• Please log in to reply
146 replies to this topic

#1 RockyTopVol

RockyTopVol

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,586 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 03:55 PM

Just wanted to touch base with any State fans to see what they think about this game. Other than Glennon and Amerson, I don't know a lot about their team.
Someone on Volnation did some trolliing, and posted a link to a State message board that was littered with fans proclaiming that they'd "blow out" Tennessee. One guy predicted 42-3. Much like the Panthers this season, the 42 part wouldn't surprise me, but if anyone can hold the Vols to just 3 points, they're probably a national title contender.

#2 YoungPanthers89

YoungPanthers89

Lucy Snorebush

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,495 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 07 August 2012 - 04:01 PM

Its about the same for me, don't know much about Tenn aside from Bray and his drunken activities but I think it'll be a good game.

#3 Panthro

Panthro

Bunned

• Moderators
  • 22,257 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 04:17 PM

The talk is that this game is a must win for the program and for the ACC.

#4 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 19,995 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina/Virginia

Posted 07 August 2012 - 04:52 PM

I hope they get rocked.

#5 RockyTopVol

RockyTopVol

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,586 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 05:28 PM

Being called a must-win for Dooley, too.
As for the Vols, I will say that they really have an unreal receiving corps. Then again, Bray is the QB so who knows if that will even matter. He is good but seems to have a passion for throwing into coverage. First year moving to 3-4 defense, but it's Sal Sunseri and I love him as a coach.

#6 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 19,995 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 05:44 PM

Carolina already got their victory against Tenn in the bowl game awhile back, so I wan't Tenn to destroy ncsu.

#7 RockyTopVol

RockyTopVol

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,586 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 05:54 PM

BTW I'm in no way a State hater. I grew up in Wilson as a State fan. Pops went to school there since we had season tix when I was a kid. Moved to Knoxville in 11th grade and then went to UT.
While I don't follow state closely, I still like to see them do well...just not when playing Tennessee.

#8 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 19,995 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 06:15 PM

I am lol.

#9 Raleighcat83

Raleighcat83

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 715 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 07:46 PM

Just wanted to touch base with any State fans to see what they think about this game. Other than Glennon and Amerson, I don't know a lot about their team.
Someone on Volnation did some trolliing, and posted a link to a State message board that was littered with fans proclaiming that they'd "blow out" Tennessee. One guy predicted 42-3. Much like the Panthers this season, the 42 part wouldn't surprise me, but if anyone can hold the Vols to just 3 points, they're probably a national title contender.

Haha, I definitely don't see 42-3. I think we'll be a little better than last year, mostly because we're healthier and it took Glennon a few games to really get comfortable last season. As far as what to expect, it's not just Amerson, the whole secondary is loaded with talent. Both safeties, Wolff and Bishop, will play in the NFL. The D-line has good depth, linebackers are a concern though. Our offense will depen on Glennon being consistent and some receivers other than Tobias Palmer emerging. I think we can beat Tennessee, but I'd bet the game will be decided by less than a touchdown either way.

#10 RockyTopVol

RockyTopVol

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,586 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 09:05 AM

Haha, I definitely don't see 42-3. I think we'll be a little better than last year, mostly because we're healthier and it took Glennon a few games to really get comfortable last season. As far as what to expect, it's not just Amerson, the whole secondary is loaded with talent. Both safeties, Wolff and Bishop, will play in the NFL. The D-line has good depth, linebackers are a concern though. Our offense will depen on Glennon being consistent and some receivers other than Tobias Palmer emerging. I think we can beat Tennessee, but I'd bet the game will be decided by less than a touchdown either way.

Nine days! I'm pretty stoked to get back into some football. I'm feeling more and more confident about this game as it gets closer. I'm sure that will change completely by kickoff.
Our offense should be pretty stout, and on defense, we're all really excited to see this guy in action. Stories from practice say that he's unbelievably fast for his size. He's known as The Green Mile, in Knoxville.

Dan McCullers (DT)
6'6 365lbs.

Posted Image

#11 4Corners

4Corners

Trill Laimbeer

• HUDDLER
  • 13,370 posts
  • Location704

Posted 22 August 2012 - 10:31 AM

35-17 vols

#12 Raleighcat83

Raleighcat83

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 715 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 03:53 PM

Nine days! I'm pretty stoked to get back into some football. I'm feeling more and more confident about this game as it gets closer. I'm sure that will change completely by kickoff.
Our offense should be pretty stout, and on defense, we're all really excited to see this guy in action. Stories from practice say that he's unbelievably fast for his size. He's known as The Green Mile, in Knoxville.

Dan McCullers (DT)
6'6 365lbs.

Posted Image

Is that photoshopped? He doesnt look 6'6", he looks 8'6". Are all the coaches midgets?

#13 RockyTopVol

RockyTopVol

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,586 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 03:59 PM

Not photoshopped. here's one of him next to some fellow defensive players.

http://www.govolsxtr.../aug/18/251376/

#14 YoungPanthers89

YoungPanthers89

Lucy Snorebush

• HUDDLER
  • 10,495 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 22 August 2012 - 06:35 PM

almost as big as this kid... http://www.lostlette...ensive-lineman/
:wacko:

#15 RockyTopVol

RockyTopVol

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,586 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 09:16 AM

Da'Rick Rogers had been indefinitely suspended. So much for our three-headed-monster at WR.
What is wrong with kids today?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.