77 replies to this topic

#46 Rhys

Rhys

Not Rhys Lloyd

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 918 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 12:00 PM

I have better things to do With my life than worry about pissing people off on the internet that I've never met nor care to meet.

In this thread I've been personally insulted by several posters for expressing my realistic, educated opinion.

"asshole"
"douche"
"go fug yourself"

"I don't care what people think."

[minutes later]

"Daddy they called me no-no names!"

The fact is, no one can say with any certainty TD will or will not re-injure his ACL. Medically we all know this is uncharted territory, there is a possibility he remains healthy and recovers however unlikely.

It is asinine to make internet wagers with pay-pal accounts about the likelihood of him tearing it again. That's why people are calling you names.

#47 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,462 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 30 July 2012 - 12:03 PM

I'm pulling for the guy, but like I've stated at least a 1,000 times now, it's never been done before.

I'd sincerely question the legitimacy of any physical therapist who honestly believes an NFL LB can return to his previous form after severely injuring one of the most crucial parts of an athlete's body three times. Did your daughter attend Liberty university?

Part of the issue with the never been done, is how many times has it been attempted? How many guys have even injured it three times and tried to come back? If the answer is none, then being the first may suggest he is the only guy to have the balls and guts to attempt it not that it can't be done.

Secondly I would trust my daughters multiple degrees in the field of rehabilitation to a guy on an internet site with a health degree. Exercise physiology perhaps??

Fail as usual.

#48 coralreefer_1

coralreefer_1

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 324 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 12:08 PM

That is what happens when you go into a battle of wits without a weapon.

This post points out that most of the folks giving Mr. TD crap are weaponless.

He stated an opinion, and yet the blind love for the team/man/hype and hope for the season blind or in more related terms unarm so many others.

Naturally we all hope that he can come in and play a full season, but with that aside anyone who says that there is not a high liklihood that he will be injured again has their head in their buttocks. As great as he is, if he is reduced to a situational/rotation player out of fear of injury to him, he becomes as much of a liability to the team as as asset. Personally i would prefer an average LB out there every snap rather than a GREAT one who only plays 10 snaps a game and spends the rest of the game on the sidelines.

Can the average person come back from these surgeries and recover...sure! Can an NFL player whom has had these injuries come back to a game where they are constantly crashing and wrestling 250lbs plus men, getting fallen upon, hit, etc etc come back and play? Well...maybe some, but in my simple and humble opinion its just one more roster spot that could otherwise be open for someone who can be on the field more consistantly.

#49 CRA

CRA

• Moderators
  • 23,911 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 12:12 PM

This post points out that most of the folks giving Mr. TD crap are weaponless.

He stated an opinion, and yet the blind love for the team/man/hype and hope for the season blind or in more related terms unarm so many others.

Naturally we all hope that he can come in and play a full season, but with that aside anyone who says that there is not a high liklihood that he will be injured again has their head in their buttocks. As great as he is, if he is reduced to a situational/rotation player out of fear of injury to him, he becomes as much of a liability to the team as as asset. Personally i would prefer an average LB out there every snap rather than a GREAT one who only plays 10 snaps a game and spends the rest of the game on the sidelines.

Can the average person come back from these surgeries and recover...sure! Can an NFL player whom has had these injuries come back to a game where they are constantly crashing and wrestling 250lbs plus men, getting fallen upon, hit, etc etc come back and play? Well...maybe some, but in my simple and humble opinion its just one more roster spot that could otherwise be open for someone who can be on the field more consistantly.

great part is we have Luke, Beason, Anderson ready to play every snap.....so that leaves Davis as a situational player and there are few better for that than Davis if he can stay healthy for situational work. Signing Luke was a great thing for Carolina.....and Davis.

so the situation is great for Davis to attempt the comeback. If he was put in a role where he would have to play every down....I wouldn't like his chances.

#50 88 Bronco

88 Bronco

• HUDDLER
  • 5,901 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 12:14 PM

I'm pulling for the guy, but like I've stated at least a 1,000 times now, it's never been done before.

I'd sincerely question the legitimacy of any physical therapist who honestly believes an NFL LB can return to his previous form after severely injuring one of the most crucial parts of an athlete's body three times. Did your daughter attend devry university?

You seem to know something about Devry's degree programs. Are you trying to figure out who will be at the class reunion?

#51 4Corners

4Corners

suck me beautiful

• HUDDLER
  • 13,952 posts
  • Location704

Posted 30 July 2012 - 12:18 PM

Yes

#52 Jai.

Jai.

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 363 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 12:30 PM

Hope he beats the odds, him and his wife are awesome people!

#53 Kuech the Sneak

Kuech the Sneak

• HUDDLER
  • 4,421 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 12:58 PM

Everytime I see him cut, tackle, high five, jump or sprint I freak out.

Is it bad I feel the same way?

#54 Frash Brastard

Frash Brastard

The Frashmaker

• HUDDLER
  • 13,621 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 01:47 PM

remember guys they're not playing nearly as hard as they're going to be playing in october.

all likelihood is that the deck is stacked against him when it comes to staying healthy.

that said, all rationalism aside if a player comes back from tearing his acl three times and makes an impact for the first time in nfl history i hope it's davis that does it.

#55 Snake

Snake

swagaholic

• HUDDLER
  • 11,423 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 02:20 PM

Im starting to wonder how many people have multiple accounts in this thread alone.

#56 StrongArm

StrongArm

NEWB

• NEWB
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
  • LocationCAMolina

Posted 30 July 2012 - 02:30 PM

Like I said, Davis is one of my all time favorite Panthers, but I'll bet $100 PayPal right now he doesn't make it through the season. Any takers?

Are you sure you don't play for the Saints*?

#57 Panthro

Panthro

Bunned

• Moderators
  • 23,251 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 02:32 PM

Saints* fans are more tolerable

#58 Snake

Snake

swagaholic

• HUDDLER
  • 11,423 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 02:57 PM

Sad day in huddle history when we have fans that are Hating so hard that they want members of there own team to fail.

#59 CRA

CRA

• Moderators
  • 23,911 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 03:05 PM

Sad day in huddle history when we have fans that are Hating so hard that they want members of there own team to fail.

I don't know if I would say anyone wants anyone to fail.....

I think Armanti Edwards won't amount to poo in the NFL....I am not pulling for him to fail however. There is a difference.

#60 Rhys

Rhys

Not Rhys Lloyd

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 918 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 03:23 PM

I don't know if I would say anyone wants anyone to fail.....

I think Armanti Edwards won't amount to poo in the NFL....I am not pulling for him to fail however. There is a difference.

There's a broad gap between that and betting money that one of our own players has a devastating career ending injury. That's indefensible to me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.