Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cary Kollins

Your Top 10 Panthers of all-time

41 posts in this topic

Glad to see a few mentioned Fred Lane....he was the man that made those first few years exciting for me...I cant recall how many times me and my buddy were yelling "Fred Lane up the lane for ______ yards" while being stupid 19 year olds and drinking Gin.Juice~

I take this as no longer playing

Michael Bates

Sam Mills

John Kasay

Mushin Muhammed

Wesley Walls

Mike Minter

Mike Rucker

Stephen Davis

Lamar Lathon/Kevin Greene (I count them as one)

Kris Jenkins

Smith

Peppers

Rucker

Minter

Proehl

Walls

Beason

Smart

Davis

Newton

I see a good deal of the lists leave Jake off. I just don't understand how you can leave off a QB who has five playoff wins under his belt for this team.

I fully understand the hate Jake gets for his melt down years, however there are franchises in the NFL today that don't have five playoff wins (granted, attributing wins to Quarterbacks is a flawed method, however he was a key cog in getting those wins).

Leaving Jake off the top ten panthers speaks more towards the hate for the player himself, than the recognition of all the good Jake did (prior to his falling out).

1 person likes this

1. Nick Goings

2. Kevin Greene

3. Sam Mills

4. John Kasay

5. Steve Beurlein

6. Steve Smith

7. Stephen Davis

8. Mike Rucker

9. Muhsin Muhammad

10. Jake Delhomme

I'll forego giving you my top 10 Panthers until next month, when somebody makes the same exact thread... Only when the next one comes out, itll be the 30th time the same thread was created, and not the 29th...

What can I say, I'm an even numbered kind of guy

I'll forego giving you my top 10 Panthers until next month, when somebody makes the same exact thread... Only when the next one comes out, itll be the 30th time the same thread was created, and not the 29th...

I find this particularly ironic coming from one of the biggest creators of pointless and redundant threads.

I see a good deal of the lists leave Jake off. I just don't understand how you can leave off a QB who has five playoff wins under his belt for this team.

I fully understand the hate Jake gets for his melt down years, however there are franchises in the NFL today that don't have five playoff wins (granted, attributing wins to Quarterbacks is a flawed method, however he was a key cog in getting those wins).

Leaving Jake off the top ten panthers speaks more towards the hate for the player himself, than the recognition of all the good Jake did (prior to his falling out).

It's my Top 10 not yours.

24212879.jpg

People have favorite players for different reasons. It's just a top 10 "favorite" list. Somebody is not gonna make the cut. That doesn't mean that you "hate" the guys that aren't your favorites. It's this kind of reasoning that fueled many a polarizing thread about Delhomme over the years. The Jake fanatics were more irritating than Jake was by far. I respected Jake for what he was, he's just not one of my top 10 favorite Panthers (top 20, but not top 10).

People have favorite players for different reasons. It's just a top 10 "favorite" list. Somebody is not gonna make the cut. That doesn't mean that you "hate" the guys that aren't your favorites. It's this kind of reasoning that fueled many a polarizing thread about Delhomme over the years. The Jake fanatics were more irritating than Jake was by far. I respected Jake for what he was, he's just not one of my top 10 favorite Panthers (top 20, but not top 10).

I can respect that.

I didn't read the intial post where it mentioned the word "favorite"

Makes a lot more sense now not seeing him name on many's favorite panthers list.

I find this particularly ironic coming from one of the biggest creators of pointless and redundant threads.

Last year... Sure, I created a lot of threads that were ill advised.

This year... I have stepped up my game, I believe I even had one promoted to an article. (that doesnt happen too often, so i must be doing something right) Sure, I stated the obvious the other day, but I believe that I have matured as a poster over the past year.

Nobody here will be well recieved in every thread... So it's really not that big of a deal around here. Additionally, I seem to be one of the few who is actually trying to rally our fan base and promote the huddle to the fullest! I would think that the mods here would actually have an appreciation for those types of posters.

Either way, I live this team til death do us part, I will continue trying to rally this fan base and make the Huddle better all around, I'll continue to get the word out about the Huddle... I'll also continue taking either praise or my lumps in stride... I'll give poo and take poo if necesary. In the end, we are a team here, striving to bring all of the visitors the latest up to date news, and hopefully, we can do that all the way to the Super Bowl this year