a good early season test. I've always liked the Maui Invitational. Especially when Duke is playing. I believe its a good sutuation for young teams to jell for the long run.

#7 Herbert The Love Bug

Herbert The Love Bug

Stripper Name: Bo Dangles

• HUDDLER
  • 12,449 posts
  • Locationtied to your basement wall

Posted 02 August 2012 - 07:12 PM

oh no robby hood. oh he so good I go hide now

#8 bigcatdaddy

bigcatdaddy

• HUDDLER
  • 3,614 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 07:14 AM

Who? I can assure you Carolina isn't worried about MSU.

It's truly amazing the dukefags know everything about some guy and how great he is since transferring to duke. #teamgoogle

Why are you such a douche? I never said they should be worried about Miss St, the OP said it would be an early test for the heels and I disagreed since Miss St lost so much.

Were you shaken as a baby? I don't think anyone has said "how great" Hood is, although is he is a good player that has proven himself on the court unlike anyone in a unc uniform has. Plus you wouldn't know how "great" your incoming freshmen were going to be if you weren't part of #teamgoogle too.

#9 Nine_Lives

Nine_Lives

The Notorious GrG

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 938 posts
  • LocationNever neverland

Posted 06 August 2012 - 01:04 PM

Burn!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com