Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

fieryprophet

8/8 Training Camp TweetsThread

67 posts in this topic

I agree, Godfrey isn't the greatest either...but Martin was completely out of position many times last year, and I've heard nothing about good things about Nakamura, so I'd like him to have his shot. If I heard more about Reggie then maybe I'd be calling for Godfrey's head too. Captain will be destroyed by every #2 reciever and most 3s, and the fact he's started multiple fights in camp bothers me too. I'm sorry but 5'8 is not going to cover 6'1+ recievers.

Reports are Capt hasn't started any fights....he just doesn't back down. Captain just lacks size....and experience. He is a tad over aggressive at times and that is probably only a useful trait when you can pressure a QB....

But he has IMO had some pretty good coverage on some big plays. I remember 2 last year where he just lost his footing....yeah, he gave up the pass but he was all over the assignment.

My high school coach always screamed out obscenities about anal rape. It is more a metaphor about ass fuging than Sanduskyness.

1 person likes this

Finally a Nelson Rosario sighting! Hoping he shows enough to stick on the PS at least.

Another dude trying to be funny

We've come together and decided that it was indeed funny.

Ah, the Huddle

Reports are Capt hasn't started any fights....he just doesn't back down. Captain just lacks size....and experience. He is a tad over aggressive at times and that is probably only a useful trait when you can pressure a QB....

But he has IMO had some pretty good coverage on some big plays. I remember 2 last year where he just lost his footing....yeah, he gave up the pass but he was all over the assignment.

The problem is that the new interpretation of pass interference/illegal contact really hamstrings the small DBs. It pretty much ended Ricky Manning Jr's career. He was a damn good CB for us in large part due to his physicality. You just can't play like that these days without flags littering the field. The small guys used to be able to compensate for lack of size with physicality, but these days you pretty much have to be an elite cover CB if you're undersized. I'm not saying Captain is a waste of a roster spot, not in the least. But, if he's a starting CB for you, it's not because you love him as a starter, it's because you simply don't have anyone else.

1 person likes this

Get in their ass COACH!!!!

huh?

Another dude trying to be funny

1 person likes this

Well he's not going to grow anymore, and he's going into his 3rd year, lack of expierence can no longer be an excuse. The guy doesn't have elite speed and is small, and we're in a division of #2 recievers that aren't far behind their #1 as far as talent goes. If I was a OC and saw Munnerlyn on Julio Jones or Mike Williams, I'm going to throw to his side all day. He's already 4+ inchers shorter, with shorter arms etc, it doesn't take much to out muscle him.

1 person likes this

Yep, unfortunately for Captain, our division is stacked with BIG, talented WRs.

Yep, unfortunately for Captain, our division is stacked with BIG, talented WRs.

not just our division but look at the teams we play this year.

It seems to be the trend overall. A lot of these WRs look like TEs and run like WRs. They're athletic freaks.

It seems like if a WR prospect is under 6'2" these days, he's labeled as "undersized".