82 replies to this topic

#31 Panthericulous

Panthericulous

I'm calmer than you are..

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 12 May 2009 - 05:08 PM

Does UK really wanna go through that again?

again? are you talking about shawn kemp?

that was about 20 years a 3 coaches ago...

and this 5 scholly thing... i have not heard a single person mention it once... i would think that someone who gets paid a lot of money to cover college bball would come up with that and say it is impossible for uk to land wall...

#32 Falcons1stPanthers2nd

Falcons1stPanthers2nd

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,862 posts

Posted 12 May 2009 - 05:10 PM

again? are you talking about shawn kemp?

that was about 20 years a 3 coaches ago...

and this 5 scholly thing... i have not heard a single person mention it once... i would think that someone who gets paid a lot of money to cover college bball would come up with that and say it is impossible for uk to land wall...

At least you knew what i meant ;)

And yeah i said i think not sure in parentheses so it wasn't meant to be taken as fact.

#33 Panthericulous

Panthericulous

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 12 May 2009 - 05:19 PM

Am i the only one who sees the dickishness in that? Wall will leave after one year as opposed to a guy who will give 4 years (well depending who they cut) to your program? Haven't UNC and UF taught people anything?

not saying it doesnt suck, but when a new coach is getting less and less time to win, it is getting like professional sports, he needs to make neccessary changes to ensure winning... it sucks, hence why i am glad he is making those calls and not me...

but to begin... both liggins and stewart had big time issues with the team, stewart was kicked off the team mid season last year but was allowed back after a team meeting and the team voted to have him back... liggins refused to go back into a game after he had been taken out....

the one player i would be upset if his scholly is just pulled and he must leave the team is harris... not much of an offensive player, but has been a solid defender and good teammate which is why i think he may give up his scholarship for the better of the team...

in the end i dont think cal will have to send anyone on their way... liggins may be out just bc of other players in front of him, and stewart may leave for the reason above, and harrelson just bc he knows he is not a fit in the offense and wont get pt...

and sorry we cant learn from the great unc and the unblievable uf...

#34 Panthericulous

Panthericulous

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 12 May 2009 - 05:21 PM

At least you knew what i meant ;)

And yeah i said i think not sure in parentheses so it wasn't meant to be taken as fact.

:cool:

of course i know... i grew up a UK fan, i am a UK grad... lived all over the country, was an air force brat, but wherever we went my parents, who are also UK grads, made sure we watched every game....

#35 Falcons1stPanthers2nd

Falcons1stPanthers2nd

• HUDDLER
  • 2,862 posts

Posted 12 May 2009 - 05:46 PM

:cool:

of course i know... i grew up a UK fan, i am a UK grad... lived all over the country, was an air force brat, but wherever we went my parents, who are also UK grads, made sure we watched every game....

I've said that to so many UK fans and have them have NO clue what i was talking about (not calling UK bandwagoners cause UNC has just as many)

and sorry we cant learn from the great unc and the unblievable uf...

Well when UNC and UF won we had many junior and senior players. Like you said in the start of your post though he has to win now.

#36 Panthericulous

Panthericulous

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 13 May 2009 - 06:58 AM

I've said that to so many UK fans and have them have NO clue what i was talking about (not calling UK bandwagoners cause UNC has just as many)

Well when UNC and UF won we had many junior and senior players. Like you said in the start of your post though he has to win now.

and we will have several... two (assuming meeks come back... which he should) will start... and another is a double double guy in stephenson... granted he wont have those numbers next year but he will provide some leadership along with patterson to the young front court.... and meeks will do the same to the back court...

we wont have as much experience but we are returning one second team all america and and patterson should have at least been mentioned (he wasnt even in the honorable mention despit averaging about 20 and ten last year)

its all a crap shoot, but all i know is three months ago i was looking forward to college football bc we have a pretty solid team again, and now i cant wait for college bball to start, the state of ky is buzzing right now, it feels very similar to when williams was hired at unc... people just know its going to be special...

#37 Luc21

Luc21

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 13 May 2009 - 11:54 AM

[quote name='dimbee']Everything I'm reading says it's down to UK and Miami... logic would lead one to believe that UK would win that competition...
QUOTE]

http://sportsillustr...ex.html?eref=T1

Not so fast my friend....This article along with several so called recruiting experts, Jerry Myer, Evan Daniels, ETC. believe that it is a 3 or 4 team race...Kentucky, Duke, Miami and maybe Florida, but probably not. Personally I still think Kentucky is in driver seat, but Duke and Miami are right there....I called into rivals radio(I know, I know, Rivals for football, my reason for calling was to talk Duke football) this morning and they seem to think he will not make a decision until after May 20th.

That adds a whole new element to this deal, because even if he verbals with a school during this summer, he doesnt have to fullfill that commitment if he has not signed, which he wouldn't do until the first day of classes.

Example, he could verbal Kentucky then change his mind by the end of the summer and go to Miami or Duke, or any one of those scenarios. Which with this recruitment, wouldn't be out of the question.

#38 dimbee

dimbee

Rabble Rouser

• HUDDLER
  • 7,885 posts

Posted 14 May 2009 - 11:43 AM

For the 13th time in the past 14 seasons and the fourth straight season, Kentucky led the nation in average home attendance, 22,239 per game.

:D

That's why players want to play there and coaches want to coach there. The stage gets no bigger.

#39 Luc21

Luc21

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 14 May 2009 - 12:38 PM

:D

That's why players want to play there and coaches want to coach there. The stage gets no bigger.

No bigger than getting beat by Gardner-Webbm, VMI or San Diego in front of a crowd like that? Or do you mean gets no bigger in terms of how difficult it is to play in front of that many people at home and get booed?

"Maybe that Gardner-Webb rout wasn't a fluke. Kentucky, one of the most storied programs in college basketball history, has now lost five of its last six games for the first time since the 1979-80 season. Many in the stunned crowd of 23,756 at Rupp Arena were booing on the way out and questioning the team's effort and coaching decisions. "I really don't have anything to say to Kentucky fans," Gillispie said. "I couldn't disagree very much with the way we played. I think we're getting better, and I thought we'd perform better, but we didn't."

Or ask Rondo, the best Kentucky has in the NBA right now.

"He said he hadn't been booed as hard as he was in Chicago since he attended Kentucky, where the home crowd didn't like him all that much and rode him constantly in his sophomore season,"

Kentucky has very storied history that is why people want to coach there. Players coming in now, can't remember back to when Kentucky was a dominate college basketball team.

#40 dimbee

dimbee

Rabble Rouser

• HUDDLER
  • 7,885 posts

Posted 14 May 2009 - 12:44 PM

Really puts into perspective what it's like to play in a converted barn, eh Duke boy?

#41 Luc21

Luc21

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 14 May 2009 - 01:52 PM

Really puts into perspective what it's like to play in a converted barn, eh Duke boy?

There are a couple journalists, sports media personalities and fans in this world who have somehow all come to the conclusion, that barn is a top sporting, not just basketball, venue in the world. But sure you keep packing in that 23,000 so they can see that great product that is Wildcat basketball. Rupp is on a couple of those lists :thumbsup:

http://sportsillustr.../content.9.html

http://www.tripadvis...rts_Venues.html

http://community.fox...e_United_States

http://sportsillustr.../02/top_venues/

http://media.www.bro...224-page2.shtml

Posted Image

#42 dimbee

dimbee

Rabble Rouser

• HUDDLER
  • 7,885 posts

Posted 14 May 2009 - 01:57 PM

There are a couple journalists, sports media personalities and fans in this world who have somehow all come to the conclusion, that barn is a top sporting, not just basketball, venue in the world.

Super duper!!!

#43 Panthericulous

Panthericulous

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 14 May 2009 - 04:16 PM

Posted Image

how easily you forget 98 and coming back from 18 down....

92 was a great game, but 98 was a pretty damn good too and its amazing to me how that never gets brought up....

#44 dimbee

dimbee

Rabble Rouser

• HUDDLER
  • 7,885 posts

Posted 14 May 2009 - 04:38 PM

Put someone on the ball, pitino!!!!

#45 Panthericulous

Panthericulous

• HUDDLER