Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cbssports - Steve Smith donates...still a bad guy...right?

13 posts in this topic

Posted

tumblr_m7vrbfaAvJ1r0bikuo2_500.jpg

Posted

Enjoyed the read, thanks for posting.

Posted

The tax write off on that donation must be incredible.

Posted

fug Jake Smitty is the greatest Panther ever.

Posted

The tax write off on that donation must be incredible.

I always find this line of thinking interesting. Ok so let's say he writes off the 100k. Maybe that reduces his tax liability what? 30-40k? I don't know about you but spending a 100 to save 40 doesn't seem like a good deal
1 person likes this

Posted

i saw the play that instigated smitty punching lucas and while it was a bit extreme, he had it coming to him. it was training camp and jake wasnt even looking smitty's way and lucas hit smitty into the ground. the ball wasnt even going that way. totally uncalled for. about 4 mins passed afterwards and i guess smitty was running through what happened in his mind and decided it was crap and then went up to lucas and decked him.

3 people like this

Posted

i saw the play that instigated smitty punching lucas and while it was a bit extreme, he had it coming to him. it was training camp and jake wasnt even looking smitty's way and lucas hit smitty into the ground. the ball wasnt even going that way. totally uncalled for. about 4 mins passed afterwards and i guess smitty was running through what happened in his mind and decided it was crap and then went up to lucas and decked him.

cool, thanks for sharing. I had never heard a first hand account of the situation.

Posted

Yeah, I'd never heard that either... always two sides to a story. Obviously Smith could've handled it better, but he's a guy just like the rest of us and a ultra competitive one at that...

Everyone made a big deal of it at the time, but it's fuging training camp, fights happen... it never diminished my view of Smith in the slightest. This latest donation is right in line with the opinion I already had of him.

Posted

I always find this line of thinking interesting. Ok so let's say he writes off the 100k. Maybe that reduces his tax liability what? 30-40k? I don't know about you but spending a 100 to save 40 doesn't seem like a good deal

He did not donate 100k to write off 100k. He donated 100k bc he wanted to...tax write offs be dammed! 100k donation for 60k is like a living social deal...40% off

Posted

Dude needs a statue next to Sam, just sayin. And it needs to have a ball spinning on its tip at his feet. Make that poo operable.

Posted

Dude needs a statue next to Sam, just sayin. And it needs to have a ball spinning on its tip at his feet. Make that poo operable.

I'm almost sure when he's done playing football for the panthers there will be a statue.