How many of you are actually undecided?

• Please log in to reply
94 replies to this topic

#61 Epistaxis

Epistaxis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 07 August 2012 - 12:01 PM

No. Attitudes like hers and mine recognize the best methods to change is to change from the inside. Tea Party is a perfect example. How many establishment candidates have they defeated in the past 3 years. Richard Lugar is the perfect example. You want change. Work from the inside out. When you fail at that...jumping up and down outside in the dark isn't going to get you anywhere.

I don't jump up and down.

I simply won't vote for the lesser of two pudwhacks anymore.

And change from the inside doesn't work, you simply get rebadged garbage faking it.

#62 natty

natty

HUDDLER

Posted 07 August 2012 - 12:03 PM

I hate the notion that voting 3rd party is 'throwing your vote away' and then people turn around and bitch that there's no viable 3rd party candidates. What we need is a consistent amount of votes for other parties. None of this 8% one election, 0.5% the next election, 10% the next, 0.2% the next, etc. If there is a consistent turnout - say 3-5% - for Libertarian or Green party candidates you WILL get the attention of the main parties. Those are votes that can decide an election and the dems and pubs will change their positions to get them.

I personally have decided to only vote for Libertarians or Greens. I'm leaning towards Johnson right now.

#63 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

HUDDLER

Posted 07 August 2012 - 12:06 PM

I don't jump up and down.

I simply won't vote for the lesser of two pudwhacks anymore.

And change from the inside doesn't work, you simply get rebadged garbage faking it.

See...that's where you're wrong. Change from the inside is working. You don't think Boehner is feeling the heat now that so many tea party candidates are beating the establishment Rs in primaries? You really believe he wants to try to cut a deal with democrats to help stave off the military cuts KNOWING the tea party will destroy him for that? Cruz defeated Dewhurst. Mourdock defeated Lugar. There are others and it's definately changed the party dynamics. The same can't be said for the uber Occupy movement. They resemble more of the same sitting on the sidelines whining about things and voting for Gary Johnson and other 3rd party no-chance-in-winning candidates. Sounds harsh...but that's just the truth.

#64 mav1234

mav1234

HUDDLER

Posted 07 August 2012 - 12:12 PM

See, that's where you're wrong again. Not once did I say anything about 'confiscating' guns. That's where liberals are as bad as conservatives, at jumping to conclusions. I was talking about reform & new laws, not destroying the second amendment.
Nobody expects him to send officials to houses to collect weapons except crazies.

I was responding to your comment about not thinking he was going to confiscate your guns in 2008. I interpreted that as you thinking he might now, because your implication was you weren't going to vote for him this time around but you did last time over gun issues. My mistake for not properly reading the post you were responding to and misinterpreting your own based around the confiscating guns line.

Considering the Republicans are going to control the House regardless, I don't expect any major gun legislation at all. Obama has made no movements in that direction, and despite saying we needed to 'reflect,' I don't think that is a call to action.

#65 Kuech Da Sneak

Kuech Da Sneak

As long as we aren't 32.

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 07 August 2012 - 12:28 PM

I was responding to your comment about not thinking he was going to confiscate your guns in 2008. I interpreted that as you thinking he might now, because your implication was you weren't going to vote for him this time around but you did last time over gun issues. My mistake for not properly reading the post you were responding to and misinterpreting your own based around the confiscating guns line.

Considering the Republicans are going to control the House regardless, I don't expect any major gun legislation at all. Obama has made no movements in that direction, and despite saying we needed to 'reflect,' I don't think that is a call to action.

It's alright, maybe I should have made myself more clear.
I'm more concerned about him doing things like re-enacting the "Assault" Weapons Ban, making it harder to buy certain magazines/weapons platforms, etc.
I don't know many who think he's actually going to come around snatching shotguns, rifles, & pistols up, except those that think we're going to be in FEMA camps by the end of 2012.

#66 Epistaxis

Epistaxis

HUDDLER

Posted 07 August 2012 - 12:58 PM

See...that's where you're wrong. Change from the inside is working. You don't think Boehner is feeling the heat now that so many tea party candidates are beating the establishment Rs in primaries? You really believe he wants to try to cut a deal with democrats to help stave off the military cuts KNOWING the tea party will destroy him for that? Cruz defeated Dewhurst. Mourdock defeated Lugar. There are others and it's definately changed the party dynamics. The same can't be said for the uber Occupy movement. They resemble more of the same sitting on the sidelines whining about things and voting for Gary Johnson and other 3rd party no-chance-in-winning candidates. Sounds harsh...but that's just the truth.

I don't see the tea party as anything but rebadging, and I don't like any of their candidates either.

I hear a lot of the same bible thumping garbage from many of them.

I have yet to see a republican really stand for slowing down government.

Perhaps you are right, and they are changing things.

I just don't like their direction.

I like Libertarian political beliefs, and coolguys that think it is unworkable or juvenile can kiss my ass, I'll likely never vote for a Republican again, unless they get out of bed with the fundies.

And we both know that that'll never happen, since those retards make up the base.

Goldwater was right.

#67 Awesomeness!!

Awesomeness!!

BangBang

• LocationArizona
HUDDLER

Posted 07 August 2012 - 01:21 PM

So to answer the question, no, nobody is truly undecided..

#68 Chimera

Chimera

Not Bant

HUDDLER

Posted 07 August 2012 - 01:49 PM

So to answer the question, no, nobody is truly undecided..

I guess you missed my post.

#69 Niner National

Niner National

HUDDLER

Posted 07 August 2012 - 02:33 PM

I hear a lot of the same bible thumping garbage from many of them.

This is why I've turned away from the republican party.

The millennial generation is a lot less religious than the baby boomer generation. The republican party is heading in the opposite direction of societal trends. If it continues to hold on to the past societal norms, it will slowly lose its future.

#70 Tarheel31

Tarheel31

cynical pessimist

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 07 August 2012 - 03:22 PM

The millennial generation is a lot less religious than the baby boomer generation. The republican party is heading in the opposite direction of societal trends. If it continues to hold on to the past societal norms, it will slowly lose its future.

Excellent point.

There is hope after all!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users