94 replies to this topic

#91 Panthers128

Panthers128

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,283 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 11:51 AM

I'm registered as independent. I've decided not to vote. I'll wait for a new batch of contestants in 2016, maybe they'll find someone reasonable to run.

#92 natty

natty

• HUDDLER
  • 4,756 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 12:19 PM

How can any of you with any semblence of intelligence believe that the republicans are barricading themselves in a bubble and being obstinant. Guess what...Obama's plan has gotten near zero votes in Congress. What plans has Harry Reid presented? ZERO.

You want to bitch and moan about republicans having firm stances on taxation and spending, but absolutely nothing from the democrats for comparison OR compromise.

Ignorance is truly blissful. Stay undecided and don't vote...please...for the sake of the country. And by "don't vote", I include that being a vote for someone that has zero chance at winning anything.

Wasn't talking about republicans. Was talking about you. A statement you made. But cool story bro.

#93 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 18,512 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 01:07 PM

Wasn't talking about republicans. Was talking about you. A statement you made. But cool story bro.

Right...you simply carried on a one-sided narrative.

#94 King

King

A Cell of Awareness

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,761 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 05:38 PM

Those still undecided, you can always cast your vote for strong teeth:

#95 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 17,029 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 06:24 PM

Because compromise=spending deals that do nothing to fix the problem

Be it defense spending, entitlement spending, everything. It needs across the board cuts...period. Some programs and their subsequent bureaucracy cut out entirely.

As mmbeans said, the style of government we have demands compromise in some cases. Our government cannot function without it. The odds are that for the foreseeable future, the democrats are going to have control of one of three parts of the government (Senate, House, Executive branch) that is required to allow a budget to pass, so they are going to be able to block any attempts at slashing budgets without some tax increases. So the republicans are going to have to compromise on the no tax increase mentality, or the deficit will continue to climb. Thats just all there is to it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com