Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SetfreexX

Once you're gone, you're gone, as Jeff Otah will find out

27 posts in this topic

This is something that nobody here knows but pretends they do. The fact is, Rivera talked about how hard he worked last season and how good of a job he was doing. Then he got hurt again. The fans have nothing to base this laziness assertion on other than his "fat" o-line body type, which for some reason they attribute to laziness for him but not for Bell, Hangman, Kalil, Amini, or Gross, who all have the same o-line body.

He can't pass a physical. He's not going to these physicals and saying "My knee is fine but I don't waaaaannaaaaa." The doctors are looking at the knee and saying no.

Didn't he just pass the Panther's physical? What is so different between the physicals Jets do and Panthers do?

1 person likes this

It's funny to me why so many people were counting on Otah being here this year. And I don't mean on the team, I mean on the field. I expected him to at least be on the team but he has proven that he wasn't reliable. Never penciled him in as the starter.

Now, it does suck that we probably won't get anything for him but really we only were going to receive a late round pick.

And I am assuming he failed the physical because of conditioning not because of the knee (although they surely go hand and hand). Jets had to have known about his injured knee.

I'm confused. Is he officially gone? Or is that a bloggers speculation?

This is something that nobody here knows but pretends they do. The fact is, Rivera talked about how hard he worked last season and how good of a job he was doing. Then he got hurt again. The fans have nothing to base this laziness assertion on other than his "fat" o-line body type, which for some reason they attribute to laziness for him but not for Bell, Hangman, Kalil, Amini, or Gross, who all have the same o-line body.

He can't pass a physical. He's not going to these physicals and saying "My knee is fine but I don't waaaaannaaaaa." The doctors are looking at the knee and saying no.

i understand ur point that as an olineman, ur generally a beefy guy but kalil and gross in particular are extremely lean.

honestly even if otah's knee is the problem, he isn't in football playing shape. he wasn't last year and was constantly getting pulled for a breather and puking on the sidelines. yea i know u cant run with a bum knee, but he coulda swam, rode stationary bikes, hell even done upper body cardio. maybe otah could overcome his knee and provide something to the team, but he surely has not been giving 100%.

you try to put 6'6 360 lbs on a bad knee and see how you feel. remember how hard he worked last season and started the season but got hurt again? He really has a really bad knee. He isn't lazy. But I hope we can get something in return for him.

Id like to know where some of you are getting your insider information.

I'm confused. Is he officially gone? Or is that a bloggers speculation?

STAFF MEETS WITH OTAH

Rivera confirmed that he and general manager Marty Hurney met with offensive tackle Jeff Otahicon-article-link.gif today after the trade to the Jets was voided.

"We sat down and had a nice discussion," Rivera said. "Everything hinges on him going back and getting that physical."

As long as he's still a part of the Panthers he's not gone.

Who cares if he's "accepted"? If he's PHYSICALLY HERE, then he's not gone.

Im pulling for Otah man. Idk about you guys but i would love for him to stay and acually contribute to this Oline. Get a freakin prostetic leg!!

I agree, I think everyone needs to stop pretending they know whats up with Otah. It is in the coaches hands now. They will do what is best for the team

Sure we did, plenty of disappointment, fat jokes, things to keep us busy when bored, he even gave us the hope that he was gone.

All true statements but of course was referring to something more significant, like a pick to replace the pick we traded.